Star Wars - The Old Republic - NDA Lifted!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk, if I were a native American, there'd be a single tear running from my eye. Why you gotta hate? :(

CANHawk

Reaction score
I dunno... Bored..?

Awww, c'mon... you know I kid cuz I care. If I didn't actually kinda like you, I'd just put you on ignore until the end of time.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Too late. You hit me right in the feels. Now I'm going to sulk.

...So, how's the weather in Vancouver lately?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Oh dude... weather here is so fricken amazing right now. I've got my solar visor in full effect. We've taken to tossing the football around in the park across the street from the office at lunch; the park where all the ladies come to be 3/4 naked in the sun by the water. Very good times... :)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
oh sweet didn't realize there were MMO nerds here.

Long time vet of games like Asheron's Call (thistledown), WoW, AOC, and SWTOR (at least as far as the ones I stuck with long enough to cap. . )

Played a Sith Assassin in TOR to max level but i got there right when the game first came out and sorta got bored pretty fast since nobody in the guild was high enough to do much of anything end game.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I had chars on Wintersebb and Darktide in AC. That is still, bar none, the best MMO ever made. God, I miss that game. I would kill for Turbine to remake it with modern graphics and a modern engine. :(

Snohomie

Reaction score
I played just about everything except Darktide over the 5+ years I spent with AC. I was in Wintersebb the day it opened, was like playing a brand new game.

I agree with Roland. I wish AC2 had been a big update to AC rather than a completely different game in the same world. I'd pay stupid money for that kind of game.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Remake the original Asheron's Call with everything being modern, and I don't even want to guess at how much I'd pay to buy that, haha.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I have a lvl 50 Sith Inquisitor and a lvl 44 Bounty Hunter. This is my first MMO and I really enjoy it in chunks. I'll go a few weeks playing as much as possible every day and loving it, then I skip a few days and almost forget about it for a month or 2. I think sometimes the tediousness and repetition of the missions just gets to me and I get bored of it. And being that this is my first MMO and I've never been much of a gamer I can't help but feel like there's a whole bunch of stuff I'm missing out of simply because I don't know what I'm doing... guilds, pvp, crafting & other tradeskills & such... I just don't really understand it because I'm a goddam noob.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":394bupvo said:
Remake the original Asheron's Call with everything being modern, and I don't even want to guess at how much I'd pay to buy that, haha.

Tell me about it. I know so many other people who feel the exact same way. I still keep in touch with quite a few people I met playing that game and if they kickstartered it they'd get their cash no problem.

I had one of the first few "battlemages" on thistledown, way before they added in the ability to respec, back then that was a tough road. Nowadays all the MMO's are way too easy. At least with AC you could maximize your risk/reward based on how you wanted to play.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Asheron's Call automatically culled all the scrubs within hours. It was great. You couldn't even enjoy the game unless you were a decent player and at least semi-intelligent.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
No I haven't yet...

But maybe, I remember playing Syndicate Wars and Shadow Run, I love that genre. I don't know, I just know I'll catch tons of grief from the ol' lady if I jump into a game like this.