Let's Talk Mariners

m0ng0

Reaction score
it does not help when our starters can't clear the 5th inning in 3 of the last 4 starts. And Boston is a pretty good team.

pcbball12

Reaction score
JOz56":ksjiidag said:
TheRealDTM":ksjiidag said:
So this Steve Delabar guy that made the allstar game.. how did we let him go? Trade him for a bag of potato chips? just release him ?

I don't follow the Ms much but i'd like to know what happend here hah.

All I could find was that he was involved in a trade that brought Eric Thames here, and was sent to the Jays.

Yup
To be fair, at the time of the trade Delabar was atrocious. He gave up a bomb just about every time he made an appearance. I was actually surprised anyone would give up so much as a bag of balls for him. I was actually an advocate of flat out releasing him. He throws hard, and obviously learned how to keep the ball down and developed an offspeed pitch of some sort.

m0ng0

Reaction score
and its always easy to criticize these trades in hindsight, especially when you have a bone to pick to begin with.

m0ng0

Reaction score
it appears it has taken him 8 years in the minors and 2 sniffs in the show to finally get his stuff worked out and now its finally paying off for him. I say good work Mr. Delabar.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
On a lighter note (sorta):

Any chance Ibanez gets tested for roids over the break? Holy hell, did you SEE that home run he hit tonight? It was caught by a fan dining at the Hit It Here restaurant!

How does someone do that at age 41?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Ibanez is out of control. No seriously, he's out of control. And why isn't he getting national attention?

m0ng0

Reaction score
My god the offense has come ALIVE ! Safeco Joe is pitching lights out as well ! I gotta say I am enjoying watching this team again ! Can't wait to be at the park sunday !

Lithium

Reaction score
Man, its awesome what Raul is doing but its a shame it wont last long. He is either gonna get traded by the deadline or retire after this year (Maybe he'll play another year??) then we are gonna have another huge hole to fill in the lineup.

but dang, Raul is amazing.

jkitsune

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":81apfxis said:
Man, its awesome what Raul is doing but its a shame it wont last long. He is either gonna get traded by the deadline or retire after this year (Maybe he'll play another year??) then we are gonna have another huge hole to fill in the lineup.

but dang, Raul is amazing.

Raul's a nice story. I don't get to watch many games down here in SF, but it's nice to see a bat have some success, and it's nice to see the Mariners generate offense, particularly with the pitching they have coming up. If they could trade Raul and get something of value for him, I'd be OK with that, though. The odds that Raul keeps this up much longer aren't great at 41, he's an atrocious fielder, and really only has business being a DH at this point. The M's have a ton of DH types (Morales, Raul, Montero, Morse) and will have to unload some of them.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Raul has been amazing! So nice to see some offense from the Ms........now if only the pitching could hold their own now.

JOz56

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3h6sf8qq said:
Taking walks, hitting with two strikes: Who is this Justin Smoak, and did he kidnap and stash the old Justin Smoak in his basement?

And can he leave him there? Just completely forget about him? I dunno about an all star, but I would be happy with solid production like this.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
About time the Ms got their first sweep of the year. Nice to see the offense coming around. Lets just hope they can keep it up for the long term.

Lithium

Reaction score
Blitzer88":14uc5tkr said:
About time the Ms got their first sweep of the year. Nice to see the offense coming around. Lets just hope they can keep it up for the long term.

yeah, its nice to see Smoak hiting well too, i had given up on him.

hopefully this isnt just our annual all-star break run.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
At this point I will take Major League average. The young guys seem to be getting their act together. Is it sustainable ? Who knows and I have no psychic ability and I am just enjoying it.

m0ng0

Reaction score
last sunday was damn near perfect, I even picked up an old school trident hat :)