Mathieu no-showed a meeting with Seattle

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3bt5smxg said:
two dog":3bt5smxg said:
I dunno, when Peyton Manning left the Seahawk jet sitting on the ground at the Denver airport
and didn't have the common courtesy to even talk to the Seahawk reps.

That's as much a punk move as blowing off a meeting but because he's of royal Manning blood he
doesn't have to answer for his rude and thoughtless behavior.

Not excusing Mathieu, he will be fortunate to have Patrick Peterson to mentor him.
Unfortunately, I don't think it will be enough. His punk goes clear to the bone.

There is a difference between when Manning blew off the Seahawks and what Mathieu did. When that occurred, Manning wasn't looking to be drafted. He had proven himself as a pro football player and was one of the top stars at his position. Mathieu has done diddly in the NFL and is employing this type of attitude. Not even close to being the same thing. The only similarity is both are classless moves. Yet Peyton Manning could walk to pretty much any team and they would have signed him. Mathieu didn't have that leverage at that time he did it.
Manning was still punk-assed and Mathieu is even worse for the reasons you mentioned. Dude ended up in AZ which is what he deserved. He didn't deserve a good organization like SF, Sea, StL, etc.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Manning has no obligation to meet with any team as a Free Agent. If he wanted to meet with the Seahawks he would have. Just because Pete and John were there waiting, it doesn't mean it was mutual.

To compare Manning to Mathieu is a stretch at best.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sammyc521":kyf7il5a said:
Manning has no obligation to meet with any team as a Free Agent. If he wanted to meet with the Seahawks he would have. Just because Pete and John were there waiting, it doesn't mean it was mutual.

To compare Manning to Mathieu is a stretch at best.
You're right to my way of thinking but I still think Peyton's a bitch. Throw that pick when the game's on the line Ace.