Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...

TriCHawk

Reaction score
There's tons of gang crap in the Yakima Valley (Sunnyside, Toppenish, Grandview, etc). They're always finding bodies out there.

largenutz

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is the majority of gang violence is not something the media reports anymore. I think the police and majority of the public really dont care what happens in the poorer neighborhoods, so you rarerly hear about shootings n such on the news unless someone totally innocent is involved. These kids in gangs are shooting at each other everyday, no one cares unless someone innocent is hurt.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
largenutz":1bmb3msl said:
One thing to keep in mind is the majority of gang violence is not something the media reports anymore. I think the police and majority of the public really dont care what happens in the poorer neighborhoods, so you rarerly hear about shootings n such on the news unless someone totally innocent is involved. These kids in gangs are shooting at each other everyday, no one cares unless someone innocent is hurt.
That's very true

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
largenutz":2j2ie2ro said:

I know I don't care about poor areas, or the rich ones. Just the one I live in. If we reported about every gang violence then the news would go 24 hrs a day with it. For my job I have been in some sketchy places around king county. And I have no pitty for people who know right from wrong and choose wrong. I only begin to care when it is the innocent because their life matters, they didn't make the choice to be in that situation. On a side note I'm all for drug testing welfare participants. Cut down on gang cash flow.

largenutz

Reaction score
I hear you^^ The point I was trying to make, in response to comments about dangerous areas in & around Seattle, was that there is a lot of violence happening all around,that general public doesnt know about. Unless you are in that life or know someone who is, you really dont know how dangerous certain areas can be.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
It's crazy, but I felt safer in most of the areas here in Washington that most would consider 'sketchy' or 'ghetto'
than I did in the 2 cities/towns I visited in Arizona (Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa? And I avoid the Eastside (Bellevue/Kirkland/Mill Creek)
at all costs. I have gotten pulled over in each of those cities at least twice over the past half decade.

RUHawk

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2an4azg4 said:
It's crazy, but I felt safer in most of the areas here in Washington that most would consider 'sketchy' or 'ghetto'
than I did in the 2 cities/towns I visited in Arizona (Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa? And I avoid the Eastside (Bellevue/Kirkland/Mill Creek)
at all costs. I have gotten pulled over in each of those cities at least twice over the past half decade.

Kirkland/Bellevue police will pull over anybody not driving properly. You must have been doing something wrong.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
I ALWAYS CONSCIOUSLY drive EXTREMELY proper in those areas. And I don't drink and drive.
Each time it's always the same story "Sir, I noticed you sat for a while after the light turned green (or some other bs reason). You have license, registration, and insurance for this car?" and after I provide docs and they run my info, it's "ok, just be safe and have a nice night!"... no ticket of course because I broke no laws... Except driving an expensive car. Now I let my wife drive if I need to go to those areas if possible. She NEVER gets pulled over in the ZR.

largenutz

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2yecux22 said:
LOL! Can I decipher what youre saying without sounding racist? Because Im the same way, basically I feel safer in more culturally diverse areas rather than predominately caucausian upper middle class areas.

BigBay49

Reaction score
Hey I stole this from somebody on the 49er forum but thought you might get a chuckle out of it if you haven't already seen it.

30mwzft

lol

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3tvsfw88 said:
I ALWAYS CONSCIOUSLY drive EXTREMELY proper in those areas. And I don't drink and drive.
Each time it's always the same story "Sir, I noticed you sat for a while after the light turned green (or some other bs reason). You have license, registration, and insurance for this car?" and after I provide docs and they run my info, it's "ok, just be safe and have a nice night!"... no ticket of course because I broke no laws... Except driving an expensive car. Now I let my wife drive if I need to go to those areas if possible. She NEVER gets pulled over in the ZR.

Wait... you were pulled over in Bellevue BECAUSE you drove an expensive car? Expensive cars are the norm for the area.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
Not sure what else to attribute it to. No tickets neither time. Just ran my license and told me to have a nice day /evening.
My wife is white btw. Im black. And im sure there are those that think "oh God, not the race card" but again, to me it just seems like they felt they needed to 'check me out'... again, not really sure what else to attribute it to.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
largenutz":3ufjq2a1 said:
hgwellz12":3ufjq2a1 said:
LOL! Can I decipher what youre saying without sounding racist? Because Im the same way, basically I feel safer in more culturally diverse areas rather than predominately caucausian upper middle class areas.

Doesn't sound racist to me in the least.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
-The Glove-":wwoxizzj said:
largenutz":wwoxizzj said:
That's very true

No it's not!

*Is listening to radio news in the background, hears about a gang shooting in Tacoma and doesn't bat an eye, then a breaking news report comes on about a young white woman that was allegedly groped while walking along the street in downtown Seattle--OH MY GOD, CALL THE NATIONAL GUARD AND ALERT THE PRESIDENT*

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ke5mp4r said:
-The Glove-":3ke5mp4r said:
largenutz":3ke5mp4r said:
That's very true

No it's not!

*Is listening to radio news in the background, hears about a gang shooting in Tacoma and doesn't bat an eye, then a breaking news report comes on about a young white woman that was allegedly groped while walking along the street in downtown Seattle--OH MY GOD, CALL THE NATIONAL GUARD AND ALERT THE PRESIDENT*
Why should anyone want care about the gang violence. If they want to gang bang and kill each other, let em. It doesn't have to be about a white woman it has to do with a victim that's when we care, and should care. White, black, Asian, or Mexican gang doesn't matter all low life's. White, black, Asian, or Mexican vitcim are all the same an innocent victim at the wrong place wrong time.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3jgf9wgq said:
hgwellz12":3jgf9wgq said:

Wait... you were pulled over in Bellevue BECAUSE you drove an expensive car? Expensive cars are the norm for the area.
Seriously. Anywhere on the eastside BMWs/Audis are the Honda Civics of where im from (bremerton).

Throwdown

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":100qrldb said:
-The Glove-":100qrldb said:
largenutz":100qrldb said:
That's very true

No it's not!

Back in I think it was 06 they called in the National Guard in Philly because of the the rate and magnitude of the street violence that was happen on a daily basis.