Drafts of Other NFC West Teams--What's your grade?

Spokane

Reaction score
Marvin49":184hzqw7 said:
Me either. If the 'hawks had gotten Boldin for a 6 I don't think I'd be seeing too many people here calling him washed up.

I like how he gave the Hawks an A+ and the Niners an F-.

Makes it easier to just discount anything he says later.

Are you really crying about a draft grade from an online forum? Its pretty well known that 49er fans are soft, but that is sad Bra!
I say what I want to say, when I want to say it. Deal with it and stop crying like a B! I really don't want another warning PM so I am going to let you off the hook today. Just as advise, before you look stupid again - do a full research job on the Bell curve grading system before making any (49er fan like/dumb) comments about it.

Spokane

Reaction score
look@dafilm":5wrur1qp said:
KCHawkGirl":5wrur1qp said:
Dorsey is once again being played out of position if he plays NT
I don't know about the other players but if the 49ers are counting on Dorsey to be anything but a waste they're going to be sorely disappointed.

doubtful, as a poster already pointed out Dorsey may not have been a shining star in KC but he is a solid player. Very cheap pickup by Baalke that I expect to pay its dividends. The signing I truly don't get is Dahl. Maybe he was insurance in case they didn't get their guy in the draft but still, not seeing that one working out very well. he signed super cheap though

Doubtful? Solid Player? WTF? Hello! He was solid at the NCAA level and thats it. The guy has been blown up from day 1 at the NFL level! He will be cut before the first game, so yes he is a waste.

Spokane

Reaction score
Now that I think of it, you and Lifer should get together and work out the details of a point spread and the bell curve...that could be a long conversation :34853_doh:

look@dafilm

Reaction score
Spokane":3b73zz98 said:
Doubtful? Solid Player? WTF? Hello! He was solid at the NCAA level and thats it. The guy has been blown up from day 1 at the NFL level! He will be cut before the first game, so yes he is a waste.

don't bother letting facts get in the way of your hissy fit. as already shown in this thread Dorsey is a fine run defender.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/01/05/glenn-dorsey-tyson-jackson-broken-down/

he was 2nd against the run, but leaves a lot to be desired as a pass rusher. sounds a lot like a nice and cheap sopoaga replacement to me.

Spokane

Reaction score
Broski, Next time you try to defend your new player with Hard Facts...try not to use an article over 2-3 years old!?!?!?

lol it said that the DE got zero sacks and zero passes defended...Are you hoping your DTs can rush the passer? He is a waste.

The fact you use the word "Hissy" really does nothing to slow the rumors about you 49er fans

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":pihggn1y said:
RichNhansom":pihggn1y said:
Anquan > Moss You hope
Nnamdi + Reid > Goldson You hope
Dawson > Akers You hope
Carradine > RJF You hope
Dorsey > Soap You hope

I will say that we got better regardless of the draft class.

LMAO, and I am the one that is dreaming? Wow, that is some serious homer BS right there. Apparently anyone can just walk into your system and learn your system and gain chemistry with the team in just a few minutes?

So I guess Jenkins is just being held back as a secret weapon?

Really, do you believe your own bull?

This is why Niner fans are known for their ignorance. You guys are like drones just regurgitating what someone else says. Your a complete moron if you think these are all just automatic upgrades. Your idiot douche coach doesn't even know how to get his depth playing time.

Reid and Caradine haven't even played a snap and Dorsey is once again being played out of position if he plays NT. Let them at least prove something (ANYTHING) at the NFL level before you crown them.

Last year all we heard was what a great acquisition moss was. Are you going to be as happy to replace Boldin as Moss? You guys were so pumped to be returning your entire defense and now your glad to see em go?

Put down the pipe.

Actually not. The problem Dorsey had in KC was that he was called upon to 2-gap over a center. Thats the way D-Linemen play in a classic 3-4.

He won't be called upon to do that in SF. SF runs a 3-4, but their D-Linemen play 1-gap and penetrate...similar to what he did at LSU. Also, while he wasn't the player people thought he would be coming out of school, he was NOT a bad player. He was very good against the run.

The Niners aren't expecting the player from LSU. They want the run stuffer who played in KC.

Don't believe me on Dorsey?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ty-chiefs/

And now we know why Niner fans don't talk about other teams, they don't know anything. (for the record, I think Dorsey is an OK signing) Poe was the NT is KC, Dorsey played almost exclusively DE. I watched 8 of his games when he was poised for the FA market. His lack of stats is a product of the Crennell two gap 3-4 scheme, where he wants all three of his DL to try and absorb two blockers. Dorsey is not a nose tackle, but can probably play the spot if the only thing he is asked to do is occupy a center and guard. Personally, I don't think Unger needs help with a guy like Dorsey.

Marvin, I always suspected you knew a lot more about the niners than the rest of the league, you saying Dorsey had problems because he was asked to 2 gap over the center is just more proof you fit facts to the Niners, not the other way around. Dorsey almost NEVER lined up at NT, and DID not engage the center as a matter of routine. Can he adequately replace Soapoaga? (who is better than Niner fans think) Yes. Is he going to be a penetrating disruptor? It seems unlikely. He was a good dollars/performance pickup, nothing more.

I know somewhere, sure as god made little green apples, there is a niner fan who know football as much as he knows his team. I sure would like him to make his way here. Marvin isn't him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1v4dog02 said:
Marvin49":1v4dog02 said:
RichNhansom":1v4dog02 said:
Anquan > Moss You hope
Nnamdi + Reid > Goldson You hope
Dawson > Akers You hope
Carradine > RJF You hope
Dorsey > Soap You hope

I will say that we got better regardless of the draft class.

LMAO, and I am the one that is dreaming? Wow, that is some serious homer BS right there. Apparently anyone can just walk into your system and learn your system and gain chemistry with the team in just a few minutes?

So I guess Jenkins is just being held back as a secret weapon?

Really, do you believe your own bull?

This is why Niner fans are known for their ignorance. You guys are like drones just regurgitating what someone else says. Your a complete moron if you think these are all just automatic upgrades. Your idiot douche coach doesn't even know how to get his depth playing time.

Reid and Caradine haven't even played a snap and Dorsey is once again being played out of position if he plays NT. Let them at least prove something (ANYTHING) at the NFL level before you crown them.

Last year all we heard was what a great acquisition moss was. Are you going to be as happy to replace Boldin as Moss? You guys were so pumped to be returning your entire defense and now your glad to see em go?

Put down the pipe.

Actually not. The problem Dorsey had in KC was that he was called upon to 2-gap over a center. Thats the way D-Linemen play in a classic 3-4.

He won't be called upon to do that in SF. SF runs a 3-4, but their D-Linemen play 1-gap and penetrate...similar to what he did at LSU. Also, while he wasn't the player people thought he would be coming out of school, he was NOT a bad player. He was very good against the run.

The Niners aren't expecting the player from LSU. They want the run stuffer who played in KC.

Don't believe me on Dorsey?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ty-chiefs/

And now we know why Niner fans don't talk about other teams, they don't know anything. (for the record, I think Dorsey is an OK signing) Poe was the NT is KC, Dorsey played almost exclusively DE. I watched 8 of his games when he was poised for the FA market. His lack of stats is a product of the Crennell two gap 3-4 scheme, where he wants all three of his DL to try and absorb two blockers. Dorsey is not a nose tackle, but can probably play the spot if the only thing he is asked to do is occupy a center and guard. Personally, I don't think Unger needs help with a guy like Dorsey.

Marvin, I always suspected you knew a lot more about the niners than the rest of the league, you saying Dorsey had problems because he was asked to 2 gap over the center is just more proof you fit facts to the Niners, not the other way around. Dorsey almost NEVER lined up at NT, and DID not engage the center as a matter of routine. Can he adequately replace Soapoaga? (who is better than Niner fans think) Yes. Is he going to be a penetrating disruptor? It seems unlikely. He was a good dollars/performance pickup, nothing more.

I know somewhere, sure as god made little green apples, there is a niner fan who know football as much as he knows his team. I sure would like him to make his way here. Marvin isn't him.

Oh please. Get off the soap box.

I simply mis-spoke. The only point I was making was that he won't 2-gap in SF. I like how you just threw out the entire point of both my post and the article in order to score cheap points. I'm aware he played DE in KC. That doesn't change my point tho that he was called upon to 2-gap almost exlusively. That doesn't change the fact that he didn't do that at LSU and he won't be called upon to do that in SF. You go off on a rant about why he wasn't effective and then pretty much say what I was saying and then puff out your chest like you have proven something.

My response was to say that he isn't miscast in SF. He fits the scheme that SF is running.

No 49ers fan is under the impression that Dorsey is all of the sudden going to show that he was worth a top 5 pick. All we want him to do is clog up the line and be the run-stuffer he was in KC. That's it. We aren't expecting a star. The fact thats he's a better scheme fit in SF than he was in KC is a bonus. All we are looking for is a replacement for Sopoaga who while being a good player earlier in his career had a very bad year last year. Oh BTW, they also got younger and Dorsey was about half the price.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Spokane":1uya1nc3 said:
Marvin49":1uya1nc3 said:
Me either. If the 'hawks had gotten Boldin for a 6 I don't think I'd be seeing too many people here calling him washed up.

Are you really crying about a draft grade from an online forum? Its pretty well known that 49er fans are soft, but that is sad Bra!
I say what I want to say, when I want to say it. Deal with it and stop crying like a B! I really don't want another warning PM so I am going to let you off the hook today. Just as advise, before you look stupid again - do a full research job on the Bell curve grading system before making any (49er fan like/dumb) comments about it.

Who said I was cryin? I just said you made it really easy to ignore your opinion. Its getting easier by the post.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2tjbktry said:
Spokane":2tjbktry said:
Marvin49":2tjbktry said:

Who said I was cryin? I just said you made it really easy to ignore your opinion. Its getting easier by the post.

Getting pretty easy to ignore yours as well.

Marvin49

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":25d5nwx7 said:
Marvin49":25d5nwx7 said:
Spokane":25d5nwx7 said:

Getting pretty easy to ignore yours as well.

Then do so. Free Country.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
Spokane":29a947h1 said:
Broski, Next time you try to defend your new player with Hard Facts...try not to use an article over 2-3 years old!?!?!?

lol it said that the DE got zero sacks and zero passes defended...Are you hoping your DTs can rush the passer? He is a waste.

The fact you use the word "Hissy" really does nothing to slow the rumors about you 49er fans

Ummm no actually its barely over a year old and talks about his play during the 2011 season. Way to expose yourself as a perfect example of why the American education system is terrible. The reason there aren't a ton of articles out on him about 2012 is because he was injured and didn't play for much of the year.

And no actually, most teams don't expect pass rush from their NTs he is a superb run stuffer and thats what the 49ers want him for. Soap was not good this year and was actually rated quite terribly as even a partime player, which is why the 49ers let him get away.

Btw, you fans of other teams should really try to get together and stick to one lame insult for us 49er fans so you don't sound so ridiculous all the time. Either 49ers fans are all obnoxious know-nothings....complete flaming pirates....or street low-life thugs. They can't be all 3

Scottemojo

Reaction score
look@dafilm":tmz06eq2 said:
Spokane":tmz06eq2 said:

Ummm no actually its barely over a year old and talks about his play during the 2011 season. Way to expose yourself as a perfect example of why the American education system is terrible. The reason there aren't a ton of articles out on him about 2012 is because he was injured and didn't play for much of the year.

And no actually, most teams don't expect pass rush from their NTs he is a superb run stuffer and thats what the 49ers want him for. Soap was not good this year and was actually rated quite terribly as even a partime player, which is why the 49ers let him get away.

Btw, you fans of other teams should really try to get together and stick to one lame insult for us 49er fans so you don't sound so ridiculous all the time. Either 49ers fans are all obnoxious know-nothings....complete flaming pirates....or street low-life thugs. They can't be all 3

Your band wagon is full of idiots. All bandwagons are. is that a 4th thing? Or does that fall under obnoxious know nothings? Now, I usually operate under the assumption that every fan knows something, til he opens his yap/tying digits and proves different. Marvin? he heard some nice stuff about your new player, then added his own misinformation to it, and voila: Bullshit.

BTW, that article was well written and spot on in describing Dorsey's lack of numbers and why. Where Marvin is arrogantly wrong is assuming that a new system will suddenly take advantage of Dorsey's seemingly dormant production. I would not have minded the Hawks getting Dorsey for exactly what I suspect the Niners want him for: Two down run stopper, and little else. The contract he signed suggests just that. Soap gets a bad rap in SF, but he was a decent player, mostly guilty of not being Justin Smith. Dorsey should do the same. San Francisco did not sign Dorsey expecting him to emerge as a force, they signed him to do what they already know he can do at the NFL level, eat space, stop runners.

The one I can't figure out is dumb ass bandwagon Niner fans minimizing the loss of Goldson. I like Reid, but *rookie* alert. Dahl? Please. Goldson was a force, and receivers knew he was always lurking. So did running backs. One of my favorite reporters, Jay Glazer, had nothing but praise for Goldon's off season routine, and thinks the guy could kick ass in MMA right NOW. Thinking he can be replaced as a player, and especially as a hard worker and great example off the field, is kind of silly. I think we both know letting Whittner go and keeping Goldson would have been a better move.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Whitner will learn from Reid and they will both be all pros for the next decade.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3kami1ei said:
look@dafilm":3kami1ei said:
Spokane":3kami1ei said:

Your band wagon is full of idiots. All bandwagons are. is that a 4th thing? Or does that fall under obnoxious know nothings? Now, I usually operate under the assumption that every fan knows something, til he opens his yap/tying digits and proves different. Marvin? he heard some nice stuff about your new player, then added his own misinformation to it, and voila: Bullshit.

BTW, that article was well written and spot on in describing Dorsey's lack of numbers and why. Where Marvin is arrogantly wrong is assuming that a new system will suddenly take advantage of Dorsey's seemingly dormant production. I would not have minded the Hawks getting Dorsey for exactly what I suspect the Niners want him for: Two down run stopper, and little else. The contract he signed suggests just that. Soap gets a bad rap in SF, but he was a decent player, mostly guilty of not being Justin Smith. Dorsey should do the same. San Francisco did not sign Dorsey expecting him to emerge as a force, they signed him to do what they already know he can do at the NFL level, eat space, stop runners.

The one I can't figure out is dumb ass bandwagon Niner fans minimizing the loss of Goldson. I like Reid, but *rookie* alert. Dahl? Please. Goldson was a force, and receivers knew he was always lurking. So did running backs. One of my favorite reporters, Jay Glazer, had nothing but praise for Goldon's off season routine, and thinks the guy could kick ass in MMA right NOW. Thinking he can be replaced as a player, and especially as a hard worker and great example off the field, is kind of silly. I think we both know letting Whittner go and keeping Goldson would have been a better move.

I for one don't think Goldson will be replaced immediately, but I will say he surely was overpaid. Wish there was a way to keep Goldson and let Whitner go instead but thats the name of the game sometimes. Whitner isn't necessarily bad either, but his short and stout stature gives him a lot of physical limitations in terms of playing the ball in the air. I'm liking the Reid pick a lot though because he plays so similar to Goldson. It will be interesting to see how a rookie starter dynamic plays out with our already good and veteran D. I think it should be fine if nothing else because we've (seemingly) upgraded our RCB spot with Nnamdi and our pass rush is already great but has much more depth now to stay fresh. His loss can be made up in other ways, but you're right, as of now Goldson to Reid is a downgrade.

As for Sopoaga, forgive me for not taking a fan of another teams word on a 9 year 49er player. I love what he did for the 49ers all these years but using that as an example of how the 49ers will suffer is just terrible. He was a part time player this year even as a "starter" (played about 40% of the snaps) and was really really bad this year. He was never great in the past, but this year he was just thrown around. It compares in many ways to Seattle getting Winfield to replace Trufant in the slot, expect Trufant probably performed better this year than did Issac. When Dorsey was rated as the #2 run stuffing end, and we bring him in to play both end and tackle on a contract much smaller than even Soap got, forgive me for being somewhat exciting and for seeing that for what it is: an upgrade.

As for the position, people forget that Soap never played NT until Fangio/Harbaugh got to the 49ers. It was tried in the past, but didn't work and so he always played DE in our 3-4, but because of the defensive scheme Fangio ran it worked out (for a while). Dorsey should be fine. He'll rotate with a guy the 49ers really like in Ian Williams.

Disp

Reaction score
Scottemojo":135flpa1 said:

The funny thing about so many Hawks fans here is apparently every player who left the Niners in free agency was some dynamic playmaker that can't easily be replaced. Don't get me wrong Scottemojo, like you, I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation for Goldson's future MMA career and I love watching his offseason workouts with no pads. Unfortunately he is a top 15-ish NFL safety who was over-valued and paid as if he were the best safety in the league because of his highlight reel hits. Of course the Niners would rather have retained Goldson than Whitner, but while neither are particularly good players, Whitner costs half as much per year. Whitner is also unlikely to be resigned after this season. The reality is Goldson was at highest, the 7'th best player on the 49ers defense. Hardly irreplaceable.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
look@dafilm":3uw7uxg7 said:
Spokane":3uw7uxg7 said:

What player are you watching? I live in Kansas City and have seen every game Dorsey played(if you want to call it that) and superior run stuffer he isn't. Ok at it? Yes but he's a stopgap at best not an upgrade so for the flyer the Ninners took for him it's a good money saving move nothing more.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2qvu32ia said:
look@dafilm":2qvu32ia said:
Spokane":2qvu32ia said:

What player are you watching? I live in Kansas City and have seen every game Dorsey played(if you want to call it that) and superior run stuffer he isn't. Ok at it? Yes but he's a stopgap at best not an upgrade so for the flyer the Ninners took for him it's a good money saving move nothing more.

Its ok, you're entitled to your opinion. I'll just take the word of experts who watch every snap of every game and leave them to do the judging as opposed the "expertise" of someone on an online forum. Bottom line, Dorsey was brought in to help shore up some gaps in our run defense because thats what he's good at.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2jw2ayf5 said:
look@dafilm":2jw2ayf5 said:
Spokane":2jw2ayf5 said:

Holy Smokes!!!

That isn't even close to what I said...LOL!!!

I said he was misused in KC. I said he'll be used differently in SF. I also said the 49ers are looking for something closer to the player he was in KC than the one he was in LSU. The niners aren't expecting the top 5 pick. They are expecting a good run defender to replace the once good run defender Isaac Sopoaga. These are all points that I made and you have convieniently left them out.

We don't expect him to suddenly become a penetrating sack artist of a DT/DE. I simply misspoke on the position he line up over in KC.

Dude...get off the high horse. Wow.

I essentially said EXACTLY what you said...but now you are trying to puff up your chest like you schooled me or something. Pathetic. If you are gonna try to make fun of someone for something they said, make sure they actually said it first. Sheesh.

As for Goldson....and I wish there were some Niner fans here who knew me from Niner forums....but I've never been a huge fan of Goldson. I'm not a fan of Whitner either and he's still on the roster. Will Reid be better than Gokldson THIS year? Doubtful. The hope is that he can be better in coverage than Goldson EVENTUALLY.

Goldson and Whitner are both excellent in run support. In coverage...not so much. Whitner gave up more passing TDs than any other safety last year. He seems completely incabable of covering good TEs. I'd rather have kept Goldson over Whitner, but not at the price TB paid him. Don't be surprised if the Niners let Whitner walk next year and draft ANOTHER safety high next year.