Seahawks Game Replays - Anybody?

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find a full length replay of the 49ers game at CLINK from last season (2012) or any of our games for that matter?

I used to have a stand alone DVD recorder and I recorded a few full seasons when Holmy was coach. Been a while since I dusted them off though, but I know I have our entire 2004-2005 season a couple other seasons as well I think ...

Anyway, I want to start to get back into documenting full games in an effort to preserve the story of our resurgence for future generations. Namely, to show my kids how bad ass we were 'back in the day', lol

Anyone know what's the best method for recording them with today's technology?

I finally have an HDTV but want to figure a way to record and archive games again ...

Any help is much appreciated ... GO HAWKS !!!

PrepntheSep

Reaction score
I purchased game rewind and have access to all games from the last 2 years. Unfortunately my subscription ends at the end of the month but I can watch the broadcast view, condensed(1/2 hour) or coaches cam for any game. I rewatched the last 2 seasons in order, pretty slick.

Axx

Reaction score
it was on youtube
and so is the Atlanta game

drdiags

Reaction score
I changed out 3 of my Comcast tuner boxes and bought a HDHomerun Prime 3-Tuner box.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E16815345006&gclid=CJ-P2fiLlbgCFa9fQgodyH4ADw

I then use Windows Media Center to stream to a couple of my TV sets. You then have the ability to use WMC to record anything that comes across the Tuner. Comcast will give you 1 free M-Card (or used to, I notice now there is a fee that is offset by having your own equipment ~$1.99/month).

You now can record and store as many games as your multi-TB storage can handle. I just recently got rid of all my 2012 Pre-Season games, though that probably was stupid on my part. I even bought some s/w that allowed you to replay a recorded game and remove commercials.

I gave up on doing this once the season started, since I was using NFL Rewind. You could get a PCIe version of the card, but then it is only in one computer, while the Tuner box can be detected by any PC in your network running WMC.

OP
OP
HawkHouse

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys ...

PrepntheSep - I will check out game rewind and the cost for it ...

Axx - I checked YouTube but couldn't find the full length version ...

Dr. D - You have got the type of set-up I would love to have, but I don't have the skill set to command such a diabolical device, lol. Actually, I'm pretty tech savy (building a computer, etc.) but not when it comes to computer networking w/ t.v. integration. Where could I learn the "For Dummies" version of how to understand, install and run such a set-up?

MissoulaHawkFan - I'll hit you up asap ...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Anybody know of way to record from a Comcast DVR to a DVD?

Is it possible?

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawkhouse, I had not paid much attention to Windows Home Media when it was introduced and had played around a little with TV Cards. It was only after I started to think about how to get cable distributed throughout the house without having to pay Comcast for their monthly equipment that I started to look around for alternatives. I ran across the HDHomerun doing a google search. The folks into Home Theatre and streaming their DVD collections etc are the ones I would read about on the various forums.

I would probably go look at the MythTV forum as well as Haupage TV Card producers to get a feel on what folks are doing. I have wasted a lot of time trying to get things setup like a NAS, Windows Home Server etc. I tend to waste my time on this stuff because it always is evolving. I wish I had a nice site to recommend on how to go about building up a nicely integrated home media solution but if I find a good reference I will pass it along.

OAGS. I gather at one time using Windows XP and a firewire driver for the prior generation of Comcast DVRs, you could pull off old recordings and there was a way to setup your computer to record from the DVR across firewire to your PC, then later record it to DVD. I remember reading there was some debate about cable folks having to have this interface available without encryption but it may have changed. I had even gone as far as buying a nice 20 ft firewire cable to connect to the Comcast DVR I had with some recorded Seahawks games I wanted to transfer over (2010 Rams final game, Saints Beastquake and Bears playoff loss) but I ended up turning the unit in without being able to pull off the recordings (none of my PCs were running XP anymore and the driver didn't work well with my Windows version installed).

I am not sure it can still be done using the fire-wire connection since the cable companies weren't forthcoming on which port was enabled to stream un-encrypted data or if it is still required by law to do so.

Johnny

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2diyd5it said:

Is it possible?

The way I Do it is...

I got a DVD Recorder from Best Buy (which was like $160. buck I think)... and Then plugged the DVR into the DVD Recorder and just recorded what I wanted...

*Note- The DVD Recorder wont record in HD (at least mine wont).. If you record an HD broadcast the DVD Recorder will just record in standard definition and you will have the black lines on the top and bottom...

P.S.

Game Rewind from the NFL Network is awesome!... I have it and watch the Hawks games from the 2009 season to the 2012 season..... I don't have the kick-butt system like the guy in this thread has, But I just hook the PC to my Big Screen TV (with the monitor cord from my tower) and watch the games like that.... It's a pretty sweet deal for the full package deal it's $69.99 (for one full year) and you get all the games from 2009-2012.... I was watching the first Pete Carroll game as the Hawks Head Coach in the 2010 season Week 1 vs the 49ers earlier... "Matt Hasselbeck through an INT on his first throw of the game"... and I still jumped up in the air and yelled WTF Matt!!!!!....LoL.

Johnny

Reaction score
drdiags":2q2jh0t0 said:
onanygivensunday":2q2jh0t0 said:

Is it possible?

Here is that setup I mentioned. Note that it is with Vista/XP Windows so keep that in mind

[youtube]siLP42PvVME[/youtube]

And here is a web page with further references. Good luck

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Firewire

I was lost when that person said - "If you want to watch your favorite TV show"... Wow!.. There was a lot of info. in that vid.

drdiags

Reaction score
Johnny":jploaito said:
I was lost when that person said - "If you want to watch your favorite TV show"... Wow!.. There was a lot of info. in that vid.

It's too bad that there isn't an updated version of this for Windows 7 or Windows 8 for anyone who has a Comcast DVR. Now that I am drinking a few brewskies, I am thinking of hooking my regular cable box up to my windows host to see if it detects it or not with Windows 8 PCs.

About to go waste a few hours on something I should just leave alone .. ha ha!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Johnny":5fli0o5n said:
I was watching the first Pete Carroll game as the Hawks Head Coach in the 2010 season Week 1 vs the 49ers earlier... "Matt Hasselbeck through an INT on his first throw of the game"... and I still jumped up in the air and yelled WTF Matt!!!!!....LoL.

Priceless! I do pretty much the same thing :th2thumbs:

Johnny

Reaction score
ivotuk":f59qzghc said:
Johnny":f59qzghc said:
I was watching the first Pete Carroll game as the Hawks Head Coach in the 2010 season Week 1 vs the 49ers earlier... "Matt Hasselbeck through an INT on his first throw of the game"... and I still jumped up in the air and yelled WTF Matt!!!!!....LoL.

Priceless! I do pretty much the same thing :th2thumbs:

Yeah it's been a while since I watched that game and completely forgot about the first-throw INT by Matt in that game... It was a surprise almost like watching the game for the first time... I'm trying to make myself watch the 2009 Mora season, but it's hard to watch it because I hated the Mora move to begin with..

DericLee

Reaction score
I have the game, and have watched it about 10 times in the off season so far.

Can't help but smile the entire time, especially at some of the first half commentary.

bigcc

Reaction score
*Edited by RockHawk - Links to illegal downloads are prohibited, per the rules. Last warning, anyone else links to one in this topic gets a vacation*

slow downloads but there you go

bobk3333

Reaction score
I have been watching NFL Rewind on an iPad. How do I watch it on Windows or Mac? Is there a special program I need to download or can I just use a browser?