Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...

heyu123

Reaction score
hawker84":20yl4jm8 said:
You can point to the very small minority who don't like Sherman, but most will continue to not care what he does because he is a great player and a Seahawk

never said we all don't like him.. We all love him as a player and the person he truly is.. there is some that does not care for all the talk..

Far as Carroll is concerned, i can't speak for anyone else, but i could care less what he did in college, it's all about what he's doing for my Seahawks..

Yes, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here. Obviously there isn't going to be unanimous love for either Sherman or Kaepernick's personalities. But I think by and large we can both say they're well liked by each fanbase.

The Carroll point was just to point out that he, like Kaepernick, kind of has that "goober" factor as was pointed out earlier. Doesn't really bother many though as long as he is your goober.

bubbrubb

Reaction score
I'd much rather have Kaep's antics (if you even wanna call em that) over Sherm's. Kaep is a classy guy that likes to party...so what?

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
Yeah, Sherman has done so many horrible things since he's come into the league. I can't even begin to catalogue them all...

JOz56

Reaction score
bubbrubb":6l8vxc57 said:
I'd much rather have Kaep's antics (if you even wanna call em that) over Sherm's. Kaep is a classy guy that likes to party...so what?

Yeah, someone setting up charities and pushing youth to realize and achieve their goals is really disappointing.

bubbrubb

Reaction score
JOz56":19xxbld4 said:
bubbrubb":19xxbld4 said:

Yeah, someone setting up charities and pushing youth to realize and achieve their goals is really disappointing.

Im pretty sure most NFL players do that stuff. He looked like a punk on Bayless's show....nota good example when it comes to on the field. Dont be mad.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
heyu123":mrv2qq7g said:
Sure Kaepernick's not Russell Wilson in demeanor, but he's pretty harmless overall. Not like he trashes the Seahawks organization like Sherman trashes Harbaugh.

Yes but don't forget that Sherman's beef with Harbaugh IS personal, from their Stanford days when Harbaugh screwed him as a WR and dismissed him as a CB. It's bigger than running your mouth about a divisional opponent.

Both he and Baldwin hate Harbaugh from their Stanford days-grist for the mill in our argument that when your team starts to lose the meltdown will make Singletary's time there look quiet and quaint in comparison.

But that's a different argument for a different time.

heyu123

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3eoj0xql said:
heyu123":3eoj0xql said:
Sure Kaepernick's not Russell Wilson in demeanor, but he's pretty harmless overall. Not like he trashes the Seahawks organization like Sherman trashes Harbaugh.

Yes but don't forget that Sherman's beef with Harbaugh IS personal, from their Stanford days when Harbaugh screwed him as a WR and dismissed him as a CB. It's bigger than running your mouth about a divisional opponent.

Both he and Baldwin hate Harbaugh from their Stanford days-grist for the mill in our argument that when your team starts to lose the meltdown will make Singletary's time there look quiet and quaint in comparison.

I do get that for Sherman and Baldwin there's some personal stuff there. Though I believe both are quick to forget it was Harbaugh who helped them to begin with. Sherman was not highly regarded coming out of HS, he was only a 3 star prospect by scout.com with offers from Nevada and Mississippi St. Without Harbaugh later moving him to CB, he is not where he is today. I think he's quick to forget that, it's not like he was getting offered by USC, Alabama or Texas. Baldwin had even less interest in him coming out of HS, no major conference team even wanted him or offered.

It seems kind of over the line to me to be so mad at Harbaugh. It's OK to hold a grudge of some sort, but to be so public is odd.

*Edited to fix my info

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I imagine if Kaep was a Seahawk... :pukeface: ....then the comments would go something like this:

"Kaepernick's swagger is awesome!"

"He has the confidence of a seasoned vet!"

"He doesn't care about any negative opinions and does whatever it takes to win!

"He has the strongest arms of any QB...I would showcase them in the endzone too!"

:thirishdrinkers:

JOz56

Reaction score
bubbrubb":3ne4orur said:
JOz56":3ne4orur said:
bubbrubb":3ne4orur said:

Im pretty sure most NFL players do that stuff. He looked like a punk on Bayless's show....nota good example when it comes to on the field. Dont be mad.

And right before the interview Skip was saying what a punk Sherman was, how he was nothing and that he (being Skip) was going to put him in his place. That obviously couldn't have been the cause to any sort of agitation. Plus it lead to one of the greatest terms ever. And yeah, most NFL players may have charities, but that doesn't somehow diminish what the man does in the community. And I ain't mad, just pointing out the ridiculousness. :th2thumbs:

NinerLifer, of course that's what it would be. That is fandom in general. You guys would absolutely hate him if he was a Hawk :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bubbrubb":1tyro74v said:
JOz56":1tyro74v said:
bubbrubb":1tyro74v said:

He flat out owned Kraeper in December.... Don't be mad!

Crizilla

Reaction score
heyu123":vdgdcjbt said:
Well, considering everyone here loves Sherman I'm sure they'd love Kaepernick too.

the only reason he is hated here is obviously because he is a Niner. If he was a Hawk he'd be defended and loved.

Speak for yourself. He has talent. Nobody is questioning that. But I would clearly be more of a fan of RW than Kaep if Kaep was QB for the hawks. Wearing other teams hats, looking "swagged" out at the ESPY's, posing nude, and having a touchdown celebration in which you kiss your biceps has nothing to do with what team he plays for. He's immature. That's obvious.

And I love Sherman but I thought it was a big mistake going on First Take. I'm not going to say it was a great idea for him to do that just because he plays for the hawks. That's irrelevant.

heyu123

Reaction score
Even if Russell Wilson played for the 49ers? I highly doubt it

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I actually like Kaeperstank. I would enjoy him as the QB of the Hawks, his antics are very low level and harmless.

I can't say I would defend him, but I would be fine with him as the QB. I'm not saying I would take him over RW, not even close, but I think the Hawks would have been close to the same team with Kaeperstank under center.

YOLO... he is enjoying himself while he can. If he hurts his knee or has a career ending injury he can at least have enjoyed the little time he had. You just never know.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
heyu123":oqzwwp61 said:
Trenchbroom":oqzwwp61 said:
heyu123":oqzwwp61 said:

I do get that for Sherman and Baldwin there's some personal stuff there. Though I believe both are quick to forget it was Harbaugh who gave them a great opportunity to begin with. Sherman was not highly regarded coming out of HS, he was only a 3 star prospect by scout.com with offers from Nevada and Mississippi St. Without Harbaugh giving him a scholly and later moving him to CB, he is not where he is today. I think he's quick to forget that, it's not like he was getting offered by USC, Alabama or Texas. Baldwin had even less interest in him coming out of HS, no major conference team other than Harbaugh even wanted him or offered.

It seems kind of over the line to me to be so mad at Harbaugh. It's OK to hold a grudge of some sort, but to be so public is odd.
You really are a dumbshit, aren't you? All you really know is there is a grudge. The rest you just wild ass guessed.
Sherman was recruited to Stanford in 2005, Jim started coaching Stanford in 2007. He didn't "scholly" Baldwin either.
Also, the Cardinals were thin at Corner, Richard is the one who asked to move to defense. Harbs and him didn't get on so well anyway, Harbs was fine with it.

You could have had them both with a 4th and a 7th. Same draft you took Taylor Mays.

Facts Jack. Check your shit.

heyu123

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2kh65dzo said:
You really are a dumbshit, aren't you? All you really know is there is a grudge. The rest you just wild ass guessed.
Sherman was recruited to Stanford in 2005, Jim started coaching Stanford in 2007. He didn't "scholly" Baldwin either.
Also, the Cardinals were thin at Corner, Richard is the one who asked to move to defense. Harbs and him didn't get on so well anyway, Harbs was fine with it.

You could have had them both with a 4th and a 7th. Same draft you took Taylor Mays.

Ha, you are correct. I edited my post.

However, the point still remains. Neither Sherman nor Baldwin were any good coming out of HS. they got offers from NOBODY. I find it hard to believe Harbaugh and his staff didn't do way more good for their careers than bad.

You think Sherman still makes the NFL with Walt Harris as his coach? No way. Therefore, his public bashing of Harbaugh is completely misplaced. And due to that, like I said, it's way more warranted for Niner fans to hate Sherman than Seahawk fans to hate Kaepernick, whose only fault is maybe he's "annoying."

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2w0ylia2 said:
IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove. Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.

Interesting. I like the perspective. People think that a player will go anywhere, and be that same player, but I think you're right Kearly. It's possible that Kaepernick wouldn't have developed as well here with Pete.

Then again, he sat for a year behind Alex Smith, and from all accounts, he's a model team mate and leader. He wasn't douchy at Nevada at all, and yes the bicep kissing thing would be annoying if he were playing for us. I thought he would be good after I watched him at Nevada, and I would've been fine with us drafting him.

I'm still liking Russell Wilson a ton though. His intangibles are freaking insane.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
heyu123":2xi8n8fi said:
Scottemojo":2xi8n8fi said:

Ha, you are correct. I edited my post.

However, the point still remains. Neither Sherman nor Baldwin were any good coming out of HS. they got offers from NOBODY. I find it hard to believe Harbaugh and his staff didn't do way more good for their careers than bad.

You think Sherman still makes the NFL with Walt Harris as his coach? No way. Therefore, his public bashing of Harbaugh is completely misplaced. And due to that, like I said, it's way more warranted for Niner fans to hate Sherman than Seahawk fans to hate Kaepernick, whose only fault is maybe he's "annoying."
He isn't annoying, he is a douchebag. Sherman is annoying. Sherman was not highly recruited, but partly because his goddawful high school nearly lost accredidation.

Here is what is scary about Sherman: He is still learning to play corner. Sherman's best years are still ahead, and he is going to be a thorn in your side for years. He was awful at the senior bowl, but our staff did what they do and spotted the talent. I think Harbs is a better coach, I think Pete is awesome at spotting talent. So no, there is no guarantee Sherman would have missed the NFL if Harris had stayed. See: Brandon Browner, Sweezy. Looking under rocks and switching positions based on body type and skill set is what the Hawks do best.

As for Baldwin, he was a priority UDFA for Seattle. He has had his best games vs the Niners, a fact I don't expect to change. It is personal for him, I think he feels Harbs made him some promises that were not kept.

Lets face facts. Your coach is a great offensive mind, but an A-hole who truly puckers up when he loses without grace. Your quarterback is a smart guy who sounds dumb and acts dumber, while repping the Jersey shore. You have a great team with the marketability of herpes. Your coach thinks californians are all pussies (he basically said so in a post season presser), our coach is a zen mofo and our QB is 2nd coming of joe cool (montana). On the field, evenly matched. Off the field, no contest. Go Hawks.

heyu123

Reaction score
There's no arguing Sherman isn't going to be a pain. However, someone had to teach him in college how to play corner. Harbaugh and his staff should get some props there instead of being trashed by Sherman, but that's just my opinion. I've never heard Sherman say anything positive about his college coaches but I could be mistaken.

Most of your other points I agree with, especially about the coaches. Yes Harbaugh is a whiner, but a lot of that is trying to work the refs too.

But...I can't for the life of me understand how you can call Kaep a douche but not Sherman. They either both are or aren't. Kaep doesn't go out of his way to talk about opponents or people in the media, like I said he is harmless.

But then again you're obviously bias about Kaepernick, just as I am Sherman. So there's nothing that will change your thoughts.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
heyu123":1kcuy3w0 said:
There's no arguing Sherman isn't going to be a pain. However, someone had to teach him in college how to play corner. Harbaugh and his staff should get some props there instead of being trashed by Sherman, but that's just my opinion. I've never heard Sherman say anything positive about his college coaches but I could be mistaken.

Most of your other points I agree with, especially about the coaches. Yes Harbaugh is a whiner, but a lot of that is trying to work the refs too.

But...I can't for the life of me understand how you can call Kaep a douche but not Sherman. They either both are or aren't. Kaep doesn't go out of his way to talk about opponents or people in the media, like I said he is harmless.

But then again you're obviously bias about Kaepernick, just as I am Sherman. So there's nothing that will change your thoughts.
Do you know what a douchebag is?

Sherman is a dick. And he is annoying. However, he is an eloquent and cool sumbitch. He stirs the NFL pot. He also owns Kaepernick so far.
Kaep is a douche. He shits on his own fan base when they suggest he should show some team loyalty. He trademarked a douche move. He wears sunglasses inside, wears other teams gear, and interviews like a savant after losses. WWJD? definitely not kiss his arm, pose nude, and get skeezers to suck booze out of his navel (Hey baby, you missed a spot of peach schnapps right there by my scriptures). Douchebag. Did I mention celebrate the SB loss with a new Tat? On the field, awesome. Off it, embarrassing.