Jets cut Tebow

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Salamander, you're confusing "as-yet-unseen-by-Tebow gimmicks and a lot of luck with a defense that carried the team" with "fact of the matter is". There's no way Tebow could repeat that.

@DTM: Troll.

hidn

Reaction score
Conversation with my brother-in-law about Tebow:

Him: "He's as good as That quarterback for the Rams."
Me: "Sam Bradford?"
Him: "Yeah, he sucks."
Me: "You think, Tebow, the randy johnson throwing style of NFL quarterbacks is better then Sam Bradford?"
Him: "He won a playoff game, has Sam Bradford even made it to the playoffs?"
Me: "Andrew Luck and RG3 haven't won playoff games either, maybe he could start there..."
Me: "If he was even mediocre, don't you think he would be starting for the Jets?"
Him: "Sanchez beat him out for the starting job, the team has to stick with the guy they chose at this point."
Me: "So, he's worse then Sanchez, but better then Sam Bradford?"
Him: "You're missing the point."
Me: "What's the point?"

.. The conversation continued, but I honestly don't remember much of the rest. I was irritated that he was defending Tebow as a quarterback.

The guy IS NOT A QUARTERBACK!

He makes no sense as a backup quarterback because... HE'S NOT A QUARTERBACK! I have more faith in Robinson as our quarterback then Tebow and I've never even seen him play quarterback.

Just one more time, for good measure: HE'S NOT A QUARTERBACK!!!!!!

sturg78

Reaction score
salamander":dncvfxwv said:
The fact of the matter is if Denver could make the playoffs and win a game with him as their QB, he could be the backup to Wilson and win some games for us if necessary. I'm not going to stop just because some folks say he sucks. I agree he's not a starter and I hate him as a starter, but I think he could be an asset. Brady Quinn has never been a winner.

Its not that it is a bad idea, personnel wise, its a bad idea exposure wise. This team we have is good, why risk the media circus for a back up? He needs to start somewhere as he doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant 90% of the team's media coverage to be how awesomely Tebow held a clip board.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sarlacc83":lx6xal96 said:
45 minutes of coverage STRAIGHT on ESPN this morning for a guy who was cut and is one of the worst QBs in the league. I wanted to go to Connecticut and beat some people with a 2x4.

I'll get my car keys. Pick you up in three hours?

Seriously, this guy doesn't have a future as a quarterback. I've toyed with the concept of him as a Seahawk in some bizarre QB/RB/TE hybrid thingy, but it just won't work anymore. Not with the team we've built. Besides, who would you lose to pick him up?

I've heard he's had several offers from teams wanting to convert him to TE and he's turned them down. That'd be a seriously smart decision for him. Plenty of people are looking for TE's, and if you throw in one that can throw the ball at least decently, you've got yourself loaded up for a trick play or two. Hell, I'd see that here before any other combination of stupid people are throwing out there.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1rligmrs said:
Sarlacc83":1rligmrs said:
45 minutes of coverage STRAIGHT on ESPN this morning for a guy who was cut and is one of the worst QBs in the league. I wanted to go to Connecticut and beat some people with a 2x4.

I'll get my car keys. Pick you up in three hours?

Seriously, this guy doesn't have a future as a quarterback. I've toyed with the concept of him as a Seahawk in some bizarre QB/RB/TE hybrid thingy, but it just won't work anymore. Not with the team we've built. Besides, who would you lose to pick him up?

I've heard he's had several offers from teams wanting to convert him to TE and he's turned them down. That'd be a seriously smart decision for him. Plenty of people are looking for TE's, and if you throw in one that can throw the ball at least decently, you've got yourself loaded up for a trick play or two. Hell, I'd see that here before any other combination of stupid people are throwing out there.

His refusal to convert to TE, FB, or any less glamorous position is funny because it's demonstrative of pride, the deadly sin which falls in direct opposition to a core Christian tenet - humility. The guy is a selfish hypocrite, a terrible football player, and a complete side show. I hope he stays the hell away from the Seahawks, no matter what position he ends up playing.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
BASF":3p0k3o82 said:
He can be a QB in the CFL I'm sure.

And I think that would be best for him. Go up to Montreal, stay in the same system for a few years out of the media spotlight, concentrate on his throwing motion and his footwork and try to rehabilitate his career the way Doug Flutie did after his first attempt in the NFL with the Bears didn't work out.

He is not a quarterback now, but I think he could become a decent one if he puts in a few years' work. That's not going to happen in the NFL, but it could happen north of the border.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I am ecstatic when i see national coverage of the Hawks, but if we picked him up it's all people would talk about.
This will hopefully be my last post about Tebow.

I don't want to hear how he could help with the read-option. We don't run a read option offense. It's a change up.

I don't want to hear how he won a playoff game. He led a drive in overtime.

I don't want to hear about other teams having to "game plan" for him. I want Wilson on the field, and only Wilson on the field as a QB.

This is the NFL. Not Madden.

I don't want to hear about Tebow, especially because Skip Bayless thinks it's a good idea.

Basis4day

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":98afauvx said:
Basis4day":98afauvx said:
This is the NFL. Not Madden.

You sure? Some organizations, like the Jets, sure make it look like Madden.

They got Idzick, so hopefully not for long.

Side note: Seahawks will dominate Madden this year.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Both Golden Tate and Sidney Rice are more mobile, and they both have a better arm.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think he would be a great fit in the Canadian Football league. He is just not an NFL quarterback.

sprhawk

Reaction score
I think it is time for Tebow to come out of the closet too. He might be Mr. do right but dude looks like a silly boy and he has the skills to go with it. Churches sure do know how to turn em out.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ruh6xbk said:

I would've joined in on that beating.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
sprhawk":1whd89k7 said:
I think it is time for Tebow to come out of the closet too. He might be Mr. do right but dude looks like a silly boy and he has the skills to go with it. Churches sure do know how to turn em out.

He can come out as the NFL's first asexual player. Ain't nobody in their right mind turned down as much hot cheerleader and chorus girl ass as he has.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":180nkflz said:
Is "Buttfumble" a legitimate offensive play in Madden yet?

How amazing would it be if they added a defensive play call named that, where you could try to cause a butt fumble? Hahaha.