Give me a scouting report on your favorite college team.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Now that the draft is over we get to go back to my favorite part of this forum, talking about college football. So, give me the 2013 scouting report of your favorite college team. I always like to learn more about college football, especially pac 12 teams.

Give me:

Reasons for Optimism
Reasons for Concern
3 break out players
2 true freshman who will contribute
The Bottomline, How good will you be?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
For me, i'm a Duck fan obviously.

Reason for optimism:

I expect this to be the best offense that the Ducks have ever put on the field. Running game and passing game should both be dominant. Also have a ton of talent returning on the d'line and in the secondary. I expect both Mariota and DAT to be in Heisman trophy consideration.

Reasons for Concern:

I'm a little bit concerned going from Chip Kelly to Mark Helfrich. I think Helfrich can handle the x's and o's no problem. I think he'll actually be a step up in recruiting since Chip was not very aggressive and wasnt really interested in it. But Chip Kelly brought a definite swagger and a singular focus to be great, i'm hoping that Helfrich can keep that in tact, but we'll see.

Also i'm a little bit worried about the run defense. The D should be great when playing with the lead but losing Kiko Alonso and Michael Clay left a huge gaping hole in the run defense. The replacements have the ability but have not yet had the experience.

Lastly, the back up QB position. If Mariota goes down we don't have anybody who's ever taken a snap. I know the Ducks have high hopes for Jake Rodriguez and he looked pretty good in the spring game yesterday, but very unproven.

3 breakout players:

1. Boseko Lokombo: He's already been starting at OLB the last few years, but he's definatly been in the shadow of Clay, Alonzo and Jordan. I expect him to be the star of the defense this year and possibly play his way into the 2nd round of next years draft.

2. Byron Marshall: I expect a 3 headed monster at RB with Marshall, Tyner and DAT. Marshall played as a true freshman last year mostly in mop up duties. This year at least at the start of the season i expect him to get the bulk of the carries. He's bigger then Lamichael James or Kenjon Barner but still has the top end speed you'd expect from an Oregon rb. Reminds me of Maurice Morris when he was a Duck.

3. Bralon Addison: Had 22 catches and 3 TD's as a true freshman. I expect him to be a big time play maker this year. He'll probably take over a lot of DAT's duties with De'Anthony focusing more on playing rb.

Two Freshman who will contribute:

1. Thomas Tyner: Freakish size/speed ratio. He's already faster then Lamichael or Barner and is 30 pounds heavier. I truely believe he has Adrian Peterson, Bo Jackson, Herschal Walker type potential in our system. If they were to build the perfect running back for the Oregon system it would be Tyner.

2. Terrodney Prevot: He's a Bruce Irvin clone. I don't expect him to start right away but he will see time as a pass rusher and eventually take over the Dion Jordan role.

The Bottom Line:

As a fan i've seen my Seahawks, Ducks and Blazers all make it to the title game or championship series and lose. I've never experienced a championship. Between the Seahawks and the Ducks this year i feel like i have a legit chance to win 2 although the game at Stanford concerns me quite a bit. At the very least I expect a 5th straight BCS bowl game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm bored so what the hell, mine probably won't be that good

Reason for optimism:

Offense is going uptempo, should help the offensive line out doing this, and of course Bishop Sankey.

Defense is in its 2nd year under Wilcox, I feel good about that.

Reasons for Concern:

Keith Price ends up showing last year wasn't a fluke, hopefully having Cyler Miles will push him in his senior season.

3 breakout players:

1. Travis Feeney, Dudes probably my favorite player on the defense, kind of unsung in the shadow of Shaq Thompson and if you can call it a shadow by John Timu.

2. Kasen Williams, I know he does work, but I kind of expected more out of him, i think this uptempto style will help him out a lot.

3. Jaydon Mickens, I think with the uptempo style he's going to flourish with his style.

Two Freshman who will contribute:

1. Joe Mathis, DE, I expect he'll get his chance, dude bring a nasty streak with him to UW, which I think they could use some more of, for realz

2. Damor'ea Stringfellow, WR, #6 recruit in the nation, you have to expect him to contribute right away, right?

The Bottom Line:

More of the same due to schedule, I don't think the talent level is elite enough to handle it, also with WSU you expect some improvement over last year, another 7-5 team with a Bowl Game.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Travis Feeney is one of those dudes who if he were on my team i'm sure I would absolutely love. But watching him as an opponent I absolutely hate him. I feel like he and Danny Shelton are dirty players and straight up thugs on the field. (again, if he were on my team I would love him though).

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3nf8sftl said:
Travis Feeney is one of those dudes who if he were on my team i'm sure I would absolutely love. But watching him as an opponent I absolutely hate him. I feel like he and Danny Shelton are dirty players and straight up thugs on the field. (again, if he were on my team I would love him though).

Honestly and I'm not saying it because he's on my team, but I don't notice anyone with dirty play (The same probably applies towards any other Pac-12 team), I just see a dude out there smackin' cats. You're probably right though lol.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
XFOGUFVMXBKRFUA20120922234115 zpsbd237cfb
Miami Hurricanes

Reasons for Optimism
Head Coach Al Golden, NCAA investigation finally concluding with no major sanctions likely to come, schedule, OFFENSE

Reasons for Concern
Defense, Defense, Defense. Not only is the talent on this side of the ball a fraction of what it is on offense it is also very young and inexperienced. The defense was terrible last year and likely won't improve much, especially with some key contributors being kicked off the team for various indiscretions.

Three Break Out Players
QB: Stephen Morris 6'2" 220 - Fantastic in his first year as a full time starter. Broke several historic team records belonging to the likes of Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde. Still someone scatter shot in his delivery but improving. A strong armed mobile guy who prefers to stay in the pocket and deliver the ball at the last possible second rather than take off. Great leader. Needs work on pre-snap reads. Will be interesting to see how Jed Fisch's departure to Jags will effect him. They had great rapport. (Seahawk fans know Fisch from his days as a QB coach here and he was a terrific OC for Miami.)

RB: Duke Johnson 5'10" 195 - Percy Harvin at the RB position. A serious contender for the Heisman after several monster games as a Freshman. Will likely lead the NCAA in all purpose yardage as he returns punts, kickoffs, runs and is a superb receiver. Speed, acceleration, and agility are ELITE. Ultra competitive yet still coachable and humble. Does not avoid contact and runs with more power than one might expect from a man of his build. Will likely be the feature back this year after sharing carries with Mike James last year. A future top 5 NFL draft pick IF he can stay healthy. If the Hurricanes are to return to a football power it will start with this player.

DE: Anthony Chickillo 6'4" 270 - 5 Star recruit two years ago who is still yet to make the impact many Hurricane fans had hoped. Relentless competitor with good motor that still needs to work on his endurance. Only 4 sacks last year after 5 as a true freshman. Still refining his technique. Good read and react and closing speed. Production is severely impinged by a lack of talent across the defensive line. Teams can double Chickillo with impunity since there is no one else on the DL to make them pay. The emergence of some young DTs and better bookend candidates should free up Chick a bit more this year. Expect 8 sacks minimum in 2013.

Two true Freshman to watch

MLB: Alex Figueroa 6'3" 230 - Remember the name. Has drawn Ray Lewis comparisons in Spring. Likely to claim starting spot as true freshman.

DE: Al-Quadin Muhammed 6'3" 240 - Four star recruit, likely rotational DE. If Chickillo is to emerge as a force it will be because talented guys like this freed him from the constant double teams he faced last year.

How good will the Hurricanes be?
People love to hate Miami and many college football fans relish The U's recent mediocrity. Much of Miami's systemic issues were due to the lazy leadership of Randy Shannon, whom seemed to think that Miami's brand was enough to score recruits and win games. The Nevin Shapiro scandal, the NCAA investigation, the self-imposed sanctions like bowl bans and a reduction in scholarships, along with the post-Shannon roster purge that saw players like Teddy Bridgewater leave the program - all seem to auger the demise of a once proud and dominant school. But, I have bad news for the haters: Miami is on the way back. The U's reemergence as a power is due to the inspired leadership of head coach Al Golden. When he accepted the job three years ago I doubt he could envision the turmoil he inherited. Yet, despite numerous setbacks he decided to stay and persevere, turning down several other head coaching opportunities at cleaner programs along the way. Miami's offense is elite and will likely average around 40 ppg this year. Unfortunately the defense is horrible and probably got worse in the offseason after losing several expected starters to disciplinary dismissal or transfer. Nevertheless, with a powder-puff schedule and a lot of roster turnover in the ACC, Miami will likely finish 10-2 or better in 2013 with a good shot at a BCS bowl.

Miami will never return to what it was. Too many programs pilfer Miami's backyard for talent. It's facilities are below par and the gameday experience is terrible compared to the top schools. Still, The U is not done playing for national championships. Expect the school to be in the hunt in 2014.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
USC is best summed up this way..

Reasons for concern: Lane Kiffin

aawolf

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1cbhnmbp said:
XFOGUFVMXBKRFUA20120922234115 zpsbd237cfb
Miami Hurricanes

Reasons for Optimism
Head Coach Al Golden, NCAA investigation finally concluding with no major sanctions likely to come, schedule, OFFENSE

Reasons for Concern
Defense, Defense, Defense. Not only is the talent on this side of the ball a fraction of what it is on offense it is also very young and inexperienced. The defense was terrible last year and likely won't improve much, especially with some key contributors being kicked off the team for various indiscretions.

Three Break Out Players
QB: Stephen Morris 6'2" 220 - Fantastic in his first year as a full time starter. Broke several historic team records belonging to the likes of Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde. Still someone scatter shot in his delivery but improving. A strong armed mobile guy who prefers to stay in the pocket and deliver the ball at the last possible second rather than take off. Great leader. Needs work on pre-snap reads. Will be interesting to see how Jed Fisch's departure to Jags will effect him. They had great rapport. (Seahawk fans know Fisch from his days as a QB coach here and he was a terrific OC for Miami.)

RB: Duke Johnson 5'10" 195 - Percy Harvin at the RB position. A serious contender for the Heisman after several monster games as a Freshman. Will likely lead the NCAA in all purpose yardage as he returns punts, kickoffs, runs and is a superb receiver. Speed, acceleration, and agility are ELITE. Ultra competitive yet still coachable and humble. Does not avoid contact and runs with more power than one might expect from a man of his build. Will likely be the feature back this year after sharing carries with Mike James last year. A future top 5 NFL draft pick IF he can stay healthy. If the Hurricanes are to return to a football power it will start with this player.

DE: Anthony Chickillo 6'4" 270 - 5 Star recruit two years ago who is still yet to make the impact many Hurricane fans had hoped. Relentless competitor with good motor that still needs to work on his endurance. Only 4 sacks last year after 5 as a true freshman. Still refining his technique. Good read and react and closing speed. Production is severely impinged by a lack of talent across the defensive line. Teams can double Chickillo with impunity since there is no one else on the DL to make them pay. The emergence of some young DTs and better bookend candidates should free up Chick a bit more this year. Expect 8 sacks minimum in 2013.

Two true Freshman to watch

MLB: Alex Figueroa 6'3" 230 - Remember the name. Has drawn Ray Lewis comparisons in Spring. Likely to claim starting spot as true freshman.

DE: Al-Quadin Muhammed 6'3" 240 - Four star recruit, likely rotational DE. If Chickillo is to emerge as a force it will be because talented guys like this freed him from the constant double teams he faced last year.

How good will the Hurricanes be?
People love to hate Miami and many college football fans relish The U's recent mediocrity. Much of Miami's systemic issues were due to the lazy leadership of Randy Shannon, whom seemed to think that Miami's brand was enough to score recruits and win games. The Nevin Shapiro scandal, the NCAA investigation, the self-imposed sanctions like bowl bans and a reduction in scholarships, along with the post-Shannon roster purge that saw players like Teddy Bridgewater leave the program - all seem to auger the demise of a once proud and dominant school. But, I have bad news for the haters: Miami is on the way back. The U's reemergence as a power is due to the inspired leadership of head coach Al Golden. When he accepted the job three years ago I doubt he could envision the turmoil he inherited. Yet, despite numerous setbacks he decided to stay and persevere, turning down several other head coaching opportunities at cleaner programs along the way. Miami's offense is elite and will likely average around 40 ppg this year. Unfortunately the defense is horrible and probably got worse in the offseason after losing several expected starters to disciplinary dismissal or transfer. Nevertheless, with a powder-puff schedule and a lot of roster turnover in the ACC, Miami will likely finish 10-2 or better in 2013 with a good shot at a BCS bowl.

Miami will never return to what it was. Too many programs pilfer Miami's backyard for talent. It's facilities are below par and the gameday experience is terrible compared to the top schools. Still, The U is not done playing for national championships. Expect the school to be in the hunt in 2014.

I thought it was weird to look up teams after the draft and see that the U only had 3 players selected in the draft. When was the last time that happened? Are you concerned you're not getting the players you used to?

sc85sis

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3j6311ls said:
Now that the draft is over we get to go back to my favorite part of this forum, talking about college football. So, give me the 2013 scouting report of your favorite college team. I always like to learn more about college football, especially pac 12 teams.

Give me:

Reasons for Optimism
Reasons for Concern
3 break out players

USC TROJANS

Reasons for optimism: Marqise Lee and Nelson Agholor, additional options at RB, new defensive scheme.

Reasons for concern: New defensive scheme, new QB, questions about the CBs.

3 break out players: Nelson Agholor shows signs of being another fantastic WR but has been overshadowed by Woods and Lee. Hopefully he breaks out big this year. Lamar Dawson at MLB showed signs of living up to his potential this spring. And we're all hoping that Devon Kennard can finally be the DE we all thought he'd be; a combo of injuries and position changes that were necessitated by team needs have kept him from really breaking out up to now.

2 true freshman who will contribute: This recruiting class was small but very high quality. We could see several freshman contribute, but as of right now it looks like Su'a Cravens (S) and Justin Davis (RB) both appear to be guys who could actually start.

After a very disappointing 2012--particularly on the defensive side of the ball--Monte Kiffin "resigned" and we hired Cal's DC. He's instituting a 5-2 defense that is said to be much more aggressive than Monte's was. That could be both good and bad. The biggest concern is our cornerbacks. We are very thin there, and the one guy we could definitely count on in coverage left a year early for the draft (Nickell Robey). CBs are a big question mark going into the fall. We have new DB and linebacker coaches this year as well. If we can shore up the cornerback spot, things might improve a lot. If not, it could get ugly.

As for the offense, we lost Robert Woods, Matt Barkley and C Khaled Holmes. WR Nelson Agholor looks to be really good based on practices and the limited play time he's received up to now. On paper he should be able to fill in quite nicely, but we'll have to wait and see what happens when he actually starts. QB is a big question mark with the departure of Matt Barkley. Right now it looks as if Max Wittek or Cody Kessler will likely start, with Max Browne red shirting. It's too soon to say for certain though. Wittek has the stronger arm. Kessler has better touch. This competition is pretty much dead even between the two going into fall. As of now, Marcus Martin is the likely starter at C. After some early snap exchange problems in spring practice, he seemed to settle in nicely.

Bottom Line: It's a bit of a crap shoot as to how things will turn out. We've gone back to tackling more in practices. That's improved the D play, but it's also led to more injuries in spring ball. It's going to be a balancing act to get the tackling practice we need without killing the depth that is thin due to the NCAA and their over-the-top sanctions.

Fight On!

Edited to add: During spring ball, Clay Helton shared playcalling duties with Kiff. Though Clay is a bit of an unknown as a playcaller, we're all hoping that continues so that Lane can focus better on overall team needs and get his face out of the Denny's menu on game days.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
aawolf":2psobr93 said:
I thought it was weird to look up teams after the draft and see that the U only had 3 players selected in the draft. When was the last time that happened? Are you concerned you're not getting the players you used to?
Concerned is the wrong word. I'm terrified. On the other hand Golden has had some nice recruiting classes considering the NCAA cloud hanging over the university.

But the real issue is that the rich South Florida pipeline is feeding programs as far away as Oregon, along with several other national powerhouses. Miami used to get the pick of the litter of those players and 70% of its roster was comprised of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach county kids. It was no wonder it was dominant in those days. Now we get the scraps after FSU, UF, Georgia et al pick that area clean. It's changing back though. After the Shannon malaise Golden immediately started to reestablish relationships with High School coaches throughout the region. There is still a ton of work to do but if we can get even a quarter of South Florida's best high school players again we'll return to a national power.

Sac

Reaction score
Sac State Hornets

Slow and undersized. Definitely not a lot of players worth a look as an UDFA.

aawolf

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3tz8oi0k said:
aawolf":3tz8oi0k said:
Concerned is the wrong word. I'm terrified. On the other hand Golden has had some nice recruiting classes considering the NCAA cloud hanging over the university.

But the real issue is that the rich South Florida pipeline is feeding programs as far away as Oregon, along with several other national powerhouses. Miami used to get the pick of the litter of those players and 70% of its roster was comprised of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach county kids. It was no wonder it was dominant in those days. Now we get the scraps after FSU, UF, Georgia et al pick that area clean. It's changing back though. After the Shannon malaise Golden immediately started to reestablish relationships with High School coaches throughout the region. There is still a ton of work to do but if we can get even a quarter of South Florida's best high school players again we'll return to a national power.

Yep, y'all got as many players drafted as my school, NC State. Speaking of NC State, on a typical year, I would write an in-depth analysis on the state of the football program, the expectations, the potential break outs, ext... But, is year, I honestly don't know what to expect since we have a new head coach, Dave Doeren from NIU, who will run a completely different offense and defense (thank God). Here are the unknowns:

1. I don't think we have the players to fit the systems yet--Doeren ran a spread offense at NIU Which landed them in the Sugar Bowl. Our roster is not very deep on wideouts this year, and I don't know how our traditional west-coast offense the players are used to will translate to this more up-tempo style. I'm optimistic, but who knows?

2. We don't know who our QB is--it's either transfer from Colorado State, Pete Thomas or sophomore, Manny Stoker. Pete has 21 starts at CSU and is more of a pocket passer; Manny is more of a running QB, but is unproven...who knows who will win.

3. Our defense is a huge question mark. Our secondary got torched last year, despite having two players, Wolff and Amerson, drafted and one guy that was called in as a free agent, Bishop. We played a very weak zone last year though and a scheme change may help us improve. We have pretty good d-line and that should help too.

I'm excited about the new coaching regime and well see how it goes.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1djy91m0 said:

I never heard of this dude so i decided to youtube him figuring that you were probably over selling him. He's no De'Anthony Thomas, but he's pretty damn good and fun to watch.

[youtube]1JaHQB9odlA[/youtube]

bubbrubb

Reaction score
The SFU Clan from Vancouver, BC playing in the the GNAC (D2)

Reason fro optimism - Lemar Durant - stud WR can't be stopped. Entering his junior year...best WR in conference. 6"2 226lbs and was first-team all conference i recall as a sophomore.

Thats all i got for them, but wanted to plug my hometown team playing in the NCAA! (Every other school in Canada plays 3down football)

Lets get it!

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
aawolf":14vg7p8d said:
Yep, y'all got as many players drafted as my school, NC State. Speaking of NC State, on a typical year, I would write an in-depth analysis on the state of the football program, the expectations, the potential break outs, ext... But, is year, I honestly don't know what to expect since we have a new head coach, Dave Doeren from NIU, who will run a completely different offense and defense (thank God). Here are the unknowns:

1. I don't think we have the players to fit the systems yet--Doeren ran a spread offense at NIU Which landed them in the Sugar Bowl. Our roster is not very deep on wideouts this year, and I don't know how our traditional west-coast offense the players are used to will translate to this more up-tempo style. I'm optimistic, but who knows?

2. We don't know who our QB is--it's either transfer from Colorado State, Pete Thomas or sophomore, Manny Stoker. Pete has 21 starts at CSU and is more of a pocket passer; Manny is more of a running QB, but is unproven...who knows who will win.

3. Our defense is a huge question mark. Our secondary got torched last year, despite having two players, Wolff and Amerson, drafted and one guy that was called in as a free agent, Bishop. We played a very weak zone last year though and a scheme change may help us improve. We have pretty good d-line and that should help too.

I'm excited about the new coaching regime and well see how it goes.

Yeah. I was a little worried that Doeren might wind up in the ACC. He's a great coach that understands the college game in a way that O'Brien never could. I guess the Wolfpack will rely heavily on Shadrach until a QB emerges. He's a nice player, but I hope he fumbles against the Canes again. It's the only way our D can stop anyone.

Good luck this year!

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
150px NorthwesternWildcats

Northwestern Wildcats

Reasons for Optimism

Pat Fitzgerald is one of the best coaches in the game, maximizing the talent that he has available at a top academic school.

NU's dual threat at the QB position returns, with Trevor Siemian and Kain Colter poised to build upon last season's experience and success.

Venric Mark returns at RB after last season's 1300+ yard effort.

Reasons for Concern

It's Northwestern. They always find a way to lose one or two games they should win.

The OL will likely be a mess. They lost 3 starters from a line that was not all that good to begin with.

D doesn't have the athletes to keep up with the better Big Ten programs. Effort only carries you so far sometimes.

3 break out players

Chris Jones at WR

Venric Mark at RB

Kain Colter at QB

It's Northwestern. We don't get five star recruits. Or four star recruits. You're guess is as good as mine.

Provided they win all the games they should win, and maybe squeak out one upset: 3rd highest ranked team in the Big Ten, behind Ohio State and Michigan. That's best case scenario. Likely scenario: 5th highest ranked team in Big TEN, behind Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

KentuckyHawk

Reaction score
University of Kentucky Wildcats

Reasons for Optimism:

We've got a new coaching staff! New HC Mark Stoops was the DC at Florida State for the last few years, and he brings in Texas Tech OC (and former UK WR) Neal Brown to bring back the Air Raid offense of the Tim Couch era. He also brings in Florida State DE coach D.J. Eliot as his DC, though I believe Stoops will run the D.

Trio of talented QBs who should benefit from the new system.
Solid stable of RBs.
High quality "inside triangle" on D, consisting of 3 battle-tested Seniors.

Reasons for Concern:

This is still a team that went 2-10 last year, and was barely competitive in SEC play.
Completely new systems on both sides of the ball.
3-headed QB battle that will likely extend deep into fall camp.
Lack of depth/talent/experience at WR/CB/S.
DEs have a ton of talent, but little experience.

3 break out players:

1. Bud Dupree, Jr DE - 6'4 255 - This kid has a ton of potential, but has been moved around all over the place his first two years. UK had been running a slightly unorthodox (and completely ineffective) hybrid D, and Dupree was lining up at WLB for the majority of last year. Still, he managed 6.5 sacks in 2012, is set to be the starter at RDE, and should benefit greatly from some positional stability. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it has to be Stoops and Eliot, who just put 3 DEs in the NFL (Werner, Carradine & Jenkins).

2. Demarco Robinson, Jr WR - 5'10 160 - Undersized but extremely quick. Great fit for the new, wide open offense as an inside WR. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure which WR will break out, but I know one of them will, and Robinson has as good a shot as any.

3. Darrian Miller, Jr LT - 6'5 290 - As much as an OL can "break out." Again, tons of potential here. He's a great athlete for his size, and now has about a year and a half of starting experience under is belt. I expect him to be one of the top LTs in the SEC this year.

Hon. Mention - Donte Rumph & Mister Cobble, Sr DTs - 6'4 325 & 6' 330 - Big ol' pair of run stuffing DTs who could step up big-time in the new D. Rumph has some untapped pass rush ability as well.

2 true freshman who will contribute:

1. Marcus McWilson, 4* S - 6' 195 - Weak/Inexperienced returning secondary means the opportunity is there for a freshman to come in and start immediately. This kid, originally a Nebraska verbal, has as good a shot as anyone.

2. Ryan Timmons, 3* WR - 5'10 185 - Great speed and very shifty. Like DB, there is going to be a ton of playing time available at WR, both inside and outside, and this kid should be able to step in immediately and contribute. Compares favorably to former UK star Randall Cobb. Committed to UK over offers from Florida and Ohio State.

Bottomline:

Despite a ton of optimism around the program (50k+ at the spring game a couple weeks ago), this could be a pretty rough year. Question marks at QB, WR, OL, OLB, CB & S. If the coaches can get through this year with 5 wins or more, they should be able to maintain their momentum on the recruiting trail (cleaning up in OH at the moment, for the first time in decades). If the stars align, this could be a 7 or 8 win team. If not, we could be looking at another 2 or 3 win season. On the bright side though, there hasn't been this much excitement about UK Football in years.