Richard Sherman

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Hope you guys don't think that Avril, Bennett, and Winnie just spontaneously signed up on the cheap when they saw all the spontaneous coverage that NFL network and ESPN was giving their darling team, the Seahawks.

His mouth made the networks talk about us. A lot of players aren't as well informed as fans and get their opinions off the media. Ergo, he may be setting himself up for a huge contract and a new team, but he helped put us on the FA map.

For that I am in Shermans debt.

hawker84

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3be7lxbp said:
Sherman is the best in the league right now, he can say anything he wants. If someone doesn't like it, to damn bad. Do your thing Sherm, they mad

Not true. Pretty sure the Seahawks have established a line not to cross.. so to say he can say anything he want's is false.

Tical21

Reaction score
My second favorite Seahawk on the field besides Lynch. But Sherman is a punk. It was cute at first. The stupid clapping and taunting. Calling Tom Brady out, the Trent Williams thing, and of course the Skip Bayless thing, the Revis tape, etc. Just a punk. I'm over it. I'll watch and cheer as loudly as anybody, but when he opens his mouth I am no longer paying attention. It is embarrassing. That punk represents our team, fanbase, and city.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yep. Richard Sherman - such a punk!

Listen, you go out on the field and play the way he plays

and then spend your free time doing charity work

and you're already an NFL all pro stanford graduate

please, run your mouth.

If anyone has earned the right to run it it's a guy like that. Sorry.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tical21":9dybu3v7 said:
My second favorite Seahawk on the field besides Lynch. But Sherman is a punk. It was cute at first. The stupid clapping and taunting. Calling Tom Brady out, the Trent Williams thing, and of course the Skip Bayless thing, the Revis tape, etc. Just a punk. I'm over it. I'll watch and cheer as loudly as anybody, but when he opens his mouth I am no longer paying attention. It is embarrassing. That punk represents our team, fanbase, and city.

Tom Brady called out the entire team and all the fans in the Clink.

Trent Williams was an unprovoked attack after a tough game where Sherman was shaking hands and talking to a guy that earlier called him a "cheater".

Skip Bayless is Skip Bayless. Who hasn't wanted to verbally slap him upside his head.

The Revis thing was blown out of proportion, IMO, by Revis, himself. He didn't go after Sherman until the interview where Sherm said that Revis can't be considered the best RIGHT NOW, because he's injured and didn't play the whole season. When he comes back healthy, he"s definitely in the discussion. That's a compliment, not a jab or anything like that.

hawker84

Reaction score
Tom Brady called out the entire team and all the fans in the Clink.

Trent Williams was an unprovoked attack after a tough game where Sherman was shaking hands and talking to a guy that earlier called him a "cheater".

Skip Bayless is Skip Bayless. Who hasn't wanted to verbally slap him upside his head.

The Revis thing was blown out of proportion, IMO, by Revis, himself. He didn't go after Sherman until the interview where Sherm said that Revis can't be considered the best RIGHT NOW, because he's injured and didn't play the whole season. When he comes back healthy, he"s definitely in the discussion. That's a compliment, not a jab or anything like that.

i agree with most of this post. And to be quite frank , i think this whole argument shows the diversity in age on this board... Us older guys, don't like the off field antics, younger guys have no problem with it.. IMO it's a direct reflection in today's society..

i'm from the old school , let your play do the talking, if challenged off field, then reply, but do it with professionalism and grace..

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't understand why people get so defensive over players here, it's not like any of us know the man personally...

I know Sherman's a good guy off the field, i know what he brings to the team on the field, and i appreciate it whole heartedly.

i do not however like his off field antics, doesn't mean i don't like him, or appreciate him.. He's a Seahawk, he's my guy..

Having said that, if he played for another team, i would not be a fan.. i would acknowledge his abilities , but that's as far as it would go..

Tical21

Reaction score
Hawknballs":11r6kbh7 said:

please, run your mouth.

"Earned the right" to run your mouth and act like an arse. Splendid.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Tical21":1kqs346i said:
Hawknballs":1kqs346i said:

please, run your mouth.

"Earned the right" to run your mouth and act like an arse. Splendid.

well see that's the difference. When you can back it up, the "like an arse" part no longer applies. When your ass can cash the checks your mouth is writing then go for it. It's not like Sherman has targeted the innocent and defenseless with his mouth.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tical21":103adayb said:
But Sherman is a punk. It was cute at first. The stupid clapping and taunting. Calling Tom Brady out, the Trent Williams thing, and of course the Skip Bayless thing, the Revis tape, etc. Just a punk. I'm over it. I'll watch and cheer as loudly as anybody, but when he opens his mouth I am no longer paying attention. It is embarrassing. That punk represents our team, fanbase, and city.

I love how you point out the "Trent Williams thing" as evidence of Sherman being a punk. Which part of that incident bothered you? The part where an unprovoked goon in a helmet hit him in the face, or the part where he was being gracious toward other Redskins players immediately before it happened? When you mention this incident as a knock against Sherman then I can only assume you're just looking for a reason to either hate on him or get a rise out of people.

hawker84

Reaction score
I love how you point out the "Trent Williams thing" as evidence of Sherman being a punk. Which part of that incident bothered you? The part where an unprovoked goon in a helmet hit him in the face, or the part where he was being gracious toward other Redskins players immediately before it happened? When you mention this incident as a knock against Sherman then I can only assume you're just looking for a reason to either hate on him or get a rise out of people.

i fault Williams in the incident as well.. but let me ask you this.. was it necessary for Sherman to waive goodbye to the Fans, and tell them the hurry up and beat the traffic? Was that a classy act to you, or was it a bit out of line?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawker84":16sq5z6q said:

i fault Williams in the incident as well.. but let me ask you this.. was it necessary for Sherman to waive goodbye to the Fans, and tell them the hurry up and beat the traffic? Was that a classy act to you, or was it a bit out of line?

Necessary? No. But you're asking the wrong guy. I've never disliked any player, on any team, in any sport for simply being brash. I enjoy that stuff. It adds personality to the game. Love the Deions, GPs and Garnetts of the sports world. I love watching a guy making a dagger play on the road and then putting his finger to his mouth to say "shhhh......" to the crowd. These are young men playing sports. There is no non-offensive gesture in the world that I would consider "out of line."

Personally, I only dislike players who I consider dirty or whiny. I hated the Spurs for a good while because of Bruce Bowen (dirty) and Tim Duncan (whiny). Those guys are as superficially "professional" as it gets, but I always had way more respect for other players. I respect Brady, but the only time he gets on my nerves is when he whines for a flag any time a defender is within two feet of him. I actually like him more on those occasions when emotions get the best of him, and he does something like emphatically spike the ball to show up the other team.

hawker84

Reaction score
but the game was over, he wasn't making any more plays, he just felt the need to rub it in the Redskins fans face for a bit... and you say that adds personality to the game.. Do you think you'd ever see GP or Deon do that? i don't.. Maybe Rodman, but we all know what a tool he is..

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess that Sherm had been hearing it from the 'Skins fans all game and gave some back at the end. Which I have no problem with.

hawker84

Reaction score
Yep I'm sure Jordan never heard it from apposing fans, yet you didn't see him waiving goodbye to them after eliminating them from post season play... There's classy ways to talk smack and there's bush league way to do it..

CANHawk

Reaction score
hawker84":1mvb4db9 said:

Hell yes it was necessary. Redskin fans are all no class douchebags.

I love Sherm to death. Glove 2.0

Subzero717

Reaction score
CANHawk":19m7cpop said:
hawker84":19m7cpop said:

Hell yes it was necessary. Redskin fans are all no class douchebags.

I love Sherm to death. Glove 2.0

I like Sherm too but that wasn't classy at all. Why stoop to their level? As much as I like Sherm I prefer he be more Browner. Its not him and I get it but he acts like a moron sometimes.

Tical21

Reaction score
Don't even start to compare Sherm to the glove. Talking trash during the game to get in a players head is one thing. The intent is to disrupt and get a player or team off of their game. It was a huge part of my game personally as well. But there is a huge difference between trash talking and taunting. Sherman's antics are more TO than they are Payton/Jordan/Sanders. It is bush and, frankly, embarrassing.