Rams look to be a factor this year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":yddp2qll said:
rideaducati":yddp2qll said:
NinerLifer":yddp2qll said:
The rams I believe are going to be exposed as one of the most overrated teams by half way through the season. By no means were they considered an offensive powerhouse last year, and they lost perhaps their 2 biggest playmakers in Amendola and Jax.

Their defense is great, but they definitely took a huge hit on offense.

That "overrated" team you speak of will be the niners. They lost their D-line depth and their best DB and their ONLY WR threat.

You can "overrate" a top two team? Can you sound like more of a Hawk homer than that statement?

Hey, Rams won't lose a divisional game this season.

Hey, wanna bet?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How much of a physical beating you can take in the NFL is all about how muscular your frame is, height's largely irrelevant. Isn't Tavon Austin 5'8" or 5'9", though? That's what Wikipedia and other Googled sources say, with the NFL combine site saying 5'8". In any case, he comes in at 2.55 lbs per inch of height per the 5'8" combine measurement. Sidney Rice is 2.65 lbs per inch; so Austin definitely has a small frame right now. A lot of players gain muscle mass in the pros compared to college, though. I'd say he's definitely going to be injury-prone if his weight stays more or less the same. If he can put on 15-20 lbs of muscle overall, though, I'd definitely change that statement on my part.

RedAlice

Reaction score
That "overrated" team you speak of will be the niners. They lost their D-line depth and their best DB and their ONLY WR threat.[/quote]

You can "overrate" a top two team? Can you sound like more of a Hawk homer than that statement?

Hey, Rams won't lose a divisional game this season.[/quote]

Hey, wanna bet?[/quote]

I see you don't get humor. I was making fun of "overrating" a top two team and being a homer.

In my dreams the Rams don't lose a divisional game. I also get to spend a naked weekend with Kate Upton soon.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3szt20wc said:
How much of a physical beating you can take in the NFL is all about how muscular your frame is, height's largely irrelevant. Isn't Tavon Austin 5'8" or 5'9", though? That's what Wikipedia and other Googled sources say, with the NFL combine site saying 5'8". In any case, he comes in at 2.55 lbs per inch of height per the 5'8" combine measurement. Sidney Rice is 2.65 lbs per inch; so Austin definitely has a small frame right now. A lot of players gain muscle mass in the pros compared to college, though. I'd say he's definitely going to be injury-prone if his weight stays more or less the same. If he can put on 15-20 lbs of muscle overall, though, I'd definitely change that statement on my part.

He is small. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes. Bradford is tall.

Wilson is very short for a QB and so is Harvin. Can you really call out the height issue? I think Austin will be good, possible even a great height mismatch w B.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":35xfm038 said:
RolandDeschain":35xfm038 said:

He is small. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes. Bradford is tall.

Wilson is very short for a QB and so is Harvin. Can you really call out the height issue? I think Austin will be good, possible even a great height mismatch w B.

I could see Austin being a lot like DeSean Jackson. He caught people by surprise his first couple years but hasn't played a full season in any of the last three years.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":1sucfuk2 said:

Wilson is 5'10" and 5/8ths precisely, and weighs 215 now. Austin is 5'8", at most 2 & 5/8ths inches shorter than Wilson, but weighs 174 lbs. Wilson is 3.0 lbs per inch of height, that's a pretty big difference over Austin's 2.55. My point is, it's not about height when it comes to injury, I agree with you; it's about how much protection you have on your frame. Wilson's got 18% more, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawkspur":1bbyphcx said:
Despite all of the extra draft picks I'm just happy that they don't have Robert Griffin.
For real on that one. He probably wouldnt've blown out his knee if he was playing in a real pro field, so we'd get his ass healthy as well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":46lcyk6y said:
RedAlice":46lcyk6y said:
RolandDeschain":46lcyk6y said:

I could see Austin being a lot like DeSean Jackson. He caught people by surprise his first couple years but hasn't played a full season in any of the last three years.
Definitely could but that weight worries me at least for this year. Also it usually does take WR's 2-3 years to really get "it" so there's alot of expectation on him that I don't think is warranted until we see a few games.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just can't see the Rams displacing either the Hawks or Niners. The Niners are a potential unknown with Crabtree out, but I expect them to produce at the same level as last year, with the secondary getting off to a slow start in the first couple games before getting it together. If Crabtree were healthy for the entire season, I wouldn't give the Rams a chance to replace the Niners.

I literally rewatched the Hawks /Rams game yesterday, closely. What I saw was a game that Carroll took no real risks in that the team left 10 points on the field, either from field position and not taking the kick or from McCoy literally removing points from the scoreboard singlehandedly.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
I suspect both the Cardinals and the Rams will be a factor in 2013. One more than the other, of course.

While I hope it's the Cardinals, I can see the Rams being legit competition for the division title this year. They are already a pretty good team and, IMO, their additions far outweigh the players they have lost.