Beastquake

drrew

Reaction score
I like to watch the beastquake every month or so, it's the greatest single play I've ever seen in football, and Mike Mayock's call on the replay was perfect.

Anyway, a couple things stood out when watching it repeatedly this morning instead of working.

1. Almost everyone is gone. Marshawn, Okung, and Robinson are the only guys left from the play.

2. Tyler Polumbus laying a block 65 yards from the line of scrimmage. The entire play was just a beautiful example of extreme effort leading to something magical, but to see your RG on the play, a guy who is 6'8 300lbs, run for 60+ yards and then lay a block was something I can't imagine we'll ever see again from an offensive lineman.

Barry Sanders vs the Cowboys, Bo Jackson's two vs the Broncos (much better runs than vs the Hawks) and Steve Young vs the Vikings could be argued to be better plays by the individual ball carriers, but the all out effort by the team as a whole makes this, in my opinion, the best play ever, and it perfectly sums up why I love being a Seattle Seahawks fan.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think half the team was down there blocking by the time Marshawn got to the endzone.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
They were just trying to beat him to the end zone to congratulate him, and figured they'd throw a block on the way.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The effort by every man on the field for that play epitomizes the culture that Pete has created in Seattle.

How ironic that many in the fanbase never wanted that game to happen (for draft position, mind you).

I'm not pulling a holier than thou (although I am certainly not above doing that).

I only believe it is a lesson worth reminding ourselves of.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
What can you say about a fan that would rather lose than win?

I too watch that play atleast once a month but I watch it while putting the team on my back tho , HOLD MY D

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
bestfightstory":47ii1t7d said:
The effort by every man on the field for that play epitomizes the culture that Pete has created in Seattle.

How ironic that many in the fanbase never wanted that game to happen (for draft position, mind you).

I'm not pulling a holier than thou (although I am certainly not above doing that).

I only believe it is a lesson worth reminding ourselves of.

I knew then, after some LONG years of bad football, to appreciate every playoff game. We had some long discussions here at the time, and I understood the rationale behind the opposing arguments.

"Beastquake" summarizes in one word why, even during down times (like a 7-9 season with low expectations of victory and facing the prospect of dropping 15 slots in the first round), you cherish every moment of playoff football.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2vf78uwh said:

There was a pretty heated discussion about this, too. I'm with you, I wanted it to happen, (which is also why I bought 100-level tickets to that game) but I can also understand the other side, even if I think it's ridiculous and disagree with it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2i8dsog2 said:
bestfightstory":2i8dsog2 said:

There was a pretty heated discussion about this, too. I'm with you, I wanted it to happen, (which is also why I bought 100-level tickets to that game) but I can also understand the other side, even if I think it's ridiculous and disagree with it.

And for those wishing us to take a fall, how'd it work out in the end? (ffwd to today's team after a couple fantastic drafts...)

bellingerga

Reaction score
there are too many people that think a couple of draft positions are going to make or break your team's future.

Pete and Schneider have proven that an educated front office that puts in their work, and works cohesively together is what makes or breaks your team's draft, and future.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck came this close to incurring a block in the back on that run. I'm glad he didn't get called. It made sure he had a terrific final home game (4 TD's).

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
That game was one of my favorite ever. I don't recall another game where everyone fought for every extra yard on every play. Hasslebeck the receivers. . Everyone every yard was hard fought. Great game in Hawk history puncuated by the best run ever.

Latest posts