My Dream Yet Almost Possibly Realistic Mock Draft

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawks trade their 2nd Round pick (56 overall) + 7th Round pick (231) to New Orleans Saints for their 2013 #75 overall + 2014 3rd Rounder.

Seahawks then trade 3rd Round pick (87th overall) to Minnesota for their 4th Round picks (102nd + 120th overall).

Seahawks still have 10 draft picks:
75th, 102nd, 120th, 123rd, 138th, 158th, 194th, 220th, 241st, 242nd

3- 75th: OT, Jordan Mills, 6’5, 316
4- 102nd: OT, David Quessenberry, 6’5, 302

Grab either or with the first two selections but get both.
In my opinion, Offensive Line is the Seahawks biggest weakness especially the depth at Tackle. Both players possess most of the qualities Cable covets in his linemen including versatility to play all over the line plus a competitive, nasty demeanor. By drafting and developing a couple of players this year, Seahawks will save time, money, and limit growing pains in the future.

4- 120th: TE/WR, Jordan Reed, 6’2, 235
5- 138th: FB/TE, Kyle Jusczcyk, 6’3, 245

At first, I wasn’t high on Reed to be a Seahawk because I think he lacks the size and blocking ability that our TEs need to be consistent factors in our offense. But he has great value as a Joker TE that can line up as a big WR creating mismatches thus upgrading our Red Zone offense in the now while developing his strength and blocking fundamentals to serviceable NFL standards.

Skipping ahead to the 5th Round a bit, we complement Reed with Jusczcyk who is a solid WR in his own right but a player who is also more capable of being a tenacious lead and in-line blocker.

If the Seahawks pull it off we can easily go 5 RBs, 5 WRs, 3 TEs with player versatility giving us 6 RBs (w/ Harvin), 6 WRs (w/ Reed), and 4 TEs (w/ Jusczcyk).

Also, by drafting the likes of Mills, Quessenberry, and Jusczcyk, Seahawks will save 7-8 million in 2014 by replacing McQuistan, Giacomini, and Robinson based on their collective 2013 salaries.

4- 123rd: DT, Jordan Hill, 6’1, 305
5- 158th: DT, Stefan Charles, 6’4, 320

Seahawks need depth on the line and more competition to secure the starting 3 tech position. Hill, in my opinion, is a similar player to Brandon Mebane coming out Cal. And Charles a player whom others have convinced me he would be a good fit and whose size and athleticism is comparable to Red Bryant. Players the Seahawks should be looking to cut or ask to restructure after this season if the right players are in place to take over.

6- 194th: RB, Kerwynn Williams, 5-8, 195
I know a lot of people have hopped aboard the Christian Michael train but I still like Williams, he’s much stronger than his size would indicate, tough as nails, and a great fit for this system. Like I said in a prior mock Williams to me is Justin Forsett meets Leon Washington and he should have similar impact in the return game.

I concede the 7th round.

SDHawk

Reaction score
We can pretty much achieve the same thing by trading #56 to the Bucs for #73 and #112

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
SDHawk":3me3oubv said:
We can pretty much achieve the same thing by trading #56 to the Bucs for #73 and #112

True, the Bucs have been my favorite for a Seahawks trade down partner all off-season long, but after trading their 1st rounder for Revis I doubt they'd want to lose more draft picks to trade up.

However, the central idea of the trade is to recoup the 3rd Rounder lost in the Harvin trade.

Latest posts