Jerry Palm 2013-14 Bowl Projections.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This guys an idiot.

Alabama and Ohio State in the title game. (I have no idea how Ohio State would be there with their patsy schedule. Seems like several 1 loss teams would be ranked higher then them at the end of the year even if they go undefeated.)

Stanford to the Rose Bowl, Oregon to the Alamo Bowl. I think they'll both be playing in BCS matchups, with whoever wins their game quite possibly playing for the national title.

Also predicts that Washington and USC will not make bowls this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... redictions

kearly

Reaction score
I liked his predictions, but it's hard to see USC and Washington out of the bowl picture. UW has the easiest schedule in almost a decade this season, and USC might have Max Browne at QB (been compared to Peyton Manning).

Even if Keith Price is still the 2012 version and not the 2011 version, they probably win 7 games. UW's defense is going places and was top 25 nationally last season IIRC.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think USC are going to be even worse this year, leading to the inevitable departure of Lane Kiffin. Don't really have an issue with his other predictions. Ohio State were unbeaten this year and Alabama will just keep going. Don't like Texas in the Fiesta Bowl but they always get overrated. Stanford got the Rose Bowl last year so nothing crazy there. I don't think it's out of the question that Oregon take a step back this year.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think Ohio State will go undefeated. But there's a very real chance that they don't play a single top 25 opponent, so their BCS Ranking wont be good enough to get them to the title game.

Oregon will have the best offense they've ever had. We'll see about the defense (questions in the linebackers) and if they can maintain the same consistency under Helfrich as they had under Kelly. I'd guess they'll be double digit favorites in every game except Stanford.

I don't see any way UW doesn't get a bowl game.

I also think Notre Dame ends up with 3 or 4 losses and does not get a BCS game. Last year they were awfully lucky and flukey, imo.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just for fun here's my Mid May BCS Bowl predictions:

Championship game: Alabama vs Oregon/Stanford winner

Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs Oregon/Stanford loser... although I think UCLA could factor in here as well.

Sugar Bowl: Texas A&M vs Clemson

Orange Bowl: Florida State vs Texas

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs Louisville

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If Ohio State goes unbeaten I think it's a virtual lock they'll be in the title game. Just can't see many -- if any -- other unbeaten teams. Plus it's Ohio State. Even if they aren't beating teams high in the rankings, they'll get pumped up. They were in some tight games last year though so not sure they get a clean sweep again, even in a rank average Big10.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Barkley and Woods will not be easy to replace. Their defence is a shadow of it's old self AND they are bringing Kiffin back (Why?). The worst indicator for USC is that I no longer hate them. That's just sad.

IF the Dawgs don't see a bowl game Sark has to go, IMO. I hope his patchwork O-line of last year unearthed a couple gems, cuz it doesn't look like we recruited with great success there.

Price did take a beating and/but consequently, IMO, showed that he is not as mentally tough as we'd hoped. He spent a lot of time running scared (and fumbling). Sometimes he was "seeing ghosts". I cannot recall a U-Dub QB sliding the way he did from 11 to 12. From the penthouse to the outhouse and IF he gets good protection, but falters, I hope Sark makes a move sooner than later.

GCrow

Reaction score
Ya, OSU will likely start the season ranked 2 or 3. If they go undefeated again, they'll be in.

Haven't gotten to deep into looking ahead to CFB this season, but as far as BCS Bowls go, don't have to big a problem. Biggest ? for me is Texas A&M finishing 2nd in the SEC.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Jerry (Hairy) Palm? How badly was this joker razzed in school? Too emotionally scarred to be taken seriously.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think Bama-Ohio State is a very good prediction.

Shocking that J has Oregon in the title game though ;)

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Ohio State impressed me last season, considering how terrible I thought that team was going to be they won every game. Quite a few were very close that could of been loses but they managed to win. I could see them losing a game here or there this season but another good bit of recruiting this year for Meyer and they can build off of last season and run the table again. I'm not a huge fan of Meyer but honestly he can coach, unlike Kiffin. Kiffin has the chops to recruit but his coaching seems to be lacking for how many opportunities he has been awarded.

Texas was the big reach there for me, I don't have anything against them but they were pretty mediocre the last two seasons and I don't see much changing this year.

Early though, it's college football so this is all a toss-up.