John Schneider on Tim Tebow interest...

Basis4day

Reaction score
Spokane":9d5qee2l said:
Basis4day":9d5qee2l said:
Spokane":9d5qee2l said:
What rumor, and if they validated the rumor - Its no longer a rumor :)

Post the link stating they offered picks for Tebow.

What else were they going to trade for him? cash? The fact JS picked up the phone and called the Jets to acquire Suckerfish Tebow showed that he was willing to trade SOMETHING for Tebow (JS knows trades are not free). The Seahawks wanted Tebow, JS called on tebow, however the the draft picks that JS had in mind (or cash) was lower then the Jets wanted. A simple deal that died.
But It is in Seahawks history that we did want him, but the numbers did not add up for the deal.

You keep insisting that we called up the Jets and made an offer. There are no facts to back that up. You can inquire as to a players trade value without making an offer. That is completely different than entering into a deal and saying, "Psych", to use your example. The closest thing anyone can find is that JS inquired what it would take to acquire Tebow. Again, that is different than making an offer.

Whether or not JS had a price in mind is irrelevant. All that is available in quotes, media or print is that JS was doing his due diligence and checking with the Jets as to the cost of Tebow.

I don't really have anything more to say on this subject until i see your link.

jpetty38

Reaction score
I think I am the only one who does not hate tebow. The crap i hear about him on espn is crazy when merriel hodge talks about him i have to turn up the volume just to make sure i heard him right.

I mean he is not great, but in my mind he is better than a good chunk of backups in the NFL, but when you compare him to someone like matt lienart..i'll take tebow. I just feel he got a bad shake from the start, he showed sign at denver, then was traded and replaced by peyton instead of being given a chance to learn under him. Then he found himself in the jets two ring circus and was given the brush off, and used as a media outlet to get the jets some espn time( which worked and failed).

I feel bad for him, i loved him at florida, and thought he would at least be an okay NFL QB in a couple years after sitting behind someone with some skill, i don't want him anywhere near the seahawks,but the crap he has to go through, and the crap that is said about him is crazy. But at this point the ship had sailed, tebow will not be touched by any team for fear of the media circus that follows, part of it might be his fault, but not all of it, so much blame for his downfall has to be put with fans, the media, and being in a bad place at the wrong time.

I am glad however the seahawks don't want him, just gotta feel bad for him as this is a rare case where the player is not kicked out of the nfl for drugs or being arrested..but for being average pretty much.

General Manager

Reaction score
There is no evidence that the FO even contacted the Jets about Tebow it was a rumor that was never validated by the front office.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":tol3p4pg said:
We have five friggin' pages discussing a supposed interest in a player whom the decision maker summed up with "Uh, no," today?

Tumblr lvhqh2oYW91r1glra

Lol, I was just thinking that.

Welcome to .Net in the off-season.

:3:

Rocket

Reaction score
Sailor, what is a "friggin' page" and how is it different than a non-friggin' page?
I'm confused...

On topic, hey, I kinda like the dude. Might be a tight end someday. Pro'ly not, tho.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
General Manager":ky96i9sh said:
There is no evidence that the FO even contacted the Jets about Tebow it was a rumor that was never validated by the front office.
It was all captured on the Zapruder film, but the NFL is quietly killing all the witnesses and the film is locked away from public view.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I agree.
Both this thread, and Tebow's NFL career must die...
but seriously... Doesn't that qualify as an answer to our prayers from on High??

Maybe aliens could help us all out and ab-duct tape him up & bury 'em in an endzone somewhere in Jersey... or is that, too, just wishful thinking, like the imminent end of the world 12/21/2012 Mayan Rapture thing...

How about this to finish it...

Tim Tebow becoming an NFL starter again, is likely to magically happen The Day After the Earth Stands Still, and the Universe itself spins around 'Him'.
ROFLMAO!!!

Tebow. What a joke. God bless him. I wish him well...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kigenzun":3u6h7ovr said:
Tim Tebow becoming an NFL starter again, is likely to magically happen The Day After the Earth Stands Still, and the Universe itself spins around 'Him'.
ROFLMAO!!!
Well, technically, according to Einstein.....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":62mqpxma said:
kigenzun":62mqpxma said:
ROFLMAO!!!
Well, technically, according to Einstein.....

You're actually the one who's in the wrong here. Special relativity works for frames of reference in constant motion relative to one another but it doesn't account for acceleration (gravity is a form of acceleration). However, there is not as easily shown in General Relativity which does account for acceleration, so in practice the Earth moves around the sun (since it's an ellipse, the Earth is in constant acceleration due to the sun's gravitational pull, as well as the pull from the moon, and Jupiter and even the other planets) and taking the Earth as the reference point screws with the mathematics.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
How did this go from Tebow to physics? Not that I'm complaining mind, physics is a worthy topic.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well I sure didn't see this thread blowing up the way it did :lol:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":28psocll said:
Don't be confused, Rick. Just let this aborted manbearpig amalgom of a thread just die the death it was supposed to before it was resurrected by blowhardedness.

I'm thinking a mod should really abort this thread by locking it. ;)