Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tacoma's got more gang crime in the average city block than the whole Tukwila/Burien/Renton area combined, practically. People make jokes about that area being the ghetto, but it's not a ghetto. Not even close. You want to see ghetto, go to east L.A. or get off the loop in Chicago at night in the right (wrong, lol) areas.

A bunch of nervous rich housewives being scared of the Tukwila/Burien/Renton area does not a ghetto make.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LOL, this is awesome for those of us that are fans of the show Dexter:

k40.png

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":2ld87kuf said:
From this article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ble-murder

The working theory, according to the Globe, is that Odin Lloyd -- the man Hernandez is charged with killing -- may have had information about Hernandez's role in the double murders.

Pure speculation but Hernandez stated that you can't trust nobody before he allegedly went and killed Lloyd. So to me the question is if Lloyd was talking to the police, Lloyd's gf knew that he was (who I guess is friends / sister with Hernandez's gf which is how he found out). This would also explain the text - I am with NFL - as in if something happens to me tell the police I went with Hernandez

maybe I am reading to much into it but it really seems like a logical path to how things went to where they went. A whole lot more logical than my buddy talked to someone in a bar last week that I don't like so now at 2.30am I am going to go kill him and then later smash the security system instead of turning it off.

I think it's possible that the people he was talking to in the club may have been acquaintances of the people who were wounded or the 2 that died. Supposedly Loyd was talking to a "group that Aaron had a beef with."

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anybody have a link to the pats boards? (please no lemon party links, I'm on my work machine).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1j6sdbit said:
Tacoma's got more gang crime in the average city block than the whole Tukwila/Burien/Renton area combined, practically. People make jokes about that area being the ghetto, but it's not a ghetto. Not even close. You want to see ghetto, go to east L.A. or get off the loop in Chicago at night in the right (wrong, lol) areas.

A bunch of nervous rich housewives being scared of the Tukwila/Burien/Renton area does not a ghetto make.
It always cracks me up when people are like "OMG!" When I say I'm from Tacoma. It's not that bad and hasn't been for years. I was actually talking the other day about how other cities should follow Tacoma's model of cleaning up the city. The two worst areas, Salishan and Hilltop are no longer the gang-infested areas they once were. The neighborhoods now boast new homes, new schools, and good businesses.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
-The Glove-":r658oioz said:
RolandDeschain":r658oioz said:

It always cracks me up when people are like "OMG!" When I say I'm from Tacoma. It's not that bad and hasn't been for years. I was actually talking the other day about how other cities should follow Tacoma's model of cleaning up the city. The two worst areas, Salishan and Hilltop are no longer the gang-infested areas they once were. The neighborhoods now boast new homes, new schools, and good businesses.
They cleaned up the HIlltop? Good for them.

drdiags

Reaction score
CPHawk":1jsy3sli said:
Crazy two brothers can grow up in the same environment, yet one becomes a principal and the other a thug.

Guess he was a Sr when his dad died

Hernandez, 23, negotiated a narrow path to such luxurious living. Born and raised in Bristol, Conn., a two-hour commute from his current home, Hernandez excelled as a prep star at Bristol Central High, establishing several state receiving records before losing his father, Dennis, to complications from hernia surgery. The roots of Hernandez’s unraveling begin there, by most accounts, but can be traced through his time in Florida and in his first three seasons as a Patriot. Coaches, ranging from Geno Auriemma in AAU, to Urban Meyer in Gainesville, Fla., and now Bill Belichick, have gotten the most out of him on the basketball court and football field, but many also expressed concern about his behavior and maturity as he won a college title and played in a Super Bowl.

“I couldn’t be happier with where I am now and how it worked out,” Hernandez said at Media Day leading up to the Super Bowl in February of 2012. “This is a dream come true.”

Darker days preceded that gilded run. Hernandez was a nightmare for his mother in light of his father’s death, which occurred before senior year in high school.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... z2XSZnJXKt

Looking for the article about his brother ...

EDIT: My recollections stink to high heaven. What is happening to that once sharp mind I had?

New England tight end Aaron Hernandez, who has been embroiled in the homicide investigation of a semi-pro football player, is the brother of Iowa graduate assistant and tight ends coach DJ Hernandez.

http://hawkcentral.com/2013/06/25/h...er-is-embattled-patriots-tight-end-hernandez/

Seanhawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":1p3r5yp8 said:
drdiags":1p3r5yp8 said:
Hawknballs":1p3r5yp8 said:
then again the question is always the same, where's his father?

Pops unexpectedly died from an illness when Hernandez was in his early teens and his older brother was just about done with High school. His brother has gone on to be a HS Principal or dean at some small college. Aaron took the troubled kid path. Doesn't justify his actions but since you asked, that is what I read when all this began hitting the fan.

Crazy two brothers can grow up in the same environment, yet one becomes a principal and the other a thug.

Their paths diverged ALMOST as much as Cliff and Chris Paul.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drdiags":2zmtacvi said:
CPHawk":2zmtacvi said:

Guess he was a Sr when his dad died

Hernandez, 23, negotiated a narrow path to such luxurious living. Born and raised in Bristol, Conn., a two-hour commute from his current home, Hernandez excelled as a prep star at Bristol Central High, establishing several state receiving records before losing his father, Dennis, to complications from hernia surgery. The roots of Hernandez’s unraveling begin there, by most accounts, but can be traced through his time in Florida and in his first three seasons as a Patriot. Coaches, ranging from Geno Auriemma in AAU, to Urban Meyer in Gainesville, Fla., and now Bill Belichick, have gotten the most out of him on the basketball court and football field, but many also expressed concern about his behavior and maturity as he won a college title and played in a Super Bowl.

“I couldn’t be happier with where I am now and how it worked out,” Hernandez said at Media Day leading up to the Super Bowl in February of 2012. “This is a dream come true.”

Darker days preceded that gilded run. Hernandez was a nightmare for his mother in light of his father’s death, which occurred before senior year in high school.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... z2XSZnJXKt

Looking for the article about his brother ...

EDIT: My recollections stink to high heaven. What is happening to that once sharp mind I had?

New England tight end Aaron Hernandez, who has been embroiled in the homicide investigation of a semi-pro football player, is the brother of Iowa graduate assistant and tight ends coach DJ Hernandez.

http://hawkcentral.com/2013/06/25/h...er-is-embattled-patriots-tight-end-hernandez/
Sounds like DJ is not shocked and kind of knew one day he'd get this news. He had to have known what his brother was capable of.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35nwrm51 said:
Interesting, Tukwila and Burien both have higher overall crime rates than Tacoma, now. Tacoma has really improved in the last year or two.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Ta ... ngton.html

Tukwila,Burien,Renton have nothing, most people there either false claim or rep CD/South end. I would say the south end is what most people would consider the "hood". South end as stated before as Rainer Beach, New Holly, Skyway, etc. (south seattle area).

And yeah, any area in Washington is definitely not even close to as ghetto/dangerous as south central, south chicago, east oakland, detroit, etc.

pinksheets

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35sn0y6s said:
Interesting, Tukwila and Burien both have higher overall crime rates than Tacoma, now. Tacoma has really improved in the last year or two.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Ta ... ngton.html
There are areas in Burien that are a bit sketchy, but as someone who has grown up here and been all around, I've never been in an area of any town around here where I felt unsafe. Besides Aaron Hernandez Boulevard in Ballard.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wait wait wait, that double homicide is looking more and more like Hernandez was involved? this dude was really about that life, what in the hell!

Throwdown

Reaction score
-The Glove-":ovsovxid said:
RolandDeschain":ovsovxid said:

Nope not at all, I haven't been afraid of driving through Hilltop late at night in years now, the Police really cracked down on the gang problem there, now if they could handle Lakewood all would be alright. Spanaway, since I work there never really took off, but you do see the colors being flown. Lakewood/Steilacoom/Tillacum, and this little area not too far from a gate into Fort Lewis are not where you want to be at night though, they've cracked down, but some nights its like you're driving through a walking dead scene.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Throwdown":11qu8t4q said:
-The Glove-":11qu8t4q said:
RolandDeschain":11qu8t4q said:

Nope not at all, I haven't been afraid of driving through Hilltop late at night in years now, the Police really cracked down on the gang problem there, now if they could handle Lakewood all would be alright. Spanaway, since I work there never really took off, but you do see the colors being flown. Lakewood/Steilacoom/Tillacum, and this little area not too far from a gate into Fort Lewis are not where you want to be at night though, they've cracked down, but some nights its like you're driving through a walking dead scene.

Chocolate city still the spot in Lakewood?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
IMO the 'third' guy in this group that killed Lloyd is working with the cops, probably even made the decision to turn himself in before that night was even over after realizing what happens to anyone who crosses hernandez.

Hernandez was a suspect from the start but they didn't name him one to start the investigation so that they could see what hernandez did and who he contacted while knowing he was in danger of being found out, after hearing from this informant that Hernandez has been involved in other incidents.

I think they must have some really strong evidence (such as this informant, and more) since they are so willing to quickly assign another double-murder to hernandez without worrying about the repercussions of diminishing his character if they are wrong. This evidence hasn't come out yet due to protecting the informant from Hernandez' other associates, and because they already know what is already available knowledge, Hernandez would be denied bail without it.

Innocent until proven guilty, but I think Hernandez isn't too far away from seeing a lifetime of sharing a 7x10 with a buddy who will be taking over for Tom Brady tossing him some balls.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Never really heard of eastern Washington having a lot of gang related activity, but I would conisder the "south end" (South Seattle/Rainer Beach/New Holly/Skyway) to be the most gang infested. Tacoma is a big one too.

South Seattle isn't even that bad anymore, as the area has become gentrified more and more of the criminals are heading to Kent/Tukwila

I'm surprised you haven't heard of gang activity in Eastern Washington -- lots of Hispanic gangs out there. It's not all African-American gangs.