Brandon Roy waived by Timberwolves

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sad. Had so much promise as an NBA player but his body failed him. Luckily he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and should be able to thrive in a post NBA career.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sad, he is truly one of the "good guys"! Hope his knees allow him to continue his career at some point!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'll always remember him for this. One of the best individual playoff performances I've ever seen. And remember, his game was pretty much already shot at this point because of his knees. Before the game most Blazer fans were hoping he would just sit the bench and not play at all. If I remember right he had 18 points in the 4th quarter leading us to the win after being down 23 points.

[youtube]cB-FGLPT-fo[/youtube]

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
The thing that bums me out, is Roy could've been a star player. He had it all, team oriented play, clutch play, just overall a very very very very very good player.

If his knee's held up, he would've been the best player the Blazers ever had, just my opinion.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":1sfibfwr said:
If his knee's held up, he would've been the best player the Blazers ever had, just my opinion.

I don't think its even opinion, I think its fact. Right now the Blazers should have a core of Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Nic Batum and Greg Oden just coming into their prime. Would have almost certainly taken the west with Westbrook out, and could have given the Heat a run for their money, imo.

Depressing.

Hopefully Lillard can be what we thought Roy was going to be. He's off to a good start.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lillard is a pretty damn good guy to base the team off of when rebuilding IMO.

19pts 6 assists a game, and he's not a small PG at all, he's got some good length for a PG, you can't not like a big PG IMO. 'Specially in the west with Westbrook, Paul, and Curry.

Give the Blazers some much needed help off the bench, I see no reason why they couldn't make the playoffs next season.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Sadly I don't think he can even sign a 1 day contract and retire in Portland because of all the shenanigans regarding his amnesty/retirement/comeback.

Oh what could have been......we say that alot in Portland :D

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Atleast you guys down in Portland have the luxury of not knowing what might've been, I get reminded everytime i turn on ESPN ;)