So NBA player Jason Collins is gay.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sprhawk":1p14fv98 said:
Lords of Scythia":1p14fv98 said:
What about two bolts and four nuts?

Now your talking a whole other ball game (pun intended)

I say upfront that it is extreme but pedofiles have to live in hiding too and guess what they don't think they are doing anything wrong either.
Yeah but they are, that's the difference. If you've ever seen what that does to a kid you would absolutely know why it is. HUGE, HUGE difference between 2 consenting adults having sex and what a pedophile does. (Child molesters should be executed on their 2nd offense IMO.)

Oh, and learn to spell a word before breaking it out.

Largent80

Reaction score
Great for him to do this and I am quite sure there will be more to follow. I remember when one of my favorite metal singers of all time came out....Rob Halford.

sprhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":32h5dksg said:
peachesenregalia":32h5dksg said:
There's something oddly familiar about sprhawk.....

Luckily, I'm never going to have to find out what it is. Welcome to the ignore list, bigot.

When in Rome eh. Maybe the true hatred is on the other foot.

Notice I'm not angry? People with mental problems need help. Hear of any bad news stories lately, just keep on ignoring the problems, I'm sure they will go away.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
sprhawk":1ndw0d6v said:
volsunghawk":1ndw0d6v said:
peachesenregalia":1ndw0d6v said:
There's something oddly familiar about sprhawk.....

Luckily, I'm never going to have to find out what it is. Welcome to the ignore list, bigot.

When in Rome eh. Maybe the true hatred is on the other foot.

Notice I'm not angry? People with mental problems need help. Hear of any bad news stories lately, just keep on ignoring the problems, I'm sure they will go away.

Interesting you mention mental problems. :roll:

I hope someone goes away.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
sprhawk, this thread is about Collins and the impact of him coming out, not your own bigotry. Please step out of it.

Sac

Reaction score
It's nice that humans can finally start being openly gay like they were in Greek and Roman times and like so many other animal species are, without shame.

Hooray progress.

pehawk

Reaction score
There's gay black dudes? From Stanford? Huh...not what Ahmajinedad told me.

I'm just glad its an NBA player. The NBA is simply BETTER at handling such issues. It's PA, players, ownership everything are light years more progressive than any other sport. It's the ONLY professional sport without instituionalized racism. MLB, NFL, NHL, Soccer all have loads of juicy racism that can be seen.

jack_patera

Reaction score
sprhawk":3ereatlp said:
Hawknballs":3ereatlp said:
Nice to see so many fellow players supporting him. Gay people aren't going anywhere, it's time to stop expecting them to hide so that the mentally small people of the world don't have to "feel uncomfortable" with it.

Growing up I heard so many adults say "we are giving up too much" and I wondered what they were talking about. Now that I have kids and am older I understand and can see the trend and where it is leading. The future isn't going to be a pretty place for our children.

There are many things that people used to consider "wrong" that have become "alright". While some of those things may not have been as wrong as others it has changed our quality of life.

A bolt is made for a nut, you can't hold anything together using 2 bolts, or 2 nuts. If your selling one without the other, sorry, but no matter what you say, I ain't buying.

Gay people want acceptance so they can deal with thier guilty consience. We all make choices in life and we all have to live with the consequences. I see no reason why anyone should accept something they consider to be wrong. To me the issue couldn't be any clearer and I find it disturbing reality of the state of our society. Reality people, get there

100% in agreement

RockHawk

Reaction score
It's fine to have conflicting views on these types of high-interest topics, but if you feel the need to openly express your views on the subject, please take it to the PWR forum and keep it out of our sports forums. Thanks.

pehawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":1fpi0iqd said:
It's fine to have conflicting views on these types of high-interest topics, but if you feel the need to openly express your views on the subject, please take it to the PWR forum and keep it out of our sports forums. Thanks.

Wow, yet another bigot. Welcome to my ignore list.

sprhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":x2bvdhtq said:
Wow, yet another bigot. Welcome to my ignore list.

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, and intolerance on the basis of a person's:

race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, language, socioeconomic status, or other status.

So let's play a game, what doesn't belong in the list above?

Answer - Sexual orientation / Gender identification are asking you to believe a lie.

All others are Truths.

There are good and bad people in every walk of life.

vedthree

Reaction score
I guess the bright side is that this thread has only caused 2 bigots to pop their heads up ... they'll always be there, and there's no way to reason with them or change their minds: the prejudices and misinformation are just too ingrained ... but the numbers are dwindling. Society evolves slowly, but it does evolve.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/gay_marriage

SonicHawk

Reaction score
As long as homosexuality is a minority group I expect "coming out" to be a deal. However, I expect eventually that "coming out" will be something done much sooner and with more support. Of course when it comes to the player's prowess on the court I expect a time very soon where their sexual openness has absolutely nothing to do with whether they make the team or not.

12evanf

Reaction score
jack_patera":2hfswo31 said:
A bolt is made for a nut, you can't hold anything together using 2 bolts, or 2 nuts. If your selling one without the other, sorry, but no matter what you say, I ain't buying.

If only simple colloquialisms could solve all of societies great debates. Yet, they don't, because they are just ignorant generalizations.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol I don't see what the big deal is, whats the harm in letting people do their business if it isn't hurting someone?