"Russell Okung runs with the bulls"

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The guy was asked to replace Walter Jones and has done an admirable job of it.

IMO, everything else is child's play.

Stud.

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
It was certainly his right to do this and the team didn't object.

Had he been injured and missed the upcoming season, it would've been our right to be very pissed off about it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bestfightstory":a1cvdeum said:

Stud.

Well he couldn't fill Walt's shoes in this case. The bulls would be running with the Walt, not the other way around. :thirishdrinkers:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1ejh1lds said:
bestfightstory":1ejh1lds said:

Stud.

Well he couldn't fill Walt's shoes in this case. The bulls would be running with the Walt, not the other way around. :thirishdrinkers:
Naw, the bulls would be running FROM Walt. ;)

mikeak

Reaction score
Yakima Hawkster":1fow7sy3 said:

Had he been injured and missed the upcoming season, it would've been our right to be very pissed off about it.

It is not his right. Most contracts don't allow things deemed dangerous and this often includes common things like riding a motorcycle.

If the seahawks didn't object then fine but players can't run around and do what they wish without violating contracts.

In my mind - stupid. Do it in a few years if you want to

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The picture he posted is of him sitting in a bull ring as a spectator. I've done that. I have no problems with any Seahawks player doing it. It's a great experience, but it most certainly isn't "running with the bulls." If they've got actual, legitimate sources saying he ran with the bulls, fine, but I didn't see that. Otherwise, if they're basing this off a picture of him at a bullfight, then it's shoddy journalism at best, and cheap shot sensationalism and libel at worst.

hawker232

Reaction score
He has a life outside of football. Let the kid live a little.

HawkWow

Reaction score
If any 9ers plan to engage in this activity, I anticipate Gore.

...and of course I am not actually wishing injury on anyone (for the most part). Not with my 1000th post! Oh, what a milestone.

CPHawk

Reaction score
How hard can it be? Chip Kelly ran with the bulls last year and he's much older and fatter than Okung.

taz291819

Reaction score
mikeak":2sp25g8a said:
Yakima Hawkster":2sp25g8a said:

It is not his right. Most contracts don't allow things deemed dangerous and this often includes common things like riding a motorcycle.

If the seahawks didn't object then fine but players can't run around and do what they wish without violating contracts.

In my mind - stupid. Do it in a few years if you want to

It is his right. First, you don't know what his contract says. And second, I'm pretty sure if there is anything in there about doing dangerous things, it simply allows a team to void the contract. Hence, it's still his right to choose what he does.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
That's my favorite comment from the article, this guy is stuck in 1992:

cowpiesnotcowboys says: Jul 13, 2013 8:18 AM

This was no big deal for him. As a Seahawk, he is used running for his life from dominant opponents

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Blitzer88":v1eez3jl said:
I have no problem with this. Let him enjoy himself.

If he gets enjoyment from an "adrenalin rush", then where does one "draw the line" for an appropriate risk?

There are places to be in this "event" which poses little risk...on the other hand, there are places where one has to be drunk and have a "death wish" to participate in this event.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Running for his life from dominant opponents?? He DOMINATED the dude's Cowboys, and was a pro-bowl LT. Wow

kira

Reaction score
Wow I wouldn't want anyone on my team doing this. We are trying to win super bowls. Last thing any teams need is a player they was counting on to be out for being impaled by a bull. If what some are saying is true and he was just watching fine then that's ok. Players who do stuff that could get them hurt are very selfish or if they are going to do it atleast do it right after your team is out of the playoff's before FA even begins so teams can address you being gone from the team because you wanted a "Rush".....