NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds like Chris Hansen posted a letter on Sonicsarena.com indicating he is in for the duration and that he is talking to the NBA about possible expansion and or if other options become available ie Bucks and Bobcats is what the guys on KJR summized. Also said he is continueing to work the arena situation to get the last of the hurdles closed up.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't see any justification for twisted sarcasm in this instance. It was just a stupid thing to feel or say...

This is one of the few times I've read something on the internet and its gotten an emotional reaction out of me.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am sure the thread will get cleaned up. No way should the despicable act of a few be used as justification for cheering the loss of life of innocents.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Hansens statement is very relevant, it means he's in for the long haul, it means that his team is still working the issues on both expansion and looking at other struggleing teams, it means he will continue to work arena issues and with politicians so that the MOU doesn't lapse and need to be re started. It means once something breaks were all in again rather then speculation of maybe Seattle may want to get involved. All this is important and significant for the next opportunity,keeping the good graces of the NBA going as well and not having to reprove that our ownership group is vested and acceptable.

Pstark3

Reaction score
@JasonPuckettKJR
Phil Jackson went a step further on the @dpshow today : I had an agreement with Chris Hansen for a role in the organization.

man....

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Pstark3":1oki0ohd said:
@JasonPuckettKJR
Phil Jackson went a step further on the @dpshow today : I had an agreement with Chris Hansen for a role in the organization.

man....

Thanks again NBA..............smh

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Salt on wound...

Jackson did admit that he had an agreement with Chris Hansen, the prospective owner of a Seattle-based franchise, to take any job in the organization that he wanted. Hansen lost his bid to relocate the Sacramento Kings to Seattle.

"I thought [Hansen] was dynamic," Jackson said during the interview. "I thought he had great ideas. He went through the whole process of getting the arena. He did everything right except win the franchise, but his vision I could buy into. I think he had the right vision for a team.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...ays-best-offer-was-brooklyn-nets-coaching-job

Pstark3

Reaction score
Can't wait until Hansen owns the sonics. Dude is gonna be such an incredible owner.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Jessamyn McIntyre ‏@JessamynESPN 9m
Kevin Calabro, quoting a high-ranking TV Sports executive, hears #NBA will return to Seattle in 24 months, quicker than previously thought

pinksheets

Reaction score
If the TV exec had said he doesn't see the NBA returning to Seattle until 2042 you'd take it as gospel and be breaking down right now, though. :141847_bnono:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pinksheets":2es0x5x0 said:
Jessamyn McIntyre ‏@JessamynESPN 9m
Kevin Calabro, quoting a high-ranking TV Sports executive, hears #NBA will return to Seattle in 24 months, quicker than previously thought
funny...I gave my coworker a 24 month time frame for a return

Status
Not open for further replies.