Luis Suarez

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: Luis Suarez
Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:52 pm
  • Barcary Lasagne #SuarezFootballerMenu
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Suarez......God dammit...

Inexcusable. What a twat. He's an amazing footballer, but he's mental.

So much being said on this, and from a lot of Liverpool fans considering selling him because of his disgraceful behavior.

That would be a shame. United didn't sell Cantona or Keane, they embraced the madness supported them through bans and won titles with them.

I hope Liverpool FC doesn't cave into simplistic nonsense whining from the multitudes who think this something more than a sport.

Ban him, fine him and play him 90 (or 96) minutes when he comes back. But please don't sell him. Not for being a lunatic atleast.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:03 pm
  • Oh, I'm not calling for Liverpool to sell him, but he's still a twat. I'd like to see them bring in a shrink to help him sort himself out.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm
  • toadie_uk wrote:In other news... Mike Tyson followed him on Twitter after the incident there's some good dark humour out there

I heard Mike Tyson got a Suarez tattoo.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 am
  • 10 games. Silly.

I really hate the FA.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:03 am
  • Liverpool is better off selling him, too big of a headache.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 am
  • MANUNITED23 wrote:Liverpool is better off selling him, too big of a headache.

INCORRECT. They have a lot invested in him and he's a wonderful footballer. His value would be very low right now anyway. Better to try to correct his issues and help him work out his problems so that he can focus on the football. Would you have wanted Ushited to sell Cantona after the dragon kick? Or Rooney after any of his incidents? Everything is relative. 10 matches for this is silly. They (the FA) are basically saying that biting is worse than racism. 5 matches would have been enough.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:11 am
  • Perhaps but does he want to stay, really? I'm not really sure about that. Of course if he gets his head straight then there is no reason to sell him. He is a great player but no player is bigger than a team.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:15 am
  • MANUNITED23 wrote:Perhaps but does he want to stay, really? I'm not really sure about that. Of course if he gets his head straight then there is no reason to sell him. He is a great player but no player is bigger than a team.

You're right, no player is bigger than the team, but Suarez has owned this and is obviously ashamed of himself. Liverpool have more to gain by trying to help him with his issues than they do by selling him at this point. He's absolutely a one-of-a-kind player, and you don't cash in your chips on someone like that because of a few incidents.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:27 am
  • Well, I guess so but does he really want/can change? I hope he does since he is a heck of a player. In my personal experience people don't change much if at all.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:29 am
  • Its funny how we see things when someone we like or admire does something as opposed to someone we don't like or know.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Its funny how we see things when someone we like or admire does something as opposed to someone we don't like or know.

Well DUH, and don't act like you don't do the EXACT SAME THING.

:thirishdrinkers:
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Its funny how we see things when someone we like or admire does something as opposed to someone we don't like or know.

What does that even mean? Were you in a furor when Defoe bit Macherano a few years back? No, you didn't even know about it.

Plain and simple hypocrisy. Borderline racism. The FA should be ashamed.

Suarez actions were ridiculous. 10 games is shameful
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:Its funny how we see things when someone we like or admire does something as opposed to someone we don't like or know.

What does that even mean? Were you in a furor when Defoe bit Macherano a few years back? No, you didn't even know about it.

Plain and simple hypocrisy. Borderline racism. The FA should be ashamed.

Suarez actions were ridiculous. 10 games is shameful

True bill.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 am
  • Pants on head retarded. I hope he appeals.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 am
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:Pants on head retarded. I hope he appeals.

It will be up to the club, and really come down to how the British media are handling it this week.

Honestly its such an absurd suspension that ican actually see criticism for the FA emerging... but I won't hold my breath
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 am

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm
  • He got 8 games for the first time he bit someone (a sentence I never thought i'd type) so the FA had their hands tied a bit, it had to go up from there for a second offence surely? I agree with your annoyance that racism bans were less than this, but the fact that he's had both says to me he deserves whatevers coming to him.
    Seahawk from across the pond! Undersized CB for the Leeds Celtics
    toadie_uk
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 pm
  • Hahaha, can any of you be complaining about the ten game ban, it's perfectly justified.

Defoe was booked, anyone that knows FA policy realises they cannot retrospectively take action if the referee has already dealt with it
    Storts
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Storts wrote:Hahaha, can any of you be complaining about the ten game ban, it's perfectly justified.

Defoe was booked, anyone that knows FA policy realises they cannot retrospectively take action if the referee has already dealt with it

Stop talking shit. The FA was within their power to do something about the Defoe incident and didn't. It's a blatant witch hunt, and the punishment is being dealt to the man and not the crime here.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Storts wrote:Hahaha, can any of you be complaining about the ten game ban, it's perfectly justified.

Stop talking shit. The FA was within their power to do something about the Defoe incident and didn't. It's a blatant witch hunt, and the punishment is being dealt to the man and not the crime here.

You're the one 'talking shit' as usual when it comes to issues on Suarez. Show me the precedent for the FA charging people if already dealt with by the referee.

:D You're not even a scouser and you've bought into their everyone's against us mindset. Ten games is perfectly reasonable for someone that has biting previous at their former club plus a serious misdemeanour already whilst in the country. There is no 'witch-hunt' simply one player that has a lot of issues. You telling me what the english Joey Barton did to get a 12 game ban was worse than Suarez?
    Storts
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm
  • Storts wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Storts wrote:Hahaha, can any of you be complaining about the ten game ban, it's perfectly justified.

You're the one 'talking shit' as usual when it comes to issues on Suarez. Show me the precedent for the FA charging people if already dealt with by the referee.

:D You're not even a scouser and you've bought into their everyone's against us mindset. Ten games is perfectly reasonable for someone that has biting previous at their former club plus a serious misdemeanour already whilst in the country. There is no 'witch-hunt' simply one player that has a lot of issues. You telling me what the english Joey Barton did to get a 12 game ban was worse than Suarez?

the 12 game ban was for multiple incidents in the same match. The ref didn't see Defoe's bite, otherwise he'd have caught a red card for it. Instead, he was booked for the challenge. the FA could have instituted an additional ban, but didn't. Suarez is ACCUSED of racist remarks, and confesses to using the word 'negrito', which is a common slang in South America, but the literal translation has racist connotations in English-speaking countries. he was given an 8-match ban for owning up to it. Terry is clearly seen on camera calling Anton Ferdinand a "Black c**t", and is given a 3 match ban. Open your eyes.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:41 pm
  • That's complete and utter rubbish. Defoe was fouled by Mascherano, and was booked for the aftermath with the ref standing right over the incident. As seen in the video below. Again show me the precedence for the FA undermining our referee's authority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzXBSvngRR0

Suarez WAS racist. There isn't an accused about it, he was punished accordingly. I agree the Terry decision was a disgrace, think it was a 4 game ban but either way that wasn't enough.
    Storts
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:48 pm
  • Storts wrote:That's complete and utter rubbish. Defoe was fouled by Mascherano, and was booked for the aftermath with the ref standing right over the incident. As seen in the video below. Again show me the precedence for the FA undermining our referee's authority.

Suarez WAS racist. There isn't an accused about it, he was punished accordingly. I agree the Terry decision was a disgrace, think it was a 4 game ban but either way that wasn't enough.

Interesting that both Evra and the review board stated that they did not feel that Suarez was a racist.

And back to defoe, if the ref is a representative of the FA, and he flet that a blatant bite on Mascherano was only worth a booking, then why is the same thing from Suarez worth a 10 match ban? Sort yourself out. It's excessive. 5 games would have been more than enough. a 10 game ban is inconsistent and basically says that a bite is worse than calling someone a "black c**t" on live TV.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Storts wrote:That's complete and utter rubbish. Defoe was fouled by Mascherano, and was booked for the aftermath with the ref standing right over the incident. As seen in the video below. Again show me the precedence for the FA undermining our referee's authority.

Interesting that both Evra and the review board stated that they did not feel that Suarez was a racist.

And back to defoe, if the ref is a representative of the FA, and he flet that a blatant bite on Mascherano was only worth a booking, then why is the same thing from Suarez worth a 10 match ban? Sort yourself out. It's excessive. 5 games would have been more than enough. a 10 game ban is inconsistent and basically says that a bite is worse than calling someone a "black c**t" on live TV.

But they both believed he used racist language in the heat of the moment as he has a problem controlling his actions.

You can't keep changing your argument, it's hard to take you seriously when you just seem to be making up facts to help your arguments. As I said, he had previous where he got a 7 game ban, if he hasn't learnt from that, alongside the ban for racism, there is absolutely no doubt that 10 games is fair.
    Storts
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:54 pm
  • Can't be bothered to carry on with this either as it will just go round and round in circles, we will agree to disagree.
    Storts
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:52 am
  • Storts wrote:Hahaha, can any of you be complaining about the ten game ban, it's perfectly justified.

This is a ridiculous argument from the FA and anyone that falls on it to wind up Liverpool fans shares in their ignorance.

Storts its fair you didn't have time to read either of the FAs reports on Suarez. But don't perpetuate your ignorance on theirs.

The second, and more ridiculous, is the premise that had Suarez simply been given a card at the time he would not have received any more than his red card punishment (second yellow)

Do you really believe the FA would not have acted? I dont. Liverpool fans dont.

Suarez deserved a ban, and a strong one. 10 games is excessive, hypocritical and inconsistent with the FAs actions, ideology rhetoric. To argue that its fair is fine, to back it with the FAs rules shares in their ignorance.

the suspension is given. Liverpool have accepted (which they should have done). time to move on.

like 6-0 moving on
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm
  • Excellent decision by Rodgers to rest Suarez today :)
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:09 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:Excellent decision by Rodgers to rest Suarez today :)

awesome
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information