Browner studying MMA

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Browner studying MMA
Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:29 pm
  • With Jay Glazer. I love this guy. I'll post a link when I get home. He is my favorite Hawk on defense.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Re: Browner studying MMA
Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:43 pm
  • That's awesome! And helps explain this:

and this:

Browner is mannnn!
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:47 pm
  • nategreat wrote:That's awesome! And helps explain this:

and this:

Browner is mannnn!

I like when he looks at Jennings like "c'mon fool"
    Watching Beast Mode run the ball.
    Catching a Bo Jackson baseball. Kingdome, centerfield, over the cannon.
    Jim Presley with a full count, 2 out, down by 3, bottom of the 9th Grand Slam.

My favorite all time sports memory
    "The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!"
    JaiSeaSea
    NET Starter

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:50 pm
  • That aint good for other teams but real good news for Hawks fans because they will teach him how use better leverage do you know what styles he is learning?
    kira
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:55 pm
  • That GB game was so awesome!
    When life slips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall.
    http://www.yakimamavericks.org
    Soppie
    NET Starter

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:07 pm
  • I hope he fights next offseason , It would be awesome.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:59 pm
  • BB is a BMF.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:15 pm
  • Just when you get to thinking that Browner's already as bad as one man can get... There can't be a wide receiver in the league who cherishes an opportunity to line up across from the Brownersaurus. If there is, he's probably shitting himself in abject terror, or will be upon reading this news.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:33 pm
  • This is awesome, just gonna make BB that much tougher and more physical.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 pm
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:I hope he fights next offseason , It would be awesome.

If that were to happen it would probably be week one. Steve Smith was the only WR they played last year that showed any pride, fought back and tried to match the physicality. I don't think he caught a damn thing all game, but he didn't wuss out.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:57 pm
  • kobebryant wrote:
    EastCoastHawksFan wrote:I hope he fights next offseason , It would be awesome.

If that were to happen it would probably be week one. Steve Smith was the only WR they played last year that showed any pride, fought back and tried to match the physicality. I don't think he caught a damn thing all game, but he didn't wuss out.

That wouldn't be a fight, Browner would manhandle Steve Smith (as tough as he may be)!
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:BB is a BMF.

CANHawk...Your avatar is amazing...that is so Vancouver.
    you want a lil woo woooooooooooo
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 pm
  • Omahawk wrote:WTF? I want no one, absolutely no one, associated with the Seattle Seahawks to also be associated with MMA. Boxing, MMA, Ultimate Fighting (or whatever you meatheads call it) is nothing more than a stupidity contest. Fighting is stupid. Bring on the arguments.* Who wants a real fight?
    *Spoiler alert, although talking is better than actual fisticuffs, walking away and ignoring the aggressor is always best.

I respectfully disagree, though I am not interested in having a debate about it.

I also have little interest in MMA but I respect their training and understand that it is some of the most beneficial training out there. As for fighting, anyone with a father learned at a young age how to fight, and to make sure to throw the first punch (otherwise you start at a major disadvantage). I love boxing; watching a cat like Money Mayweather or Roy Jones do his thing is magical, and those Ward-Gatti tilts were timeless.

I have been in a few tilts in my life (mostly when sticking up for a girlfriend or date), where walking away and ignoring the aggressor is never an option if you want to get laid and keep your man card.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:11 am
  • So, he's decided to try and become this era's Mel Blount? Cool.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 am
  • kobebryant wrote:
    Omahawk wrote:WTF? I want no one, absolutely no one, associated with the Seattle Seahawks to also be associated with MMA. Boxing, MMA, Ultimate Fighting (or whatever you meatheads call it) is nothing more than a stupidity contest. Fighting is stupid. Bring on the arguments.* Who wants a real fight?
    *Spoiler alert, although talking is better than actual fisticuffs, walking away and ignoring the aggressor is always best.

I respectfully disagree, though I am not interested in having a debate about it.

I also have little interest in MMA but I respect their training and understand that it is some of the most beneficial training out there. As for fighting, anyone with a father learned at a young age how to fight, and to make sure to throw the first punch (otherwise you start at a major disadvantage). I love boxing; watching a cat like Money Mayweather or Roy Jones do his thing is magical, and those Ward-Gatti tilts were timeless.

I have been in a few tilts in my life (mostly when sticking up for a girlfriend or date), where walking away and ignoring the aggressor is never an option if you want to get laid and keep your man card.

wtf? where did this Omahawk post come from? I don't see it in the thread. Is it from somewhere else or I'm trippin??
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:11 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:
    Omahawk wrote:WTF? I want no one, absolutely no one, associated with the Seattle Seahawks to also be associated with MMA. Boxing, MMA, Ultimate Fighting (or whatever you meatheads call it) is nothing more than a stupidity contest. Fighting is stupid. Bring on the arguments.* Who wants a real fight?

wtf? where did this Omahawk post come from? I don't see it in the thread. Is it from somewhere else or I'm trippin??

He probably deleted it after he was quoted.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:14 am
  • Whoa. Bill & Ted. Rufus. I didn't even know you could delete a post. Trippy.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 am
  • Have you all ever noticed how the other DB's treat him on the Real Rob Report?He is the baddest boy on the block.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:59 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Whoa. Bill & Ted. Rufus. I didn't even know you could delete a post. Trippy.

Yessir, there is a delete button. Never saw it at any other site I frequent (which are few) because I tend to edit because I phone post and have cerebral palsy. So my brain works faster than my fingers.:)

And someone said, why don't you just delete instead of multiple edits? Damn cool I think.:)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:11 am
  • Omahawk wrote:WTF? I want no one, absolutely no one, associated with the Seattle Seahawks to also be associated with MMA. Boxing, MMA, Ultimate Fighting (or whatever you meatheads call it) is nothing more than a stupidity contest. Fighting is stupid. Bring on the arguments.* Who wants a real fight?

Go cry into your pillow during Seahawks games instead of watching them.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:25 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:

Go cry into your pillow during Seahawks games instead of watching them.

Iro you're my third favorite person on .net::)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:31 am
  • Wow, someone is butthurt because a guy who plays physical wants to do some MMA? Might be time to put on some big boy pants. Do your thing BB!
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:45 am
  • kobebryant wrote:

Hmm...weird. I always found it better to NOT throw the first punch. That first one is usually the easiest one to see. Avoid it and you pretty much got em.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:31 am
  • Jay Glazer did an interview before the SB about his MMA training programs where he pointed out that the conditioning is the real benefit, and most players don't cope well with the fighting side of the sport. They are damn near naked compared to all the NFL protective gear they wear in their combat.

However, there were a couple of NFL players that he pointed out as being MMA studs, and one was DeShawn Goldson, then of the Niners. In the beatdown on Harbaugh's birthday, Goldson had two plays that reminded me of his MMA skills. One, he got crunched by Lynch after a nice gain, but used Marshawn's momentum and tackled Lynch by his HEAD. THe other was the body slam and takedown of Baldwin. Culliver got the personal for drilling Baldwin in support, but the truth is there was nothing illegal I could see.

There are three clear benenfits and one drawback to this training.
    Browner's already bad man reputation will be further enhanced, and scared receivers seem to have short arms. Really, if you are not a tough guy yourself, watching film of Browner the week before facing him will make the yellow stripe pretty obvious to all by about the mid first quarter of gameday.
    Browner is in a contract year of sorts, he could be tagged or designated RFA, and being in peak physical condition can only make him more money. Browner wants to get paid badly. It comes through in the interviews of him I have seen.
    Browner might actually have the chops for the Martial side of the sport, and there are places on the field for using an opponents momentum against him.

The drawback? Browner is already a must watch for officials who are flaghappy for hits that look mean. Browner has had a problem already with being grabby with his hands. MMA is not going to teach him not to grab some jersey now and then, far from it, MMA features those tactics.

If I my druthers, all players would crosstrain some. I think all Oline and Dline players should have some wrestling training.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:33 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:I think all Oline and Dline players should have some wrestling training.

Steven Neal would agree. BTW MMA fans he beat Lesnar and Carwin in collegiate wrestling. IIRC he was the only man to do so.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:24 am
  • On one side of the field we have Sherman with the verbal abuse, and on the other side we have Browner with the physical abuse..
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:36 am
  • Yeah you definitely get the image of kids on a playground, little Sherm the Worm shooting his mouth off. But when three guys move in to shut his mouth up, big bad BB (BBBB) moves into the middle--fight is over in seconds, bodies piled everywhere.

No messing around with that dude.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:41 am
  • Trenchbroom wrote:big bad BB (BBBB)

I like that. I propose that you allow me to steal it, and refer to it as "B-4".
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:42 am
  • LOL. I think we've established that Omahawk is a post menopausal woman...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 am
  • Football isn't for sissies, and Browner is EXACTLY the type of player I love having on the Hawks.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:22 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:big bad BB (BBBB)

Jennings Before

VS.

Jennings After B-4

"When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:big bad BB (BBBB)

Well, my thinking is b4(before) roughly translates to Alpha.

So therefore Browner is The Alpha, and with Kam putting opposing players violently down for night night, I'd assume he'd be The Omega ? :-p
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 am
  • That works, too. :) Except, we need to keep B-4 hyphenated, so people don't think we're 13-year-old girls shortening the word "before".

"luv u lots ill b home b4 9". *shudder*
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:31 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:I think all Oline and Dline players should have some wrestling training.

If I recall an article I read correctly, Okung is participating in MMA this offseason.
    bigcc
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:30 pm
  • Omahawk... good grief 'man'. Man up buddy.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 pm
  • Next thing he'll be complaining because he saw a Hawks player eat Pizza. "There's too many carbs in pizza, it's going to ruin our team"
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 pm
  • Next thing he'll be complaining because he saw a Hawks player eat Pizza. "There's too many carbs in pizza, it's going to ruin our team"
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information