OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3dy7i91f said:
CPHawk":3dy7i91f said:
425HawkSpark":3dy7i91f said:
That's it I'm getting a Seager jersey I hope we hold on too him.

He's as good as gone. Pick a one year wonder at pitcher, and expect him to be traded for said pitcher. The following will happen, Seager will be a solid 300 hitter avg 20-30 hr a year, and the pitcher will stink up Safeco for 3 years.

There is absolutely no reason to trade Seager. He won't be arbitration eligible until 2015 and for our inability to sign FA batters he will be paid dearly for his services. Our ownership has never had a problem with re-signing players who have shined in our system.

Its just people having a moan with no substance somehow trading one top prospect (Adam Jones) signifies a decade of trading young talent away.

Nice to Smoak making the most of this chance the Ms clearly realize he is important to their future and need him to come good, even average

hawker84

Reaction score
Is it time to say goodbye to Guti?

I mean he's awsome when he's actually on the field but man, dude would pull a tricept clapping his hands..

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Keep him around for depth and be happy with what you can get out of him. He's not going to be expensive to hold onto.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1ys5fgio said:
CPHawk":1ys5fgio said:
425HawkSpark":1ys5fgio said:
That's it I'm getting a Seager jersey I hope we hold on too him.

He's as good as gone. Pick a one year wonder at pitcher, and expect him to be traded for said pitcher. The following will happen, Seager will be a solid 300 hitter avg 20-30 hr a year, and the pitcher will stink up Safeco for 3 years.

There is absolutely no reason to trade Seager. He won't be arbitration eligible until 2015 and for our inability to sign FA batters he will be paid dearly for his services. Our ownership has never had a problem with re-signing players who have shined in our system.

It was sarcasm, but honesty our ownership needs to change. Seattle has proven time and again that it will support a team through thick and thin, as long as the team shows they are trying. Imagine the mariners with a owner who cared and one who didn't have buffoons running the team.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Justin Smoak:
Before DL: 46G, .240, 3HR, .694OPS
After DL: 16G .339, 4HR, .422OBP, 1.047OPS.

Maybe all Mariners need to get hurt?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He was running into diminishing returns before. Sometimes it's a good idea to give it a rest for a while, like when you "sleep on it"--except with pain meds. ;)

The Radish

Reaction score
" Seattle has proven time and again that it will support a team through thick and thin, as long as the team shows they are trying."

The above statement perhaps is true since they haven't been trying for years. It just shows that some people are so hooked on the game of baseball they keep showing up thinking the game will show up in Seattle even tho that bus left years ago.

I mean look at you, listen to yourselves. Hoping for the team to get back to .500. That's truly oathetic.

:roll:

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
The Radish":1w2ajffg said:
" Seattle has proven time and again that it will support a team through thick and thin, as long as the team shows they are trying."

The above statement perhaps is true since they haven't been trying for years. It just shows that some people are so hooked on the game of baseball they keep showing up thinking the game will show up in Seattle even tho that bus left years ago.

I mean look at you, listen to yourselves. Hoping for the team to get back to .500. That's truly oathetic.

I would be the same way if it was the hawks. Just like any time before 2000 the hawks were aweful I didn't give up on them nor willi on the mariners.

jkitsune

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":9yyawc3i said:
The Radish":9yyawc3i said:

I would be the same way if it was the hawks. Just like any time before 2000 the hawks were aweful I didn't give up on them nor willi on the mariners.

Don't feed the troll. For some reason he has nothing better to do.

Subzero717

Reaction score
jkitsune":9roilhdf said:
425HawkSpark":9roilhdf said:
The Radish":9roilhdf said:

I don't think he was trolling. I thinks frustration with ownership. I'm not going to speak for Les but that's the typical consensus I get. I go to games because I really like baseball. I'm also a Dodger fan first and coming off the McCourt fiasco I completely get it. Absentee ownership that has no real interest in fielding a championship caliber team. I can see some peoples point of view on that even if I don't agree with it. Baseball is the one sport that has priven time and again that $$$$ and glam doesn't equal championships.

The Radish

Reaction score
jkitsune":21gwuba1 said:
425HawkSpark":21gwuba1 said:
The Radish":21gwuba1 said:

Hey Cali I too am a Dodger fan from way back.

Jits,,,,well I just don't understand paying money to someone that has no interest in putting a quality product on the field. And the Ms haven't had quality products on the field since the 90s.

As long as you keep giving them your money they think its ok. Only way to get real change is stop paying them for a piss poor product. If your automobile repair place gave you the same kind of crappy repair and service you'd change in a heartbeat. Why not do the same with your sports product?

Granted I stuck with the Hawks when they were poor but for the most part I could see they were trying to right the ship. I don't see that with the Mariners, they just rotate faces and provide the same crummy product every year.

And of course like all opinions here mine has as much value as yours.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I'm not trolling! Listen to any radio show or read any number of articles and you will find a lot of people around the PAC NW think just like me. I love the mariners, and the last 10 years have sucked. Funny how Ruskell is hated here but somehow the MLB version of him (Armstrong and Lincoln) get a pass. And Imagine if the seahawks had 1 winning season in 10 years, and Paul Allen didn't bother coming to even 1 game? How do you think peoe would think of him.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":679hgv7e said:

Well that may be true

yeah. I got nothing.

:les:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I don't think the Front Office gets a pass at all. We have a majority absentee owner that they represent and as long as they are increasing the valuation of the team such as the ROOT TV deal they are happy. I suspect the minority owners mostly feel the same way it is just a investment. We just can't get rid of them. I think a lot of the problems stem from them. They only seemed to be will to spend until they got the new stadium.

I will never forget in the late 90s Armstrong saying he wanted a team that was always competitive. This really concerned me. Having been in corporate America for a large part of my life I understand what is left out is as important as what is said. He never said winning it all was important.

By doing so he realizes it sets expectations to do just that and anything less is viewed by fans as a failure. So we get mediocre baseball. Teams that are built on the cheap why can't we attract free agents? Because you have to overpay to get them here with a decade of losing and they won't do it.

Remember there is no real budget in baseball. It is without a cap. The budget is just an arbitrary number they made up

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":2esxdlz0 said:
The Radish":2esxdlz0 said:

Well that may be true

yeah. I got nothing.

:les:

Oh stop it. Yes you DO: You and your widdle puppy are SO ADORABLE. ;)