The Lone Ranger

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
The Lone Ranger
Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: The Lone Ranger
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:37 pm
  • It looks really stupid IMO. And I love Johnny Depp as much as the next guy, but c'mon... you couldn't just let a native guy play the... native guy? And the other guy's name is Armie Hammer? Seriously. Armie. Hammer. Beyond uninterested.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:40 pm
  • The first time I saw the commercial and I heard Depp talk... I thought it was a joke of some sorts.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:14 pm
  • Kind of a bummer really. I was a big Lone Ranger fan as a kid and I remember really enjoying the flick from the early 80's where Chris Lloyd played Butch Cavendish.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:20 pm
  • With Gore Verbinski at the helm, I held out some hope this would recapture some of the original Pirates of the Caribbean magic. Sounds like too many cooks throwing crap into the pot again.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:21 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Beyond uninterested.

Yep. No interest whatsoever in Pirates of the Caribbean 6: How the West was Pirated, or whatever the hell this sodding mess is.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:10 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:...c'mon... you couldn't just let a native guy play the... native guy?

THANK YOU!

I hate it when obvious white guys are supposed to be playing native americans, middle eastern folk, etc. It just seems so wrong to me, and I have a hard time buying the character at that point. Unless you happen to be Downey in Tropic Thunder.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:22 pm
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:...c'mon... you couldn't just let a native guy play the... native guy?

THANK YOU!

I hate it when obvious white guys are supposed to be playing native americans, middle eastern folk, etc. It just seems so wrong to me, and I have a hard time buying the character at that point. Unless you happen to be Downey in Tropic Thunder.

What? You didn't buy Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince of Persia?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 pm
  • Oh lord...

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:57 am
  • Whatever, haters. Saw it, laughed quite a few times. Overall, entertained. Sure, it's basically Pirates of the Wild West, but it was fun and quirky just like the Pirates movies.

It's Jerry freaking Bruckheimer, always a good time.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:24 am
  • I hate Depp the guy can't play in an original idea movie. His mannerisms are all the same. And yeah get a NATIVE not a white guy. His next movie Depp is playing a black guy as a pirate.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:44 pm
  • My parents went to see it with church friends and really would see it again. But heard on an $250M budget, box office experts predict only a $45M-$50M opening for the film this weekend. Compared to Despicable Me 2's prediction of $110M and it was on a $76M budget.
    Merry Christmas!
    Passepartout
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:Whatever, haters. Saw it, laughed quite a few times. Overall, entertained. Sure, it's basically Pirates of the Wild West, but it was fun and quirky just like the Pirates movies.

It's Jerry freaking Bruckheimer, always a good time.

My thoughts exactly - suck it haters. The movie was good fun. Reminds me of why I don't read the elitist reviews in the newspaper anymore.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:20 am
  • our local paper had an article about a local guy who did all the train work for the movie. typical small town "ooh a kid who grew up here moved away and got a cool gig" movie looks dumb to me.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information