Browner studying MMA

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":cy813e0b said:
Omahawk":cy813e0b said:
WTF? I want no one, absolutely no one, associated with the Seattle Seahawks to also be associated with MMA. Boxing, MMA, Ultimate Fighting (or whatever you meatheads call it) is nothing more than a stupidity contest. Fighting is stupid. Bring on the arguments.* Who wants a real fight?
*Spoiler alert, although talking is better than actual fisticuffs, walking away and ignoring the aggressor is always best.

Go cry into your pillow during Seahawks games instead of watching them.
Iro you're my third favorite person on .net::)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, someone is butthurt because a guy who plays physical wants to do some MMA? Might be time to put on some big boy pants. Do your thing BB!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kobebryant":odkgfz0w said:
Omahawk":odkgfz0w said:
WTF? I want no one, absolutely no one, associated with the Seattle Seahawks to also be associated with MMA. Boxing, MMA, Ultimate Fighting (or whatever you meatheads call it) is nothing more than a stupidity contest. Fighting is stupid. Bring on the arguments.* Who wants a real fight?
*Spoiler alert, although talking is better than actual fisticuffs, walking away and ignoring the aggressor is always best.

I respectfully disagree, though I am not interested in having a debate about it.

I also have little interest in MMA but I respect their training and understand that it is some of the most beneficial training out there. As for fighting, anyone with a father learned at a young age how to fight, and to make sure to throw the first punch (otherwise you start at a major disadvantage). I love boxing; watching a cat like Money Mayweather or Roy Jones do his thing is magical, and those Ward-Gatti tilts were timeless.

I have been in a few tilts in my life (mostly when sticking up for a girlfriend or date), where walking away and ignoring the aggressor is never an option if you want to get laid and keep your man card.
Hmm...weird. I always found it better to NOT throw the first punch. That first one is usually the easiest one to see. Avoid it and you pretty much got em.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jay Glazer did an interview before the SB about his MMA training programs where he pointed out that the conditioning is the real benefit, and most players don't cope well with the fighting side of the sport. They are damn near naked compared to all the NFL protective gear they wear in their combat.

However, there were a couple of NFL players that he pointed out as being MMA studs, and one was DeShawn Goldson, then of the Niners. In the beatdown on Harbaugh's birthday, Goldson had two plays that reminded me of his MMA skills. One, he got crunched by Lynch after a nice gain, but used Marshawn's momentum and tackled Lynch by his HEAD. THe other was the body slam and takedown of Baldwin. Culliver got the personal for drilling Baldwin in support, but the truth is there was nothing illegal I could see.

There are three clear benenfits and one drawback to this training.
Browner's already bad man reputation will be further enhanced, and scared receivers seem to have short arms. Really, if you are not a tough guy yourself, watching film of Browner the week before facing him will make the yellow stripe pretty obvious to all by about the mid first quarter of gameday.
Browner is in a contract year of sorts, he could be tagged or designated RFA, and being in peak physical condition can only make him more money. Browner wants to get paid badly. It comes through in the interviews of him I have seen.
Browner might actually have the chops for the Martial side of the sport, and there are places on the field for using an opponents momentum against him.

The drawback? Browner is already a must watch for officials who are flaghappy for hits that look mean. Browner has had a problem already with being grabby with his hands. MMA is not going to teach him not to grab some jersey now and then, far from it, MMA features those tactics.

If I my druthers, all players would crosstrain some. I think all Oline and Dline players should have some wrestling training.

OP
OP
Subzero717

Subzero717

Reaction score
Scottemojo":pkbz4cdd said:
I think all Oline and Dline players should have some wrestling training.

Steven Neal would agree. BTW MMA fans he beat Lesnar and Carwin in collegiate wrestling. IIRC he was the only man to do so.

SeaChase

Reaction score
On one side of the field we have Sherman with the verbal abuse, and on the other side we have Browner with the physical abuse..

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Yeah you definitely get the image of kids on a playground, little Sherm the Worm shooting his mouth off. But when three guys move in to shut his mouth up, big bad BB (BBBB) moves into the middle--fight is over in seconds, bodies piled everywhere.

No messing around with that dude.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dy3f0w1 said:
Trenchbroom":2dy3f0w1 said:
big bad BB (BBBB)

I like that. I propose that you allow me to steal it, and refer to it as "B-4".

Well, my thinking is b4(before) roughly translates to Alpha.

So therefore Browner is The Alpha, and with Kam putting opposing players violently down for night night, I'd assume he'd be The Omega ? :p

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That works, too. :) Except, we need to keep B-4 hyphenated, so people don't think we're 13-year-old girls shortening the word "before".

"luv u lots ill b home b4 9". *shudder*

bigcc

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ds4hfe66 said:
I think all Oline and Dline players should have some wrestling training.

If I recall an article I read correctly, Okung is participating in MMA this offseason.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Next thing he'll be complaining because he saw a Hawks player eat Pizza. "There's too many carbs in pizza, it's going to ruin our team"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Next thing he'll be complaining because he saw a Hawks player eat Pizza. "There's too many carbs in pizza, it's going to ruin our team"

Latest posts