Richard Sherman is an amazing young man.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That's a reasonable theory Chrispy.

Another is the team's 'always compete' philosophy allows talented players the opportunity to display their talents quickly and quicker than might be possible elsewhere.

Encouragement to advance up the ladder if you can get it done is part of the philosophy of the team. Thus a talent like Sherman isn't forced to languish as a backup if he can successfully challenge the guy ahead of him on the depth chart.

My genuine sense is the real Sherman is a far different animal than the persona created by the media; he quietly seems to be a very genuine kind hearted man who has a superior intellect instead of the big mouth blowhard the press is quick to attempt to colour him as being.

dbmack

Reaction score
Earl Thomas talking about Sherman, from an article about the celebrity softball game:

"I'm glad he's doing this, because a lot of people take him for the Sherm he is on the field, but he's totally different off the field," Thomas said. "You can't say enough about him.

"You have to be confident, you've got to be like that when you're playing football," Thomas added. "I don't want him to change. I always say, 'Be you. This is what got you here, stick with it.' But off the field he's humble, in the classroom he's humble."

Source: http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201307 ... /707089933

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Met Sherm yesterday at the 12th Man Tour. Was doing autographs and pics apparentely weren't allowed. We got to the front and I said I had nothing to sign and just wanted to shake his hand and maybe get a pic of him holding my newborn baby. He immediately sprang up with a huge smile and basically snatched my daughter outta my girls hands. Ended up getting a whole bunch of pics. We also talked about how much of a goof Revis is and how we both re-watched the ATL game this week and how choked it left both of us. Also met Branton Sherman who was sitting next to him eating a burger, I think I was the only one who recognized him and he was seemingly pretty stoked about it haha. Love this team !

Sherm

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
She is going to treasure that picture her whole life. How cool. :th2thumbs:

12thManNorth

Reaction score
And for anybody wondering about onfield production, from Espn.com today.

Seahawks Pass Defense
With Sherman On/Off Field
ON OFF
TD-Int 11-20 7-2
Comp pct 56.8 66.7
Yds per att 6.7 7.3
Total QBR 37.0 72.4
>> Since 2011 Regular Season

All I can say to that is WOW ! As much as I love Earl Thomas, RW3, Beastmode, Percy Harvin, or anybody else, as far as I'm concerned, Sherm is our best player. Seeing stats like this just proves it to me

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey 12th, I was up there as well. My friends (Ryan and Tam and Andy) live up there and ran the Canadian Seahawkers booths etc. Got to play some flag football, meet Sherm, Red and Baldwin. All were super cool, and Sherm is truly a classy guy. It's funny how everyone else in the country thinks he's a punk etc. Not the case at all.

Also, he handled the Punk Niner and Packers fans w/total class too. That Niner fan needed a good throat punch. Classless, but not a shocker.