Who will be the pick at 56?

Reaction score
I'm trying to gauge what will happen by looking at who we have currently at each position and how John and Pete may see the roster as it presently stands. I haven't time to do a whole roster breakdown so i'll say that I believe we're currently weakest (so to speak) in the interior defensive line, linebacker and offensive tackle position.

DT:

At the moment I consider us to have one really good DT in Mebane, one really good DT/DE in Bennett, and then a whole lot of question marks. We have Tony McDaniel and Clint McDonald as depth, Scruggs and Howard as the young guys. Doesn't seem to bad and there is much potential in that group (i'm particularly excited by Scruggs if he is putting on weight to concentrate on DT), but I would not like our chances if one of our top two went down. I'd therefore like to ideally see Sylvester Williams to maximise Bennett's output as a DE or DT spelling others. I understand this is a reach to get him at #56 so I would also consider Brandon Williams and Kawann Short as more realistic options. I'm going to just wildly say Montori Hughes will be available in 3rd round.

LB:

KJ and Bobby - sorted. WLB - by committee? It seems that way at the moment, though there has been talk of using Avril as a SLB and moving KJ to WLB at times. I personally would like to not over complicate matters and keep KJ primarily at the position he's contributed so well for us. Substitutions and the like are great, but I feel we're missing a great base defense WLB. Therefore the obvious choice here would be Khaseeme Greene, who I think may go earlier than a lot of people projected (his production and leadership is so good something just seems weird for him not being projected earlier). Other options if my worry is correct could be Sio Moore, but really at #56 it'd be Greene or nothing for LB.

OT:

I really like Giacomini and Okung was all pro, but if one of them is injured i'm not sure how much confidence i'd have in keeping it all together. Again, I really like McQuistan and think he is almost the glue that bonds our O-Line together, but he's a swiss army knife and not a full OT. Therefore i'd like to maybe get a great OT prospect to begin as backup before taking the reigns from maybe Giacomini next year (being a reliable understudy in the meantime). It looks like Terron Armstead would have been perfect if he hadn't eaten his spinach at the combine. I know there has been a lot of names thrown around for OT here so I can't name anyone specific but maybe Menelik Watson, based only on what i've read from people who know about these things.

Please know that I don't watch much tape at all, I just read a heck of a lot about the draft and am basing this more on the needs I think Seahawks have that would most benefit from our top pick.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
godawg":39tzl21k said:
Terron Arrmstead, Kyle Long, Jesse Williams or Sharif Floyd

I'll go out on a limb and bet Floyd won't be there at 56. :180670:

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1yhvz8d6 said:
Recon_Hawk":1yhvz8d6 said:
Take a guess.

I'm going with Bennie Logan, DT, LSU. An all-around great tackle who flashes dominance against some tough SEC competition. Seems like a Pete and John pick; considered a reach but fits what they're looking for in terms of leadership, work ethic, and upside.

Logan feels redundant to me, and he doesn't have any outstanding distinguishing characteristics. Is he any different or better than Scruggs, Howard, McDonald or McDaniel?

I think it's John Jenkins.

I think so.

Logan's stronger and more stout against the run than Scruggs who is a bit small to be a run-stuffer at the 285 lbs he played last year.

I'm not a big fan of McDonalds long-term. I think he's more a backup NT than 3-tech. Logan is a better pass rusher and his athleticism fits better at 3-tech than McDonalds.

Compared to Howard and McDaniel I can't really say because I haven't seen much of McDaniel and Howard only took a few snaps last year. I do think its fair to say that things don't look good for either of them long-term. McD signed only a one year vet minimum and Scruggs was the said to start over Howard as a replacement for Branch if need be.

Overall, I'd say its the fact Logan is a more well-rounded DT than the other guys that make him an upgrade and that he has a lot of upside left.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
i have them taking either Sio Moore,Malliciah Goodman,Dion Sims, or Jordan Mills with the 56 all seem like seahawk picks to me.

kearly

Reaction score
If Green Bay doesn't take him right in front of Seattle: Christine Michael. I'd keep an eye on Menelik Watson too.

acbass

Reaction score
I would shed tears of joy if we took Lattimore at some point. Every Gamecock around here would instantly become Seahawks fans. Be a lot less lonely here in good ole South Carolina.