Training Camp Sleepers

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The two guys i'm pulling for is Ron Harper for backup FS, and DeShawn Shead for backup SS. Both have rare blends of size, speed, strength and/or athleticism and I'm hoping that they can compete, and earn spots over more incumbent back-ups.

Also, I'm pulling for Will Blackmon over Simon and Maxwell for 6th CB. The guy has crazy athleticism. At least he did before injuries, I don't know what he's like now but he's a good player to have if Harvin and Tate get injured or banged up and can't handle return duties.

Also, I liked Simon a lot at first when we drafted him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the p-squad treatment or ends up on I.R.

Johnny

Reaction score
vin.couve12":gin1u3jf said:
Johnny":gin1u3jf said:
vin.couve12":gin1u3jf said:
Would also like to add that at that OLB spot Morgan has supposedly added weight and is looking really good physically. The D will be slightly different this year, but he knows it. If he can pick up some Leo duty it helps him make the sqaud.

Really?, How much? he is listed at 226 Lbs. on the Hawks.com site... even if he puts on 10 more pounds that would make a big difference...
Didn't say how much, but they mentioned it when also first noting that he was taking reps at Leo. Either way he didn't have a problem at the POA last year for the most part. He wasn't assignment correct at all times, but he has speed to spare so any added weight is a bonus.

True, I like his upside.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I happily think there won't be many suprises due to the depth we have established. I do think Lot makes the roster but I think the rest will have to work there way through the PS.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":t4vgiftg said:
The two guys i'm pulling for is Ron Harper for backup FS, and DeShawn Shead for backup SS. Both have rare blends of size, speed, strength and/or athleticism and I'm hoping that they can compete, and earn spots over more incumbent back-ups.

Also, I'm pulling for Will Blackmon over Simon and Maxwell for 6th CB. The guy has crazy athleticism. At least he did before injuries, I don't know what he's like now but he's a good player to have if Harvin and Tate get injured or banged up and can't handle return duties.

Also, I liked Simon a lot at first when we drafted him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the p-squad treatment or ends up on I.R.

I will always root for the rookies over vets, simply because you'll have those rookies longer and they have a chance to grow alot more than an established vet. Therefore I'm completely opposite of you on this issue. I want Simon and Lane to beat out Blackmon and Maxwell and these later two have been in the league several years and more finished products than the the 2 young guys. Hence why I'd love to see several of the rookie OLmen make the team over some of the vets.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by:

LB-John Lotulelei: also think he will take over Heath Farwell's spot

SS-Ray Polk: I think both Maragos and Guy are unremarkable and Jeron Johnson is an RFA after this season? We need some safety depth and Polk seems to have all the tools.

WR-Stephen Williams: If he can put it together on the field, he has the measureables to be a huge asset for us.

OLB/LEO-Ty Powell: Interested in learning how we are utilizing Ty Powell. I see him as an eventual replacement for KJ Wright and like his pass rushing ability.