EPL 2012-2013

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":3knaey8g said:
7 Goals in 14 appearances for LFC I believe? He's worth what we paid, but he is not a $20 million + striker. At times his partnership with Suarez looks like it could be a special one at times.

Like most strikers he shoots first and asks questions later, which at times can be frustrating but you take the good with the bad. IMHO we aren't that much worse off with him up top for the duration of the Suarez suspension.

I wasnt condemning Sturridge. Hes a very good player and will help us quite a bit in our hunt for top 4 next year. I just think he missed the only clear cut "chance" of the game. Thats the type of game it was

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Uncle Si":wt18m55r said:
InSuarezWeTrust":wt18m55r said:
7 Goals in 14 appearances for LFC I believe? He's worth what we paid, but he is not a $20 million + striker. At times his partnership with Suarez looks like it could be a special one at times.

Like most strikers he shoots first and asks questions later, which at times can be frustrating but you take the good with the bad. IMHO we aren't that much worse off with him up top for the duration of the Suarez suspension.

I wasnt condemning Sturridge. Hes a very good player and will help us quite a bit in our hunt for top 4 next year. I just think he missed the only clear cut "chance" of the game. Thats the type of game it was

As was I. For the record I am pleasantly surprised at his performances. Always have to wonder why someone sells a young talented striker.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":qqww2siq said:
Hawkspur":qqww2siq said:
Uncle Si":qqww2siq said:
its a meryseyside Derby. never pretty. so frenetic and disjointed. Sturridge has to score on his chance i think.

How has Sturridge been for you guys?

Quite good, actually. He's scored i think 7 or 8 this year since January maybe? He puts it about well, is strong in the box and decisive in his shots. He and Suarez play well together, and he's a dream for Coutinho. I'm looking forward to next season, actually, seeing the three of them in action together on a consistent basis

Coutinho is the real difference maker on this team next year... and perhaps the emergence of Henderson. But with the power and creativity of Suarez and Sturridge in moving into space theyve really just needed someone to provide the ball. coutinho has proved very adept at seeing space that other players havent, as seen in the ball he gave Sturridge yesterday that put him in against Howard.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ljbpq7q9 said:
Yeah, I expect big things from Coutinho next season, and Hendo. Joe Allen can probably go, or ride the bench behind Lucas. Gerrard will have to step back, too. We NEED at least one if not two big CBs and probably a LB. Some midfield pieces and maybe another developmental winger/striker in the Assaidi mold.

I'd like to get a new winger and cam. Either slide Coutinho out wide to play with Suarez and Sturridge or keep him at CAM and bring in another winger. figure if you get both then you have options. Joe Allen will be nice cover for Henderson. Lucas needs cover (unless the idea is to have Joe Allen and Henderdon together, with Hendo being more CDM, which i think he could do). We definately need one starting CB and one 3rd option. A left back would be nice. Why not Flanagan?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Yeah, I think things are looking promising at Liverpool, from the limited amount I've seen of them.
My next question was to ask which positions need to be addressed but you've all covered that as well.

Obviously, who we'll be able to get and, possibly, who we'll need to replace will depend a lot on these final 3 games but it seems that Spurs really need a playmaker at CM.

Modric's absent has been plain to see. A new striker would be nice too and both fullbacks could be improved upon. It'll be interesting to see whether Walker can step up after the tough experience that he's had this year. We've been without Sandro and Kaboul this year; it'll be nice to get them back.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":38r50l1j said:
Hawkspur":38r50l1j said:
Yeah, I think things are looking promising at Liverpool, from the limited amount I've seen of them.
My next question was to ask which positions need to be addressed but you've all covered that as well.

Obviously, who we'll be able to get and, possibly, who we'll need to replace will depend a lot on these final 3 games but it seems that Spurs really need a playmaker at CM.

Modric's absent has been plain to see. A new striker would be nice too and both fullbacks could be improved upon. It'll be interesting to see whether Walker can step up after the tough experience that he's had this year. We've been without Sandro and Kaboul this year; it'll be nice to get them back.

Think Bale's as good as gone though? It'll be really tough to replace him. I think next year will be transitional for the PL. I expect United to decline a bit, Chelsea and City to beef up as usual, Liverpool to improve a lot and Spurs and Arsenal to find it tougher to operate.

I think Bale's gone, but if he goes we should get enough money to fill a few gaps. We'll need to anyway, he's earned us a lot of points this season.

I agree with you about the top 3 and also think there'll be a good scrap between those 3 teams for 4th.

Storts

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":xrf38eji said:
Hawkspur":xrf38eji said:

Think Bale's as good as gone though? It'll be really tough to replace him. I think next year will be transitional for the PL. I expect United to decline a bit, Chelsea and City to beef up as usual, Liverpool to improve a lot and Spurs and Arsenal to find it tougher to operate.

Bale is going absolutely nowhere, quote on me that, he'll still be a Spurs player next season

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Storts":2t6ea7r3 said:
peachesenregalia":2t6ea7r3 said:
Hawkspur":2t6ea7r3 said:

I heard he's signed a new contract today. Any truth to this?

Bale is going absolutely nowhere, quote on me that, he'll still be a Spurs player next season

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":bpz5iqea said:
I'm certainly not over confident but I would say that in terms of luck, both teams are getting their fair share of late. I've been at Spurs last 2 games and spurs have managed to come out of those with 6 points, something that looked highly unlikely at half time of either.

I saw some of the Spurs-Southampton match, and they looked exhausted to me and they were lucky to get that Bale goal, I didn't really think the Saints deserved to lose that game with how they defended, same probably could be said about QPR with their attacks but Arsenal's defense has been out of character lately(not conceding many goals, especially shit goals).

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":1qkcj69a said:
So who do y'all want for your clubs in the transfer window?

Well looking at recent rumors, Arsenal apparently has agreed to sign Jovetic and are looking at Loic Remy. Both would help Arsenal's depth at the striker position which kinda came under fire the last few weeks after Giroud's unfair suspension.

After that, I'd probably say we'd have to find viable back ups in the central defense(and not sell Koscielny), and probably a new right back in case Sagna does leave. A back up keeper to give some real competition for Szczesny, Valdes, Reina and Casillas have been linked and Valdes would probably be the only one that Arsenal could realistically get, though I have also heard rumors involving Rene Adler being on Arsenal's radar. Midfield probably see if Barca would sell Fabregas back to Arsenal(maybe even Song) other than that I think we're set there.

I do also think there are a few players in the Arsenal reserves that are deserving of a call up to the first team. The players I'd like to see get more first team action would be Thomas Eisfeld, Serge Gnabry and Chuba Akpom. All three have impressed this year with the reserves, Gnabry and Eisfeld did get some 1st team action earlier this year(notably in that amazing 7-5 match against Reading).

Hawkspur

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":2hv0cw64 said:

I'd quite like modric back. Or someone similar.

I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to players not at Spurs so CM, LW, ST, LB, RB please, some for depth, some to start.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3k8wpp2p said:
InSuarezWeTrust":3k8wpp2p said:

I'd quite like modric back. Or someone similar.

I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to players not at Spurs so CM, LW, ST, LB, RB please, some for depth, some to start.

I think Spurs main priority is to keep Bale. After that, who knows.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Not really important news but apparently Arsenal have a new kit deal. Couple news outlets are saying Arsenal and Puma have agreed to a £170m, 5 year deal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2sb6mpxp said:
Bye-bye, Bacon face.

Moyes to replace him. Not a great hire, in my opinion.

yup... no tears here

TwilightError

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1d6vubve said:
TwilightError":1d6vubve said:
This just might be Fergies final year? 20 championships and all.. And the can always keep going for another decade..

I dont see it this year, although it makes the most sense for them as Mourinho will be available and is keen to return to England.

Their squad needs some overhauling. Not sure Fergie will give it up in the shape its in.

What was that ;)

Edit:

As for Arsenal their "ten years and you've won f*ck all" have mostly been because they pay away the new stadium, hence it is a high priority to get the lucrative CL spot. I dont see them giving away any points anymore this season.

For Chelsea the retirement of Sir Red nose is not all good. Might mean more competition for Mourinho, who has hinted on going to ManU already..

Edit 2:

After hearing of the announcement that Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season, Manchester United players have paid their respects to their manager.

"It has been an honour to play for Sir Alex. I couldn't have asked for a better manager" said Howard Webb.

-

In Honour of Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement all Premiership matches will play an extra 2 minutes injury time the next time they play.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwilightError":ubxvog72 said:
Uncle Si":ubxvog72 said:
TwilightError":ubxvog72 said:
This just might be Fergies final year? 20 championships and all.. And the can always keep going for another decade..

I dont see it this year, although it makes the most sense for them as Mourinho will be available and is keen to return to England.

Their squad needs some overhauling. Not sure Fergie will give it up in the shape its in.

What was that ;)

yeah a bit sudden....

not sure about Moyes either. I didnt realize he and Moyes were such good friends

TwilightError

Reaction score
Chelsea got it done, or actually the clubs best ever goalscorer (203!) Frank Lampard did it. Champions league is a certainty, now lets see if we can lure back Mourinho...

Latest posts