The "what I expect to happen" mock draft, final version

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I batted .300 last year and mentioned 60% of the players taken on the blog.

This year I batted just .100 and only mentioned 45% of the players taken on the blog, though I knew of Luke Willson and stupidly didn't mention him. Seattle went waaaay off the radar this year. Reminds me a lot of what they did in 2011.

justafan

Reaction score
Kearly its not important to me if you predict them all right or all wrong. I appreciate all the research you do and share it with us all here.This year i had almost no time to watch or read much about the prospects so it made me appreciate the effort you,Rob and other posters made to share knowledge and opinions.hats off to all the posters who put in the hours and shared ideas.Who is right or wrong is irrelevant to me.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
justafan":3aotggtp said:
Kearly its not important to me if you predict them all right or all wrong. I appreciate all the research you do and share it with us all here.This year i had almost no time to watch or read much about the prospects so it made me appreciate the effort you,Rob and other posters made to share knowledge and opinions.hats off to all the posters who put in the hours and shared ideas.Who is right or wrong is irrelevant to me.

Yep. Cheers fellas!

HawkWow

Reaction score
ASJ is probably my favorite NCAA player. If healthy (and on the field), I think this year will be the year he puts the final touches on his game. If I'm correct, and Price is protected(!) and gives us what he's capable of, I think ASJ will go between 10-15. It would cost us a fortune to move up that high. As much as I'd love to keep him in Seattle, I don't know that with the weapons we currently have, that it would make sense to move up. I do think we will have to address the position in this draft, though.

As an aside; Everyone wants to hate on Jerramy Stevens (and do so with good reason). But I personally think Stevens was better (at UDub) than the great ASJ. Anyone agree or am I totally off base?

On Clowney: Like USC, I used to hate the Raiders. Like USC, I now almost feel sorry for the Raiders. It's no longer fun, or sporting, rooting against them. I am hopeful they have found their QB in Wilson or Flynn so they can grab Clowney. I know Davis would have wanted him. I can't recall a more dominant, disruptive (Raider) since the great John Matuszak.

Thanks for these threads, Kearly. I especially appreciate the film clips (and insight) on players I'm often unfamilar with. Great stuff.

EDIT: I previously posted this in the wrong thread but it belongs in this one. I really am interested in learning whether I am alone in thinking Stevens was the better TE at UDub (and to offer props for Kearly's hard work).

I apologise for my error.