Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1qioye11 said:
Ok. BFS, what about the NO road trip for MNF?

First things first, but I wouldn't rule it out, personally. Gotta do something between Houston and Indy.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Last question before I pull the trigger. Regarding tickets, are we solo on that of is anyone working on any type of group seating?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":fo56hnd8 said:
Last question before I pull the trigger. Regarding tickets, are we solo on that of is anyone working on any type of group seating?

I am researching now. Talking to reps in Seattle and Houston. If that fails we can try to get a big block of tickets in same section via StubHub but everyone will have to buy their own. In the past both Matt and I have fronted the money for others and it can be a real pain in the ass when people back out or are slow to pay.

We will figure it out, though. For sure.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1rlalveq said:
LudwigsDrummer":1rlalveq said:

I am researching now. Talking to reps in Seattle and Houston. If that fails we can try to get a big block of tickets in same section via StubHub but everyone will have to buy their own. In the past both Matt and I have fronted the money for others and it can be a real pain in the ass when people back out or are slow to pay.

We will figure it out, though. For sure.
Great and thanks. I will stand by ready to pay for tix at a moments notice.

A

Anonymous

So, are y'all going to be flying in on Saturday afternoon so that we can all get together on Saturday night?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HoustonHawk:

We should DEFINITELY plan a Saturday night get together. In the past, most people have flown in on Friday afternoons and we would just make a three day weekend of it.

Others would show up on Saturday and join the crowd. To each their own, but its safe to say those of us in town will be getting together Saturday afternoon/evening/night.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":w9bk3r6o said:
So, are y'all going to be flying in on Saturday afternoon so that we can all get together on Saturday night?

You have any recommendations for a nice, big sports bar where we can all gather and watch some college football and sling suds??

A

Anonymous

FlyingGreg":29snz151 said:
HoustonHawk82":29snz151 said:

You have any recommendations for a nice, big sports bar where we can all gather and watch some college football and sling suds??

Most definitely. There are numerous options for well-equipped sports bars and what we call "Ice Houses" with live music and excellent food options. There are also live "entertainment" venues that will impress, should there be interest in that sort of thing.

I am happy to organize a gathering spot which will prove worthy of the occasion. All I will need is a number of bodies and a general consensus regarding a preferred ambiance.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3jmax3bt said:
FlyingGreg":3jmax3bt said:
HoustonHawk82":3jmax3bt said:

Most definitely. There are numerous options for well-equipped sports bars and what we call "Ice Houses" with live music and excellent food options. There are also live "entertainment" venues that will impress, should there be interest in that sort of thing.

I am happy to organize a gathering spot which will prove worthy of the occasion. All I will need is a number of bodies and a general consensus regarding a preferred ambiance.

Outstanding...thanks!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Flight arriving Saturday afternoon from Seattle...confirmed
Hotel Crown Plaza room...confirmed
Car rental...confirmed

RockHawk

Reaction score
I'm booked, hot air & all, at the Crowne Plaza. May have to be a quick trip in saturday night and out sunday after the game, but I commited to Leif that I would go, and I will. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RockHawk":3qw2sztj said:
I'm booked, hot air & all, at the Crowne Plaza. May have to be a quick trip in saturday night and out sunday after the game, but I commited to Leif that I would go, and I will. Looking forward to it.

HELL, YES! The BOSS is IN!

A

Anonymous

bestfightstory":3q09womv said:
RockHawk":3q09womv said:

HELL, YES! The BOSS is IN!

Sweeeet!

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
So...... How much are people willing to spend on a ticket for the game?

I need to get an idea of what our range is.

NYCoug

Reaction score
bestfightstory":26a130rk said:

I'm good with what everyone else decides. Seeing as how the Colts game group tix were 61, and great group seats for the Rams is 104... I'm guessing for Houston it'd be a little bit more expensive maybe for awesome seats, like $120 (Edit: $150)? Or we could just find solid seats for cheaper, maybe around 85-90? (Cheapest available on Stubhub right now are $82.50, FYI) I'd say 85-150 is a decent expected range for people? Willing to spend more though. Like I said, whatever the group decides is cool with me. I've already got 2 friends of mine that are interested in attending as well. Should be a great crowd!

Subzero717

Reaction score
Booking this weekend.

I am willing to go $150.00. If the consensus goes hire I'm in but I think thsts a decent ceiling for good seats.

NYCoug

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3gjx7igf said:
Booking this weekend.

I am willing to go $150.00. If the consensus goes hire I'm in but I think thsts a decent ceiling for good seats.

This sounds about right. I definitely low-balled on my ceiling. I've definitely paid more for decent seats haha but again, I'll pay whatever it takes!

NoChops

Reaction score
NYCoug":3uf2xjw3 said:
bestfightstory":3uf2xjw3 said:

I'm good with what everyone else decides. Seeing as how the Colts game group tix were 61, and great group seats for the Rams is 104... I'm guessing for Houston it'd be a little bit more expensive maybe for awesome seats, like $120 (Edit: $150)? Or we could just find solid seats for cheaper, maybe around 85-90? (Cheapest available on Stubhub right now are $82.50, FYI) I'd say 85-150 is a decent expected range for people? Willing to spend more though. Like I said, whatever the group decides is cool with me. I've already got 2 friends of mine that are interested in attending as well. Should be a great crowd!

I like these numbers, but I haven't seen a game live since the kingdome so I don't know what is realistic. I wouldn't blink at anything under a buck fifty.

Latest posts