Drafts of Other NFC West Teams--What's your grade?

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I'm not one that adds Harvin to our draft, trades are trades, FA is FA, and the draft is the draft. But if Boldin signs an extension like Harvin did (with another team), I don't get the point.

Thinking your team is going to want to extend Kaepinocchio before he RFAs more then Boldin next year. Just a hunch.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Marvin49":37z9c17i said:
Lady Talon":37z9c17i said:
look@dafilm":37z9c17i said:
That may be true, but "contemplating retirement" doesn't mean he doesn't "count" towards the 49ers draft in the same manner that Harvin does for Seattle

And how do you expect a 30+ year old with the most physical receiver in the league label to last? lol. 1 year. So how does this affect your team in the long run? If you're talking draft impact, you talk about how a pick you spent lasts you for a number of years. Even if he doesn't retire, when his contract is up, he'll likely not be resigned. Even by the most optimistic projections, he's a 1 year stopgap not a replacement for a rookie contract.

So either way why would you guys complain about saying we traded our first for a 24 year old who will impact the Hawks for 6 years, by saying you traded your 6th round pick for a one off that won't last 25% of a rookie contract?

I don't understand why this is too complicated.

Boldin was aquired for a 6th round pick.

Colt McCoy was for a 7 and a swap of picks 8 picks apart.

They were aquisitions from Draft Picks.

People here want Harvin included in the draft evaluation because he was aquired for draft picks.

Why even argue? 2 of the picks the Niners had were used on Boldin and McCoy. 2 of the picks the Seahawks had were used on Harvin. Why is this too difficult?

All I see are people saying those guys won't be around longer than a year. How do you know that? They could sign extensions just as Harvin did. Some of the rookies drafted may be around no longer than a year especially ones taken in the 6th or 7th round like the picks the Niners gave up for those players.

I see no reason not to include them in the draft class if you are going to include Harvin. It makes no sense not to.

I could care less if they include Boldin or McCoy as their biased opinion doesn't matter, which is all we would get from them because most are too proud to admit that they didn't have a better draft than we did. I am all for them seeing the result on the field instead after we take the division again next year.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3u2zk9xh said:
http://www.nfl.com/predicttheseason

People are voting for the Seahawks to rep the NFC in the Super Bowl, and to win it. The people have spoken, nobody wants San Francisco anywhere. Seahawks are taking the division, will have a bye, and will win the Super Bowl this season. :D

Actually I believe that the "Predict the season" showed us with the higher seeding, and thus why the theoretical NFCCG was played in SF as depicted with us being listed on the right side.

Trust us, we are happy that you guys are being hyped up the way you are, as it paints a bigger target on your foreheads and will help to make sure that no team will not prepare accordingly when going up against you.

It's starting to all come together perfectly! :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You were given the higher seed by default of having gone further last season.

Man, week 2 of the NFL season cannot come quickly enough. :D

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I bet NinerLifer wet his pants watching that game at CLINK last season.

He gives off a sufficiently whiny vibe that watching his team get systematically destroyed was probably the final straw.

Piss alllllll over the pants.

Piss, Piss, Piss. Pants, Pants, Pants.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":13haf2y1 said:
I bet NinerLifer wet his pants watching that game at CLINK last season.

He gives off a sufficiently whiny vibe that watching his team get systematically destroyed was probably the final straw.

Piss alllllll over the pants.

Piss, Piss, Piss. Pants, Pants, Pants.

Yes...yes I did. :(

look@dafilm

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":iagwkc0d said:

Dear lord how ridiculous. A super bowl team actually gets better in the off-season and they are predicted to have a higher seed than a divisional foe. weird.

Goldrush

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":7xd7x98h said:

Lol gotta love that 1 game you have to hang your hat on versus a team who proved all season they were better. Tell us next how glorious that win over green bay was while your at it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
look@dafilm":305wjr9u said:
RolandDeschain":305wjr9u said:

Dear lord how ridiculous. A super bowl team actually gets better in the off-season and they are predicted to have a higher seed than a divisional foe. weird.

How exactly again did you get better? Is it the rookie replacing that vastly over rated ALLPRO? Is gore going to be better with more experience now that he's 30 years old?

It is debatable if you got better or worse. You need your draft class to play lights out for you to be on par. Good luck with that.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Goldrush":23te6rif said:
RolandDeschain":23te6rif said:

Lol gotta love that 1 game you have to hang your hat on versus a team who proved all season they were better. Tell us next how glorious that win over green bay was while your at it.

Yes you proved you suck at 10am games and on the second week of travel. Your schedule was padded by the NFL to prevent you from having to play any competitive teams at 10am and apparently it was a great thing for you guys because you got your butts kicked by both the Rams and Vikings at 10am. You would have probably been murdered by NE and GB. Hell NE would have stomped you if not for the weather and the power outage is the only thing that saved you from one of the most embarrassing super bowl performances in history.

Get off your high horse. You guys have more questions than answers right now. Good luck with that.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":xamwb0b5 said:
Goldrush":xamwb0b5 said:
RolandDeschain":xamwb0b5 said:

Yes you proved you suck at 10am games and on the second week of travel. Your schedule was padded by the NFL to prevent you from having to play any competitive teams at 10am and apparently it was a great thing for you guys because you got your butts kicked by both the Rams and Vikings at 10am. You would have probably been murdered by NE and GB. Hell NE would have stomped you if not for the weather and the power outage is the only thing that saved you from one of the most embarrassing super bowl performances in history.

Get off your high horse. You guys have more questions than answers right now. Good luck with that.

LMFAO!

I keep seeing you guys claim that we only beat NE because of the weather. How many of you guys actually know how long it had been that a team beat the Patriots at home in the month if December? You guys actually think that last December was a freak weather occurrence in NE for that time of year? LMFAO

The Patriots are the ones used to playing at home and dominating teams in NE in the month of December. Can anybody guess why? Doubt it according to statements like the one above. :34853_doh:

HolyEffinMoses

Reaction score
I detest the 49ers as much as anybody but their New England game was a legit win. Trying to say the weather in Foxborough was an advantage to the 49ers is as ridiculous as saying Seattle only beat them because they were tired from the week before. Both were legitimate wins against solid competition.

That being said, the power outage is the biggest reason the Super Bowl wasn't a ridiculous blowout. So at least you're not arguing that.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I disagree, bad weather favors smash mouth teams and the weather in NE that night was the epitome of bad. NE has become a finesse timing football team. If you can disrupt their timing you neutralize them. The weather was a big factor in throwing off their timing and the fumbles were not your normal fumbles. They were not due to impact so much as the ball plain slipping out of their hands.

Would the outcome have been different if the weather was not as bad as it was? Maybe, maybe not but there is no question it was a factor and like I said, it was a factor that benefited a smash mouth style of football.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":32s92xv6 said:
I disagree, bad weather favors smash mouth teams and the weather in NE that night was the epitome of bad. NE has become a finesse timing football team. If you can disrupt their timing you neutralize them. The weather was a big factor in throwing off their timing and the fumbles were not your normal fumbles. They were not due to impact so much as the ball plain slipping out of their hands.

Would the outcome have been different if the weather was not as bad as it was? Maybe, maybe not but there is no question it was a factor and like I said, it was a factor that benefited a smash mouth style of football.

That must be why the Patriots were still favored that week. :34853_doh:

Man...you have talked yourself into a cone of silence.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Niners had a draft that suited their needs, and rolled some picks over to 2014. The Niners drafted a lot of known names that have time to get over injuries.
Rams had a draft that suited their needs.
Seattle had a draft that suited their needs. Our draft had a lot of who? But so did the 2012 and 2011 drafts.
The Cardinals did OK. The middle of that line might improve, and that will help Carson a ton.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NinerLifer":e4lalszg said:
RichNhansom":e4lalszg said:

You mean favored before the game and before the weather was a factor?

Yeah that makes alot of sense. Maybe we should have weatherman picking the favorites.

Wow just wow.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1y5hrv90 said:
NinerLifer":1y5hrv90 said:
RichNhansom":1y5hrv90 said:

You mean favored before the game and before the weather was a factor?

Yeah that makes alot of sense. Maybe we should have weatherman picking the favorites.

Wow just wow.

Dude...just stop. You can not recover from this, seriously. Like EVER!

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I can just see the crap spewing from here if we would have lost to NE last year...

"You couldn't even beat the Patriots after Sherman talked his ass off the field! You mad bro?"

look@dafilm

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3uwt1wok said:
look@dafilm":3uwt1wok said:
RolandDeschain":3uwt1wok said:

How exactly again did you get better? Is it the rookie replacing that vastly over rated ALLPRO? Is gore going to be better with more experience now that he's 30 years old?

It is debatable if you got better or worse. You need your draft class to play lights out for you to be on par. Good luck with that.

Anquan > Moss
Nnamdi + Reid > Goldson
Dawson > Akers
Carradine > RJF
Dorsey > Soap

I will say that we got better regardless of the draft class.