NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":nb0nqny1 said:
TheRealDTM":nb0nqny1 said:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.
Still wondering what the heck this means

They didn't kiss Stern's ass the way the Sac group did and include them on every detail and movement, is what it means. Basically saying that Stern's ego is once again playing a big role because Hansen didn't treat him the way he thinks he should be treated

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":aadteh4a said:
CurryStopstheRuns":aadteh4a said:
Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.

This still means nothing to me. It is sacramento spin from a sacramento reporter. Posting the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":25spl6nv said:
Hawkfan77":25spl6nv said:
TheRealDTM":25spl6nv said:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.
Still wondering what the heck this means

They didn't kiss Stern's ass the way the Sac group did and include them on every detail and movement, is what it means. Basically saying that Stern's ego is once again playing a big role because Hansen didn't treat him the way he thinks he should be treated
According to Mitch this morning, everything HBN has done they've received the OK from the league and other owners. But the fact that Stern disclosed everything with Sac is where the lawsuit can come in play, which is an entirely different point...

But this is why Ballmer was so upset after the relo committee vote because they have done everything WITH the league. He felt betrayed

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":14cyp8ws said:
TheRealDTM":14cyp8ws said:
CurryStopstheRuns":14cyp8ws said:
Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.

This still means nothing to me. It is sacramento spin from a sacramento reporter. Posting the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group

I asked George why they agreed to 20% backup offer. "It's a way for them (H/B) to get into the league."

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1p3ntcd3 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1p3ntcd3 said:
TheRealDTM":1p3ntcd3 said:

I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group

Can you link to the interview please?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":265p7rsm said:
CurryStopstheRuns":265p7rsm said:
TheRealDTM":265p7rsm said:

https://twitter.com/BMayNews10

Yes I understand this is twitter.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3pw9fr7z said:

Right now is the exact time when you should NOT take quotes as honesty. I'm not reading anything into that quote because it's a PC answer to a question. The Maloofs made their intentions very clear when their source "leaked" that they would not sell to Sac.

Maloofs also reiterated that they are behind Chris Hansen 100%, why are you ignoring that quote?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1qt87ls7 said:
TheRealDTM":1qt87ls7 said:

Right now is the exact time when you should NOT take quotes as honesty. I'm not reading anything into that quote because it's a PC answer to a question. The Maloofs made their intentions very clear when their source "leaked" that they would not sell to Sac.

Maloofs also reiterated that they are behind Chris Hansen 100%, why are you ignoring that quote?

I'm not, they are 100% committed to seeing the Hansen sale through. They are saying if both sales are denied they will review the Sacramento offer. Maloofs only care about Maloofs, people are thinking they are going to support us/sue, it's just not going to happen. (the last sentence is my opinion)

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1jsy5ji2 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1jsy5ji2 said:
TheRealDTM":1jsy5ji2 said:

https://twitter.com/BMayNews10

Yes I understand this is twitter.[/quote]

I requested a link to the interview, not a twitter account that has KJ as their background picture.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":26tmh7j3 said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.

How's it bad??

To me that's good, but then again Im already prepared for them to be turned down and HBN to take these foo's to court.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1n5zvwtj said:
Hawkfan77":1n5zvwtj said:
TheRealDTM":1n5zvwtj said:

I'm not, they are 100% committed to seeing the Hansen sale through. They are saying if both sales are denied they will review the Sacramento offer. Maloofs only care about Maloofs, people are thinking they are going to support us/sue, it's just not going to happen. (the last sentence is my opinion)
It has nothing to do with their support for us. It has everything to do with not wanting to be forced to accept a low ball offer more than 65+ million less than what's currently on the table. You think the Maloofs will say, "well we tried Chris but that offer for 65+ million less sure looks appealing" because I don't. I think 65+ million is worth fighting the NBA over. They would never sue the NBA out of obligation to Hansen, they will sue the NBA to get that 65+ million that they NBA is preventing them from receiving.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2ls4dtrs said:
I requested a link to the interview, not a twitter account that has KJ as their background picture.

Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":38r7tb04 said:
Blitzer88":38r7tb04 said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.

How's it bad??

To me that's good, but then again Im already prepared for them to be turned down and HBN to take these foo's to court.
Me too! <cue the people's court theme music>

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2h33wbru said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2h33wbru said:

Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.

Gramps? What an idiotic post. You have no idea what my age is. This post to me is as speculative as your twitter link. The guy has an obvious bias in this situation. Just because you are told to swallow it does not mean that you cannot spit.

pinksheets

Reaction score
The NBA, or Stern's part of it, are trying to float out the narrative that Hansen, Ballmer, and the Maloofs are trying to extort and bully the NBA into going their way. By saying that a Sacramento offer hasn't been completely disregarded nor would it be in the future could very well be an indication of them caving in the long run, but it's just as likely a tone setting message that HBN and the Maloofs are focused on how strong their deal is, and now being "bullies".

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1oz7ppwv said:
TheRealDTM":1oz7ppwv said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1oz7ppwv said:

Gramps? What an idiotic post. You have no idea what my age is. This post to me is as speculative as your twitter link. The guy has an obvious bias in this situation. Just because you are told to swallow it does not mean that you cannot spit.

You are arguing that the interview never took place, because he has a sacramento bias. You are arguing this reporter misreported quotes because he's from Sacramento, and obviously reporters in sacramento can't be trusted to copy a quote to their phone.

Everyone is going to have a different interpretation of the quote, and you're free to feel encouraged by it, but to say it's a false quote because you don't want to hear it is silly.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3i7sjwf5 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3i7sjwf5 said:
TheRealDTM":3i7sjwf5 said:

You are arguing that the interview never took place, because he has a sacramento bias. You are arguing this reporter misreported quotes because he's from Sacramento, and obviously reporters in sacramento can't be trusted to copy a quote to their phone.

Everyone is going to have a different interpretation of the quote, and you're free to feel encouraged by it, but to say it's a false quote because you don't want to hear it is silly.

You are arguing hearsay, squirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.