Lynch DUI trial date set for after Christmas (PFT Link)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
i don't claim to be a seahawks fan, i thought my username might give that away (it isnt rocket science). I am just here to provoke thought. I don't troll.

How do you think Wilson would do in Indy with teams having to key on Donald Brown or Vick Ballard?
and refresh your luck stance with him having Harvin, Rice and Lynch?
From May 7. I don't troll. Bullshit.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Finally, one in our favor. Not until after the season and hopefully a court extension till after the SuperBowl. Then, Marshawn can do his home arrest while admiring his Super Bowl ring. :mrgreen:

nepahawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3oynr6n6 said:
NJSeaHawk":3oynr6n6 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/lynch-dui-trial-date-set-for-after-christmas/

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, a pretrial hearing Thursday confirmed that Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch won’t stand trial before a jury until Dec. 27.

The article leaves out a bit of legalese.

The Dec. 27 date doesn't mean opening statements in front of a jury. It's a hearing for trial readiness based on the Pre-Trial motion to suppress scheduled for November. They still need to do Jury Selection, the trial itself and depending on the outcome a sentencing hearing.
You're not going to see an actual verdict until February and a sentencing hearing until two weeks later. The NFL isn't going to suspend him until the conclusion of his case (Sentencing or Lynch pleads out) and even then it's no guarantee that they will. It is his first violation under the substance abuse policy in the collective bargaining agreement and the NFL does not typically suspend for first violations in this regard.

In summary, it is very unlikely that any suspension will happen this year. Worry if you want. Call Goodell a Nazi if you want. But i'll go to Vegas and bet that he doesn't get suspended this year unless he settles or the DA drops the case. They're simply isn't enough time to resolve if the case goes to verdict.

Would there be a jury trial with a DUI case with no injuries? Or would the case just be heard by a judge? Or did I miss some key information on his case?

Not that it really matters, just wondering.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Basis4day":37f4sp9c said:
They use juries for dui cases in alameda country.

They can or they do? In WA, the defense can request a bench trial and just have a judge decide it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":257h2sll said:
Basis4day":257h2sll said:
They use juries for dui cases in alameda country.

They can or they do? In WA, the defense can request a bench trial and just have a judge decide it.

They do. Most DUI cases never get that far and are plead out.

Another thing to consider. A Dec 27th Trial date is between Christmas and New Years. Most judges aren't going to want to sit a jury in that time frame. The case would likely get kicked pending outcome of Motion to Suppress hearing.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Good thing. Alameda Cnty is full of 49er fans... He wouldn't get a fare trial, especially during the playoffs. I can see it now, 12 men and women all in 9ers gear in jury box.

Basis4day

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1ca1vt1i said:
Good thing. Alameda Cnty is full of 49er fans... He wouldn't get a fare trial, especially during the playoffs. I can see it now, 12 men and women all in 9ers gear in jury box.

That would be vetted in Voir Dire.

Alameda is also full of Cal fans. Lynch actually has quite of bit of fans in this area for that reason.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if you're a 49er player, Assault is no big deal. Funny how yet another violent crime was magically dropped. If you're a Hawk and pee outside, you're arrested. If you knock a bottle over a guy's head and punch him numerous times, and you're a 49er player, it's no biggie. smh