I hate mock drafts mock draft board.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pick 25. Percy Harvin. Oh, yeah.

Pick 56, as if Schneider will actually pick at this spot. I'm lousy at spotting talent at line positions, but if I had to guess, I would guess Kyle Long. Atheltic with upside, we saw with Sweezy they aren't afraid of raw talent. I feel like a successor to Breno is a priority. Other targets, Ricky Wagner, Dallas Thomas, Corey Lemonier, Dion Sims, and my wild card, Quinton Patton.

Third round target(s)
Stefan Charles. Pure athlete at 6'5" 320 plus? And he looks to have some good football fundamentals? Charles looks on paper to be a better player than a guy he played next to last year, and that guy went in the third round. I could easily see this being a move around early third round pick. 320 pound chiseled players with 37 inch verticals are rare. I would not be surprised if Seattle packaged a pick to move up in the second and grab this guy. Eff the draft boards, that would be a Seattle move that would make people pause, but then they would shut up. Cuz they are starting to know that Schneider is a mad genius. Right? Montori Huges would not surprise me either, nor would Brandon Jenkins, Jamie Collins, Trevardo WIlliams, Jordan Mills, Nick Kasa, Malliciah Goodman, and Luke Marquadt.

Fourth round target(s) If Seattle wants a non project cornerback that fits the profile, this is the latest we can get one, with all the increased focus on cornerbacks that we like. Same goes for fast linebackers who can get on the field for a few hundred snaps in 2013. I am willing to give up on a good tall corner who isn't switching positions for 2013, but not linebacker.
Jayson Dimanche. Mel Kiper's skin will begin to crawl if this guy goes in the fourth, but I can't find a linebacker likely to be still available with his upside. Most of you know I might covet this guy more than any other in this draft. Measurables that show a hard worker, tape that shows a playmaker, and team captain. This guy screams unique skills. And a player who I think could see the field a lot in his first year. He is my thorn in the side of Kaepernick pick.
Also, I could see a tight end here. Gragg, Kasa, Escobar, Otten, or even, and this makes me want to cry, Tyrann Mathieu. Though I suspect Seattle sees him as a 6th round pot head present, like McCoy was in 2010.

5th round target(s). Zac Dysert. Or an athletic QB who falls in the draft, Jordan Rodgers,etc...Also, a RB/FB would not be a surprise, especially one with kick return skills. Kenjon Barner, or Christine Michael. I think Michael might fall this far, sleeping through interviews at the combine was a dunderhead move
Cooper Taylor with our 2nd 5th rounder, as our picks sit right now. We like safeties that double as big nickel linebackers, and Taylor would be that.

6th round target.
Denard Robinson. Screams Seahawk.

7th round. Geez, like I know anything. Brice Butler, Mark Harrison, Micheal Williams, Colby Cameron. There, happy?

So, in order of round.
Kyle Long
Stefan Charles
Jason Dimanche
Christine Michael and Cooper Taylor
Denard Robinson
Brice Butler, Mark Harrison, Michael Williams, Colby Cameron

This draft will get a guy killed with the experts, and I think every single player I chose would make the Seahawks better.

aawolf

Reaction score
Stefan Charles seems like a project to me...He looks good in pads, but he's going to be pretty raw going up against NFL centers and guards. I probably wouldn't pick him in the third. I like your tight end projections there.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
aawolf":2n0wyxbf said:
Stefan Charles seems like a project to me...He looks good in pads, but he's going to be pretty raw going up against NFL centers and guards. I probably wouldn't pick him in the third. I like your tight end projections there.
You aren't wrong. But we have the free agent from Miami to allow time for development. Like I said, his linemate went in the third last year to the Saints, and he is better. He had a 2 day private workout with the Hawks, so they are very interested. It will get called a reach for sure in the third.

j hawk

Reaction score
Scotte, Christine Michel is a very good fit for the Hawks. Do you really see him lasting to the 5th rd ? Granted he has a few red flags but if I wrer to grab him it would be no later than the 3rd rd.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
j hawk":371aawq4 said:
Scotte, Christine Michel is a very good fit for the Hawks. Do you really see him lasting to the 5th rd ? Granted he has a few red flags but if I wrer to grab him it would be no later than the 3rd rd.
Ah, hell, I don't know. Running backs are kind of an afterthought in the NFL right now, and Michael is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, maybe he will last.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love Dimanche. His ability to avoid blockers reminds me of Luke Kuechly and his personality and demeanor speak humility. Plus this is a great story, hard working kid from nowhere goes the extra mile and promotes himself online is rewarded by being drafted by the Seahawks! Speculation: He secretly confides that the Seahawks were his favorite team after seeing all the support he has gotten on Seahawks.net and especially from Pope Bean.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ivotuk":hk0sxcig said:
I love Dimanche. His ability to avoid blockers reminds me of Luke Kuechly and his personality and demeanor speak humility. Plus this is a great story, hard working kid from nowhere goes the extra mile and promotes himself online is rewarded by being drafted by the Seahawks! Speculation: He secretly confides that the Seahawks were his favorite team after seeing all the support he has gotten on Seahawks.net and especially from Pope Bean.
That, and coupled with the fact that he is from my Alma mater, Southern Illinois University. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Thanks Scott.

I'm obviously a big fan of Dimanche too, though I am starting to think that he might be too similar to Chase Thomas (Stanford) for Seattle to consider seriously. Thomas is kind of in Limbo between being a 4-3 OLB, a 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB. He's way too small to be a 4-3 DE in the NFL, he's a little too small to be a 3-4 guy in the NFL, and too slow to be a 4-3 OLB. Dimanche is faster than Thomas, but he presents a similar size conundrum and falls well short of the kind of forty times Seattle typically looks for at LB.

Also, Dimanche is much more of a pass rusher than he is a linebacker. If you want to get the most out of him he'd probably have to play DE or SAM in our defense. I could see him as a LEO, but he's very much underweight for that kind of role and I don't know if he's capable of working himself into the 250-260 range. The closest thing to a fit I could see is SAM, because Seattle wouldn't care about his speed as much there and they'd get excellent use out of his skills behind the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately, we already have Wright, Avril, Bradford, and Toomer at SAM. So it's pretty crowded. I don't think he's fast enough for WILL, even if his short area quickness is awesome.

He's an awesome talent, but finding the right role and spot for him could prove to be a challenge.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Kip, between Dimanche and Simon, we gotta stop liking these 3-4 players.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Or the Hawks could just start appeasing you guys and draft guys like Dimanche and Simon and start using even more 3-4 sets.

Scott, since you hate mock's so much, check out mine that I made about 2 weeks ago. I'm seeing things the way you are right now in terms of who Seattle might pull the trigger on.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=67414

Guys like Dimanche, Taylor, and Charles have those unique traits that the Hawks seem to like. Plus, they have tons of upside and potential and you know that the Hawks trust their coaching staff to get the most out of guys. That's what makes their apparent love of Quinton Patton so interesting. I love his reliability, ability to consistently get open, and make big plays after the catch, but physically he doesn't seem like the unique, rare talent that they seem to covet. I'm thinking they possibly view him as Russell Wilson's own Greg Jennings.

With Long off the board, whose your guy now in the 2nd round?