Greg Scruggs Torn ACL???

The Outfield

Reaction score
CRAP! Not good news at all. But I am really glad we significantly increased our depth at that position. Now I really hope Clemons can get back quickly.

pehawk

Reaction score
Man this blows. I agree with others who call him underappreciated. I was really looking forward to seeing his progress in 2013.

Sac

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3pp7197r said:
This is a grim reminder that one's team is only one or two key injuries away from a doomed season.

Dude, would you mind not using yellow font. That stuff is killing my ability to read your posts.

kigenzun

Reaction score
That's rough.
Real rough.
Sure glad we drafted two Defensive Tackles instead of just one, now aint we?

NYCoug

Reaction score
It's a damn good thing we signed Tony McDaniel. Otherwise, we'd be looking real light in terms of a 5Tech/DT backup who can swing inside and outside and play well in both spots. An underrated move from earlier in the offseason, one of the least talked about moves the team has made this offseason, in one of it's best in team history. And yet it'll prove to be a key move when it's all said and done.

Winfield, Harvin, Bennett, and Avril might get most of the pub when it comes to offseason acquisitions for the Hawks this year, but don't be surprised if Tony McDaniel is Anthony Hargrove 2.0 and quietly has a solid season for the Hawks.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
This sucks. I am not yet ready for the "were gonna be fine" mindset. I keep thinking about how much he looked like Michael Bennett in his rookie year last year. I hope he makes it back and we don't make the same mistake with him that we made with Bennette. The problem is, we are stacked at DL and will have to let some good players go. I know it is a good problem to have but some of them, especially the youth movement, could potentiallly turn into valuable contributors to other teams. Not good.

Basis4day

Reaction score
No one is going to say this is good news. Time for others to step up though.

oasis

Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that we drafted a pass-rushing DT with our 3rd round pick because Scruggs tore his ACL. Hill, although a good player, was by no stretch the BPA on JS's draft board.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
oasis":1qx4ed7a said:
I think it's fair to say that we drafted a pass-rushing DT with our 3rd round pick because Scruggs tore his ACL. Hill, although a good player, was by no stretch the BPA on JS's draft board.

I don't think its fair to say that at all, unless you have access to the draft board.

Sac

Reaction score
JSeahawks":mi5mhu0m said:
oasis":mi5mhu0m said:

I don't think its fair to say that at all, unless you have access to the draft board.

I agree. How many times now has .net given a collective "wtf" at any particular draft choice only top realize,a year later that we were all wrong.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I feel bad for Scruggs and we are fortunate to have some good depth but I hate tapping into the depth this early.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
This reaks of a basketball injury. With football already putting their knees at great risk, I don't understand the logic of pkayers increasing their chances of suffering a significant career setback at the very least.

kearly

Reaction score
On the bright side, if he has one of those ultra fast ACL recoveries some players have had lately it's conceivable that he could be back by the playoffs. If Seattle plays games with their PUP list and roster activation they could keep him off the roster for the first 11 weeks before having to eat a roster spot.

Even if he misses the whole season, he'll be a year and a half from the injury at the start of the 2014 season.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The team was able to cope with the Moffitt/Carp injuries at the beginning of last season and still had a great year en route to an 11-5 record and a playoff birth. I'm sure we'll hardly even notice Scruggs is gone because someone else will step up and shoulder the load of his expected production.

If anything, this gives Seattle a way of stashing another young, talented player either on the IR or PUP this year and like kearly says, he'll be a year and a half from the injury by 2014 in a worst case scenario.

Sucks for Greg though, I know he was ready to break out big time but he'll have to wait and rehab now.