Sounders Season Thread - Sigi is STAYING

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
That was probably the most ridiculous red card I have ever seen. Hopefully there is some sort od repercussion against the referee for that poor call.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":18vkelfh said:
Salazar with a bad call...you don't say....

thats a ref simply waiting to find a reason for a red card.... which makes him a poor ref

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MLS needs to fine or suspend for this to reign him in a bit. The announcers mentioned that he has already disqualified at least five Sounders already this season. As a Sounders fan this upsets me. As a soccer fan this infuriates me. There was no malice in Martins movements yet the referee treats him like Suh.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Yeah, that red card was nonsense.

How about the own goal? Haha, that was probably the greatest I've ever seen.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
razgriz737":9kpa1biv said:
How about the own goal? Haha, that was probably the greatest I've ever seen.

I would have agreed with you had I not just finished watching the US vs. Germany match.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
In said game Sounders CM Brad Evans played a marvelous game at RB for the nats. There is talk of him starting our next qualifier....which would be awesome.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smurf":173i5o1u said:
In said game Sounders CM Brad Evans played a marvelous game at RB for the nats. There is talk of him starting our next qualifier....which would be awesome.

Agreed. Evans played outrageously well in today's match against the Germans.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Good win by the Sounders despite the terrible red card call. We need to be more consistent!!

rightbench

Reaction score
We need players. Should hold open tryouts for the game against the whitecaps. What is that ... 6 starters we'll be without:

Johnson, Martins, Alonso, Evans, Martinez, who am I missing.

(is Rosales still out?) (is Yedlin on U-23 duty?

Goodness let's play 11 defenders and hope for the best

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
I love me some brad Evans. Going to get a hero's welcome Tuesday.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Great to see Brad Evans making an impact on USNT. US and Panama game is going to be pivotal in the World cup qualifiers. Whoever wins has an inside track. Should be exciting.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Great victory by the Sounders this eveving. Showed some moxie to come back for a postive result.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Fredy Montero is reportedly on his way to Portugal to join Sporting Lisbon.....who are calling him the next Falcao.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Smurf":3o4uz81q said:
Fredy Montero is reportedly on his way to Portugal to join Sporting Lisbon.....who are calling him the next Falcao.

He couldn't lace Falcao's boots lol. I don't think he has been missed too much this season. Neagle, Martins and Johnson have done well when Neagle plays with one of Martins/Johnson.

Midfield has been our problem. Mainly due to Alonso being injured.

Casper

Reaction score
Just got back from the Vancouver game. That was ugly all around, at least from what I saw. Then I read Sigi's comments who said he thought the team played well. Maybe I missed something from the stands? Perhaps I had a one track focus at my despise of Shalrie Joseph?

Also, I think that was our first loss in Vancouver, it was interesting to see how differently the fans finally treated us visitors. I've been there for all 3 away games now. I don't care that I get some grief wearing sounders colors in enemy territory, but it had a Portland'ish type feel to this game after, which was probably deserved after the way ECS was acting in there. Just a weird vibe all night, from the usual General Admission/Assigned seat drama, to ECS getting in the faces and screaming at other fans for not cheering (sorry, I paid to watch the game and do what I want there, so to the guy who got about 2 inches from my face calling me a PU**** for not supporting my team, screw you.) to being held extra long in the stadium. Just wasn't quite the same experience. But, hats off to Vancouver and especially the GK, some nice saves for sure.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders are terrible in set pieces this year. I haven't seen any improvement from game 1 this year in that regard. Also their defense is extremely inconsistent. One game they are lights out, the next....well, terrible seems to be too good of word to describe it.

I believe this is the worst I've seen Schmid manage the team since he's been here. He needs to stop changing the lineup each game. He needs to let his A-players start and play. Joseph is slow and to boot awful. He needs to plant his arse on the bench and keep him there. Hopefully Alonso comes back soon. Team is much different with him in there.