Most over-rated NFL players

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
look@dafilm":wqudh5sp said:
I just find it funny that both Aldon and Kaep are on here.

Uh, no they're not. Go back and look at the opening post. Here's a refresher: Kearly's list from 5th to 1st is:

Patrick Peterson
Eric Berry
Chris Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald (With an asterisk and long explanation.)
Andrew Luck

Don't insert people's random thread comments into Kearly's list.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2laqqgvg said:
look@dafilm":2laqqgvg said:
I just find it funny that both Aldon and Kaep are on here.

Uh, no they're not. Go back and look at the opening post. Here's a refresher: Kearly's list from 5th to 1st is:

Patrick Peterson
Eric Berry
Chris Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald (With an asterisk and long explanation.)
Andrew Luck

Don't insert people's random thread comments into Kearly's list.

I know they aren't, I was mocking those that think that they should :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't wish injury on Justin Smith, but I'd like to see a 2-3 game stretch with him not playing and Aldon Smith at 100% to evaluate. Convenient timing for an injury that he ended up playing through the rest of the season with in terms of Justin Smith also going out at the same time. Justin Smith's regular double-teams help Aldon Smith out quite a bit, there's no denying that. How much is the real question.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jl0bc85 said:
I don't wish injury on Justin Smith, but I'd like to see a 2-3 game stretch with him not playing and Aldon Smith at 100% to evaluate. Convenient timing for an injury that he ended up playing through the rest of the season with in terms of Justin Smith also going out at the same time. Justin Smith's regular double-teams help Aldon Smith out quite a bit, there's no denying that. How much is the real question.

You might be one of the most rational Seahawk fan posters on here. A lot of us Niner fans are also curious to see how good Aldon is without Justin when he is not injured like he was last year. We just aren't in a hurry to find out. ;)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Thanks; and haha, I bet you're not in a hurry to find out, indeed. I wouldn't be, either. I can't figure Aldon Smith out. He could go either way for me; he could be very overrated, or he could be damned good. I'll tell you who the most underrated player on your team is even though he gets a lot of respect, in my opinion, however. Justin Smith. Dude goes out and not only does your pass rush significantly degrade, but your secondary does too, though not as severely. What he does for your defense is quite impressive. Thankfully, he's getting older. :devil:

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tnkvghp2 said:
Thanks; and haha, I bet you're not in a hurry to find out, indeed. I wouldn't be, either. I can't figure Aldon Smith out. He could go either way for me; he could be very overrated, or he could be damned good. I'll tell you who the most underrated player on your team is even though he gets a lot of respect, in my opinion, however. Justin Smith. Dude goes out and not only does your pass rush significantly degrade, but your secondary does too, though not as severely. What he does for your defense is quite impressive. Thankfully, he's getting older. :devil:

Yes he is getting older, but with Harbaugh we know he will have us set before Justin declines.

FYI...it won't be next year. ;)

Subzero717

Reaction score
NinerLifer":gugk5q6y said:
RolandDeschain":gugk5q6y said:

You might be one of the most rational Seahawk fan posters on here. A lot of us Niner fans are also curious to see how good Aldon is without Justin when he is not injured like he was last year. We just aren't in a hurry to find out. ;)

And you're probably the most irrational Niner fans on this board. Jacking Rolands junk and his ego is a brilliant play. He loves that shirt. You were obviously out muscled in the wits game vs Roland. We are all for the most part as rational and knowledgeable just don't have the same desire to go back and forth with you.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think Aldon Smith is over-rated. When Smith declined late in the season, people were quick to note the reasons. If people were putting Smith on the same tier as JJ Watt, that would be one thing, but that hasn't happened. Hype-wise, people have basically regarded Smith as being a productive pass rusher but not an elite one. I think that's a fair assessment.

I don't think Kaepernick is over-rated for the same reason. Nobody is anointing him king of anything. People see the warts.

I have no idea why anyone with half a brain would think Wilson is over-rated. He just had arguably the best rookie season in NFL history and is still shooting upward. And yet NFL players think he's just the 11th best quarterback (behind Andrew Luck). He makes the under-rated list, not the over-rated one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2xpitu9n said:
And you're probably the most irrational Niner fans on this board. Jacking Rolands junk and his ego is a brilliant play. He loves that shirt. You were obviously out muscled in the wits game vs Roland. We are all for the most part as rational and knowledgeable just don't have the same desire to go back and forth with you.

Reading into things a bit much, don't you think?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NinerLifer":28fiuul9 said:
Sarlacc83":28fiuul9 said:
I feel like Aldon Smith is going to be on this list very soon if he doesn't belong there already.

You are aware that it has been revealed that Aldon suffered an injury the same game that Justin got injured right? And that he continued to play with his injury the rest of the season right? Which also explains why he didn't record another sack after getting injured.

No Justin Smith explains it - and 49ers fans know this. It's been rehashed enough on this board.