John Schneider on Tim Tebow interest...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Spokane, are you related to Tebow or something? This is the second thread I have seen you go all "One Man Tebow Army" with these asinine statements and arguments about Tebow. I'm tempted to say "give it up" but its pretty funny, so keep on fighting the good fight dude!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":nb8udt5w said:
Spokane, are you related to Tebow or something? This is the second thread I have seen you go all "One Man Tebow Army" with these asinine statements and arguments about Tebow. I'm tempted to say "give it up" but its pretty funny, so keep on fighting the good fight dude!

isn't he the one that once said the earth didn't rotate?

vedthree

Reaction score
Spokane":3pv8hjyp said:
lol. You pick one article and call it good. The facts are the facts, they called and offered picks. Trust me the media hates that guy and would not give him the respect of a team offering picks for him, unless they have to. They say the truth and then make backward lies.

The hawks called and offered picks for Tim (the hawks are not going to call on a trade and ask for him for free...DUH, of course they offered picks)

1.) The report says we "inquired" about Tebow, not that we "offered picks"
2.) NEWS FLASH: John Schnieder "inquires" about players all the time -it's his job. That's what any good GM does: keep track of which players might be available and what the price will be. I'm sure Schnieder probably "inquired" about every other guy on the Jets' roster while he had Izdik on the phone.
3.) Various reports say that the Jets were letting Tebow & his agent shop themselves the past couple weeks. Everyone knew he was going to be cut this offseason. They didn't cut him until after the draft. Connect the dots ... that means the Jets were looking to get anything for him, even if it was a conditional 7th rounder, and no team (including the 'Hawks) would give up even that insignificant a pick.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Think it's safe to say we've all heard more than enough about this.

/thread.

Spokane

Reaction score
My whole point was that PC/JS would not call the Jets unless they were willing to trade picks for your boy Tebow!!!

Can you get that? Does that register for you?

Hey ask yourself this....did you play football? Yeah well did PC give you call this year and say "Whats it going to take to get you in here"? Please. They only call on the players they want.

edited by radish for language attacking poster

**Sorry for attacking in this thread and others! I am working with a new shrink, it will get better.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Throwdown":243v7ign said:
Missing_Clink":243v7ign said:
Technically, according to Einstein, if you pick the Earth as your frame of reference, the Earth doesn't spin and all the universe is spinning around it. it's called Relativity. The universe is spinning, relative to the earth. His example was even that if you're in an elevator, the elevator doesn't go up, the whole universe goes down, relative to you.

So yes, technically, the earth isn't spinning, relative to the rest of the universe.

Spokane

Reaction score
The earth is not spinning, but lets not get me kicked out of another fourm :)

Back to Tebew... (its funny when Tebow is the safe subject)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If it werent for all the crazy Tebow fans and the insane media coverage I would rather have him then Portis, Johnson or Quinn. But when those things come with it i'll stick with our no talent backups rather then bringing in a no talent backup who brings a circus.

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":o57shja8 said:
The earth is not spinning, but lets not get me kicked out of another fourm :)

Back to Tebew... (its funny when Tebow is the safe subject)

If it is, you should try that.

CANHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":19oy6jsx said:
If it werent for all the crazy Tebow fans and the insane media coverage I would rather have him then Portis, Johnson or Quinn. But when those things come with it i'll stick with our no talent backups rather then bringing in a no talent backup who brings a circus.

This is where I'm at with Tebow. He's not as horrible as people make him out to be, and he'd certainly be a better option as a back up QB than Curtis Painter, Jordan Palmer or any one of the jagoffs the Cardinals rolled out last year, but the distraction that "Tebowmania" brings is just not worth it. If you took the exact same guy with the same skills and named him "Dave Jones" or something, I'd be all for bringing him in as the 3rd QB, but Tim Tebow can stay the hell away from my football team.

Spokane

Reaction score
Sac, I know I have worked you over a couple times, but the time to attack was then not now.
I look at all topics from all sides, and then I pick the best side and run with it. The Judgers will judge me...and I don't give a rip!

Throwdown

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":hmuswpgu said:
Throwdown":hmuswpgu said:
Missing_Clink":hmuswpgu said:
Technically, according to Einstein, if you pick the Earth as your frame of reference, the Earth doesn't spin and all the universe is spinning around it. it's called Relativity. The universe is spinning, relative to the earth. His example was even that if you're in an elevator, the elevator doesn't go up, the whole universe goes down, relative to you.

So yes, technically, the earth isn't spinning, relative to the rest of the universe.

Oh good god! just agree with me once!

Spokane

Reaction score
CANHawk":321ebx8g said:
JSeahawks":321ebx8g said:

This is where I'm at with Tebow. He's not as horrible as people make him out to be, and he'd certainly be a better option as a back up QB than Curtis Painter, Jordan Palmer or any one of the jagoffs the Cardinals rolled out last year, but the distraction that "Tebowmania" brings is just not worth it. If you took the exact same guy with the same skills and named him "Dave Jones" or something, I'd be all for bringing him in as the 3rd QB, but Tim Tebow can stay the hell away from my football team.

Answer this question....How many NFL games can you or anyone else say were lost due to a player's off the field distractions?
What game can you say TO cost his team? How about CHAD#8? None, the distraction myth is caused to create drama/a problem where there is not one. The Circus myth is created by media for the media...who the freak is showing up? The Media, and then they complain about it. It goes to show you how far you have to push the truth to make it a lie.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Spokane":2f6urlsg said:
My whole point was that PC/JS would not call the Jets unless they were willing to trade picks for your boy Tebow!!!

Hey ask yourself this....did you play football? Yeah well did PC give you call this year and say "Whats it going to take to get you in here"? Please. They only call on the players they want.

Its time to grow up and deal with that your team wanted a player you didn't...who cares.

All that is available is that they inquired about the cost of Tebow in a trade, not that they offered those picks. You are making an incorrect inference that if a team checks the price of an item, that they automatically offer to pay a certain amount.

There is a HUGE difference between these two questions:

1. How much would it cost to trade for Tebow?
2. We will give you a 7th Rd Pick for Tebow, do you agree?

So again, would you please post source wherein they pose a similar question number 2?

What PC and JS WANT is a player's value. They were checking a players value, no more no less. They did not want Tebow. They wanted to know his value. And yes, they will unearth every stone for value, even posters on this site if they can perform in some aspect of football better than the value of somone on their current roster.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":26xd6wqv said:
The Tebow FB talk is funny. Who says he can play FB...? No NFL team is going to take that chance.

The reality is, he's not an NFL player. There are tons of examples of guys who were studs in college and didn't pan out in the NFL.

+1, Tebow is one of the worst players I've ever seen. The fact he get's so much love is beyond me. Trent Dilfer looks like an pro-bowler compared to TT.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Throwdown":v942q6be said:
SalishHawkFan":v942q6be said:
Throwdown":v942q6be said:
I believe Spokane is off his rocker, isn't he the one that once said the earth didn't rotate?

Oh good god! just agree with me once!
ROFLMAO!!! Sorry dude, I couldn't resist.