Our favorite whipping boy

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
13. Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals: Lewis is 79-80-1, which isn't great.

15. Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks: His career record also has him only four games over .500. That's just OK.

LOL. Just brilliant Prisco.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Given some of the rules of the rankings, it's not a totally unfair evaluation. He should probably be ahead of Marvin Lewis given the fact he's won 2 games in the postseason, but before last year, his record for Seattle was 14-18 in regular season games and it was only the great run last year that put him over the top of the .500 mark. Prisco also mentions he's on the rise. Prisco sucks most of the time, but until the wins come, Pete's still going to have his doubters. (Which will end after the Super Bowl win this year. :) )

Basis4day

Reaction score
I thought Carp was the .net whipping boy right now.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I generally enjoy Prisco because he's kind of a subtle troll and has no qualms about going against the popular media grain on any given subject, but he's way off on this one with Carroll.

Hard to believe he's the same guy that spent an hour defending Richard Sherman's eliteness on Twitter.

A

Anonymous

KCHawkGirl":2t8pujui said:
Beautiful, the chips just keep coming don't they? Stop me before I squee.

Aaaaaaa... before you what?

A

Anonymous

I don't mind Prisco either.

I thought we were routinely beating up on the hacks at Bleacher Report?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3ji8zew1 said:

We do, but that has transitioned more into automatically sticking qualifiers before every B/R post, and trying to make fun of people that post them in a perceived-to-be-cool manner.

kearly

Reaction score
Fun fact:

When Bill Belichick won his first Superbowl, he had a regular season record of 16-16 with the Patriots in two seasons.

After he won this 3rd superbowl and reached dynasty status, his career regular season record as a head coach (including previous stints) was just 89-71 over ten seasons, meaning that his teams, on average, were just a shade below 9-7.

I wonder if Pete Prisco was a Bill Belichick doubter in the early 2000s? Just looking at wins without context is pretty stupid.

A

Anonymous

RolandDeschain":2wp3tvtp said:
HoustonHawk82":2wp3tvtp said:

We do, but that has transitioned more into automatically sticking qualifiers before every B/R post, and trying to make fun of people that post them in a perceived-to-be-cool manner.

Excellent! (cue the Mr. Burns gif...)

Now I know when and who to bash when the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks RD!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":18294978 said:
Fun fact:

When Bill Belichick won his first Superbowl, he had a regular season record of 16-16 with the Patriots in two seasons.

After he won this 3rd superbowl and reached dynasty status, his career regular season record as a head coach (including previous stints) was just 89-71 over ten seasons, meaning that he was, his teams, on average, were just a shade below 9-7.

I wonder if Pete Prisco was a Bill Belichick doubter in the early 2000s? Just looking at wins without context is pretty stupid.
Prisco probably thinks Barry Switzer was damn good.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":24guv4zw said:
It's amazing how good a coach you become when you have a franchise qb.

IDK, I think most people don't give Pete enough credit considering the squad he beat the defending world champion Saints with in the playoffs after squeaking in at 7-9.

formido

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2gtd8jbl said:
It's amazing how good a coach you become when you have a franchise qb.

Indeed. Which is why obtaining a franchise QB says a lot about a coach.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
formido":k3ul9peb said:
Indeed. Which is why obtaining a franchise QB says a lot about a coach.

That may not be true anymore, or much longer. 4 franchise QBs drafted last year; it seems like now, we are seeing more and more QBs stay longer/learn more in college, but also that are learning a lot more about being a QB at a younger age such as junior high, high school, etc. I suspect finding a good QB will be increasingly less difficult with each passing year or two.

We'll have to wait and see.

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
I don't like Pete because he's your coach, but to place him as a middle of the pack coach is just..... stupid. The job he has done with the Seahawks since his arrival is not something to ignore. Can't judge a coach on the job they did with another team.