Help! Seahawks need beer vendors

cincybeerhawk

Reaction score
All: football season is just around the corner and Seattle Sportservice, the new foodservice company at CenturyLink, needs more beer vendors!

Contact Emily Harris, our H.R. Manager, at 206.808.8232, or me, Jim Abbott, acting Vending Manager, at 206.808.8337 for immediate interviews.

Be apart of the 12th Man a get paid for it!

The Radish

Reaction score
Hey gang check this out. This guy has talked to Mark and will be in the area expanding their company.

Here's an employment opportunity.

:th2thumbs:

bobk3333

Reaction score
Just curious, how much do they pay?

Are they okay with their beer people taking time to get the crowd going, like Bill the Beer Man did? In fact, they should give all their beer people training on leading yells, cheers and waves. It should be a job requirement. I would buy more beer if all the beer people led cheers.

(I would make a terrible beer man.)

Hawks46

Reaction score
I couldn't do this.

First off, at a game, I'd probably drink all the beer. Once buzzed, people would be yelling "hey beer guy, gimme a beer!" and I'd yell back "STFU I'm watching the game here!"

I wouldn't sell crap.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Does this mean we will have more beer vendors than we had in the past?

The Radish

Reaction score
I would think you need to forward your questions to this fellow Jim Abbott. I'm sure you will get your answers.

:les:

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Imagine the Jones Soda fiasco happening to the beer supply, the consequences would never be the same.

Atradees

Reaction score
I used to sell mixed drinks on club level. bout 150 in tips and 90 in pay.

I wouldn't miss this season for most things.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Agreed with Les; Please contact the folks above with questions. .NET isn't affiliated in any way to this, but we had no problem with letting them look for local "talent" with the crowd.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think its cool that they are coming here to the site. Just for clarity sake, however, let it be known this is not a local company, but a large org that operates many other other venues across the country. In fact, they are international, and have over 55,000 employees and $2 billion in annual revenue. Wages had better be decent for something that large. Of course, this probably means beer costs are going up too.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2012/12/19/seattle-next-order-for-del-norths.html

http://www.delawarenorth.com/

OP
OP
C

cincybeerhawk

Reaction score
Cincybeerhawk here. I'm Jim Abbott, Vending Manager at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati where I handle vending operations for DNC Sportservice for all Reds' games.

Here's a little history on our company: we were founded pre-1920 in Detroit. Currently we operate in the following NFL stadiums: Rams, Bears (retail only), Packers, Browns, Bills, Panthers, Jets/Giants and now your beloved Seahawks. We're privately held, and I believe we're a Fortune 200 company in that area. We have a major presence in MLB and our principal owns the Bruins and the building in which they play.

We were recently awarded the contract for CenturyLink Field as well as the adjoining event center and theatre. We're working diligently to provide Seahawks and Sounders fans with high quality food and the level of guest service you deserve. We're working hard every day to get better and we appreciate feedback as our goal is to provide special experiences one guest at a time.

I'm here in Seattle (my first time and only the second time I've been in the Pacific Time Zone) through July 30 supplementing our unit as we improve the quantity and quality of vendors in the seats. We get it; nobody wants to wait in line for a beer while your defense brings mayhem on your opponent.

We're hiring for two specific positions: vendors, and commissary staff. The successful vendor is at least 21 years of age, confident, physically capable of walking the steps at The 'Link while carrying as much as 50 pounds. Most of the best vendors are very comfortable being in front of many, many people because they know that next to the players on the field, we're the most visible people in the park. Gender is not a factor as many of the best vendors who work with me are female.

The commissary staffer thrives in a chaotic environment as he/she works behind the scenes providing the loads for the vendors. Some will handle cash, therefore the ability to focus under sometimes stressful situations is key.

Vendors earn 18% on the net sale of each beer. Commissary staffers earn an hourly wage (I'm unsure of the exact amount, but I believe its in excess of $12/hour)

Seattle, we need your help! Our goal is to put the best team that we can in the seats for the 2013 season. Please contact me by phone at 513.374.7443. I'll be holding tryouts from now through the end of July, so if you believe you have what it takes to join our team, call me.

Thanks for reading.

muxpux

Reaction score
i dont know how you can be a seahawks fan and "work" at the stadium too. youd be too busy trying to see the score/action.

i had a buddy work some pro events and he said its hard not to get caught up in the action even if you dont care about the teams.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Wow, this is pretty cool. I live nowhere near but would just like to thank you for posting here and taking the time to come back with some info on your company. I can not state enough how cool I think it is that you posted the opportunity here. Well done.

The Radish

Reaction score
Thanks Jim for filling our members in about your company.

Here's hoping for a long and successfull partnership.

:th2thumbs:

TaterHawk

Reaction score
I can't work and watch the game. But I'm Irish and would like to have as many 'tryouts' as possible please :)

Kidding aside I hope you get some great staff...dress em up in team colors and teach them to jack the fans.

OP
OP
C

cincybeerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks to several members on Seahawks.net for the leads I've received. I spent a lot of time on Saturday connecting with interested applicants. Things are moving forward nicely.

Thanks to all!

Jim

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well done Jim....thanks for being transparent and trying to understand Seattle fans.

OP
OP
C

cincybeerhawk

Reaction score
Had a great meeting with Scooter The BeerGuy this afternoon. Many of you may remember Mr. Coldie from years gone by. If things go as both of us hope, the Minister of REfrigeration will be returning to CenturyLink in the very near future.

Jim

Latest posts