Second favorite team

hawker84

Reaction score
Back in the AFC days hate to say it but 49ers... Now that we're in the same division, any team playing them...

muxpux

Reaction score
growing up in a depressing seahawks era, i found myself rooting for the bills a lot. LOVED their early-mid 90's teams. so id like to see them do well again.

KK84

Reaction score
Mine used to be Green Bay. After last years collective temper tantrum by fan and player alike, I can no longer stand them. Especially that discount doubledoucheface.

kearly

Reaction score
Probably the Cardinals because they were the lovable losers of the old NFC before they were the lovable losers of the new NFC. Hard not to root for an underdog, and two decent seasons aside, they've been the underdog every year.

I also like the Packers (strong Seahawks ties plus one of my better friends is a Packers fan from Wisconsin), Patriots (Tom Brady is awesome, Belichick is a character), Broncos (love Peyton Manning and have tons of friends who are Bronco fans from Colorado), Titans (Locker), Jaguars (Bradley plus I still remember the Brunell days), Dolphins (GM has issues, but I like a lot of the players he's drafted, it's a team that is rising despite his incompetence in other areas) and Saints (Brees, Payton, Loomis (Loomis has strong Seahawks ties) are all class acts and all very good at what they do). I guess I'm starting to like the Bengals too. They've drafted very well in recent years and they are basically the closest thing the AFC has to offer in terms of having a Seahawks type team that is young, physical, and on the upswing.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Why not cheer for mediocrity and disappointment?

Unless they're playing the Hawks, I tend to hope every underdog wins (unless that is the Cowboys or Steelers).

It means I'm often rather sad at the end of a weekend. I should change my ways...

NinerBuff

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":37iymkmz said:
Non-applicable. 100% Seahawks, 0% every other team.

I don't understand rooting for another team... I obviously want my fantasy players to put up huge stats, but I don't want any other team to win.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I have never had 'another team'. For awhile, when I was very young, I tried to like the Dolphins as well as the Seahawks because my father had a tryout with them and competed against Larry Csonka for the tailback position when they were both rookies.

But that never stuck. It was forced and a passing flirtation.

Typically, the eighties and nineties, when the Seahawks season was over, so was football for me. The playoffs might as well have been women's motocross. It just didn't resonate with me. It just didn't matter. The Seahawks season was over=football season is over.

For the last decade or and a half, I've noticed i have shifted slightly. I'm still the kid who would trade a Tony Dorsett rookie card for the Seahawks OLineman that I didn't have. I still don't have anything that one could call a 'second favorite' but I have at times identified teams/organizations whose style or moxie or identity I respect. The kind of team I would want to be a part of as a player. OR a team who i imagine plays with the kind of heart of a Chad Brown, Ricky Watters, Kenny Easley. OR a team that is facing a long uphill battle.

So at times I have watched Buddy Ryan's Eagles-That DLINE!! Fisher's Titans or the Ravens of McCrary and Adams and Lewis or the Bucs when they rose from the depths. But never with my heart always with my head.

And the thing about now? With Allen and Carroll and Schneider and Wilson and Marshawn and Red and Kam and BB and Rice and Harvin and Breno and Unger and all the rest is the team that exemplifies the kind of football I want the Seahawks to play is the kind of team the Seahawks ARE.

So now? 37 years in. Houston is a cool team. I like Foster and Andre. I like the aggression of their defense. Cincy gets my underdog vote and I hope they crush Pittsburg. But none of their victories will give me real pleasure. More of a "oh, that's cool" response.

It's all about the Seahawks. Like it always has been.

cacksman

Reaction score
Whoever is playing the 49ers or any other NFC team that is in the playoff race with Seattle.

vant

Reaction score
Eagles.

Because I think Chip Kelly is a revolutionary coach.

His no huddle offense is a beauty to watch, and makes football that much more exciting.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Scrolling down, I was getting mad at the douche who posted the giant picture that stretched the screen.

...having now reached that picture, I'm not mad anymore. :)

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I lived in the bay area until i was 10 and remember rooting for the Raiders. My brothers are 9er fans and I think I wanted to be different I guess. I also liked the (old) Raiders tough rep. They would be my second. I also enjoyed watching the underdog Browns last year. I am another guy that likes to root for the underdog.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
What ever team I have the most fantasy players on. Last year it was the Vikes. Harvin, Peterson and the Kicker.

I really don't have a second favorite team, but root for certain players... ie this year I will be supporting the Chiefs, as I have always had a soft spot for Alex Smith (Utah Ute)

I will also be rooting for the Jags (Bradley) and the Raiders (Flynn)