NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HansGruber":2vhlvaqt said:
tdlabrie":2vhlvaqt said:
There's something I just don't understand. Y'all are talking about how strong, or not, an anti-trust case would be. Seems to me I've read that "Hansen is not interested in pursuing a legal course of action."

So is this true? Is this smoke? Is this poker playing? Because if sale and relocation are both denied and he doesn't want to go to court, aren't we sunk?

Nope. But the NBA would sure love for you (and the Hansen and Maloof groups) to believe that.

The Seattle group isn't going to back down. They believe the sale will be approved and there is a rumor that they have heard from enough owners to support this theory. Hansen's group is hoping the owners will approve the sale or offer expansion so they don't have to go to court.

Don't listen to the media. They're the least knowledgeable of anyone when it comes to what's happening and what will happen in the future. In fact, much of what you're hearing is just propaganda coming straight from the NBA offices. Or it's just pure conjecture.

I've heard ridiculous reports that the Maloofs can't sue and could be forced to sell. Both points are blatantly false and such a statement shows a complete ignorance of the law. The NBA could move for dismissal of an antitrust suit based on any number of reasons, but whether that case is dismissed or not is up to the judge hearing the motion - and nobody knows how that would turn out because it's up to the judge, not the NBA. It's just as likely (if not more likely) that a judge would allow the case to continue. And even if the suit was dismissed, it could be appealed all the way up to the Supreme Court, just like what happened in the American Needle case.

I've also heard in the media that the owners are annoyed with Ballmer. How would anyone know that? And why would any owner be annoyed with Ballmer? The NBA might be annoyed with Ballmer and that would make sense, but the other owners?

The owners don't care about NBA politics. They are businessmen and their own business interests come first. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Ultimately, the owners will vote for whatever they feel will be best for their own interests. And it's hard to argue against the immediate boost in value that all NBA teams will experience if they approve a sale of the Kings for $625 million. If the Kings are worth that, what does that do for the top 16 markets? You're talking about hundreds of millions here.

So don't get too up or down based on what you're hearing here, in the media, or anywhere else. If you really want to feel better, just take peace knowing that the Seattle group is going to put up one hell of a fight and has no plans to back down. And that the Hansen group believes they have enough owner support to win a vote on the sale (based on what they have heard directly from the other owners).

I'm not saying I believe it, but the most convincing reason I've heard for the owners to keep the Kings away from HBN is that the Seattle arena deal will involve mostly the owners' $$ instead of public subidies, such as in Sac - the other owners supposedly don't want to establish this precedent.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":myfm9geu said:
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And since we didn't "kiss the ring" I doubt the nba will deal with the HBN group again.

Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
@HansGruber from the tweets by the Miami owner don't you think he seems a bit annoyed?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1lyim82x said:
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?

Jason Puckett of Seattle’s Sports Radio KJR said on Twitter: “George Maloof looked extremely tired and ready for the process to end. Looked like a beaten man.”

The other quote was something along the lines of "We've never said we wouldn't deal with sacramento, only we have a commitment to see this sale out."

http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... tle-group/
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 45105.html
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/541978 ... hnson.html

Pstark3

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":5ppjyimu said:
TheRealDTM":5ppjyimu said:
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And since we didn't "kiss the ring" I doubt the nba will deal with the HBN group again.

Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?
"@nickmonacelli: George Maloof told @BMayNews10 if Hansen sale is voted down, they would have to review Sac's #nbakings offer. Likely not over tomorrow."

Blitzer88

Reaction score
If the Maloofs start to waffle than we are in trouble.......them maintaining that they won't sell to the sac group was one of our biggest selling points.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":l3j9xn0y said:
Lords of Scythia":l3j9xn0y said:

Jason Puckett of Seattle’s Sports Radio KJR said on Twitter: “George Maloof looked extremely tired and ready for the process to end. Looked like a beaten man.”

The other quote was something along the lines of "We've never said we wouldn't deal with sacramento, only we have a commitment to see this sale out."

None of those links provided any information not already known. In fact, one was linked directly to the sacramento bloggers speculative article.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1kto2494 said:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.
What does this even mean?

Are you honestly believing all the Sac BS that says Hansen is a bully?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Pstark3":364hqety said:
CurryStopstheRuns":364hqety said:
TheRealDTM":364hqety said:

"@nickmonacelli: George Maloof told @BMayNews10 if Hansen sale is voted down, they would have to review Sac's #nbakings offer. Likely not over tomorrow."

Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":18wusjpz said:
Lords of Scythia":18wusjpz said:

Because the Maloofs can NOT come out say anything about the Sac deal. The source close to them already made their intentions very clear.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2zxjc10b said:
Pstark3":2zxjc10b said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2zxjc10b said:

Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1tld1reu said:
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.

If we ever find out the blazers vote for Sacramento it would seriously affect my seahawks fandom.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Blitzer88":33udf715 said:

Puckett quoted McLoughlin as saying he "doesn't know" how it will turn out. Then said the same thing when he was on with Softy, I'm almost positive that's a misquote/misprint by Daniels.

Status
Not open for further replies.