Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...

bubbrubb

Reaction score
JOz56":95p6ppbv said:
And right before the interview Skip was saying what a punk Sherman was, how he was nothing and that he (being Skip) was going to put him in his place. That obviously couldn't have been the cause to any sort of agitation. Plus it lead to one of the greatest terms ever. And yeah, most NFL players may have charities, but that doesn't somehow diminish what the man does in the community. And I ain't mad, just pointing out the ridiculousness. :th2thumbs:

NinerLifer, of course that's what it would be. That is fandom in general. You guys would absolutely hate him if he was a Hawk :lol:

Why would he care what Bayless says? He looked like a 10yr old having a temper tantrum because Bayless thought he was a punk.... Krapperdink's attitude > Sherms attitude. Just my opinion.

Giedi

Reaction score
heyu123":sa0tqc66 said:
Well, considering everyone here loves Sherman I'm sure they'd love Kaepernick too.

the only reason he is hated here is obviously because he is a Niner. If he was a Hawk he'd be defended and loved.
This is true. There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers. His name is BJ daniels and I'm pretty sure he'll be the 3rd QB. He'll be a big fan favorite there if or when Kaepernick doesnt do well.

Giedi

Reaction score
heyu123":2ct7dxoc said:
Even if Russell Wilson played for the 49ers? I highly doubt it
I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Giedi":hkxyqgoh said:
heyu123":hkxyqgoh said:
Well, considering everyone here loves Sherman I'm sure they'd love Kaepernick too.

the only reason he is hated here is obviously because he is a Niner. If he was a Hawk he'd be defended and loved.
This is true. There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers. His name is BJ daniels and I'm pretty sure he'll be the 3rd QB. He'll be a big fan favorite there if or when Kaepernick doesnt do well.

I like Daniels and all, but to call him a Russell Wilson clone is a bit much.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1uy90j7j said:
heyu123":1uy90j7j said:
Trenchbroom":1uy90j7j said:
Sure Kaepernick's not Russell Wilson in demeanor, but he's pretty harmless overall. Not like he trashes the Seahawks organization like Sherman trashes Harbaugh.

Yes but don't forget that Sherman's beef with Harbaugh IS personal, from their Stanford days when Harbaugh screwed him as a WR and dismissed him as a CB. It's bigger than running your mouth about a divisional opponent.

Both he and Baldwin hate Harbaugh from their Stanford days-grist for the mill in our argument that when your team starts to lose the meltdown will make Singletary's time there look quiet and quaint in comparison.

But that's a different argument for a different time.

I do get that for Sherman and Baldwin there's some personal stuff there. Though I believe both are quick to forget it was Harbaugh who gave them a great opportunity to begin with. Sherman was not highly regarded coming out of HS, he was only a 3 star prospect by scout.com with offers from Nevada and Mississippi St. Without Harbaugh giving him a scholly and later moving him to CB, he is not where he is today. I think he's quick to forget that, it's not like he was getting offered by USC, Alabama or Texas. Baldwin had even less interest in him coming out of HS, no major conference team other than Harbaugh even wanted him or offered.

It seems kind of over the line to me to be so mad at Harbaugh. It's OK to hold a grudge of some sort, but to be so public is odd.
You really are a dumbshit, aren't you? All you really know is there is a grudge. The rest you just wild ass guessed.
Sherman was recruited to Stanford in 2005, Jim started coaching Stanford in 2007. He didn't "scholly" Baldwin either.
Also, the Cardinals were thin at Corner, Richard is the one who asked to move to defense. Harbs and him didn't get on so well anyway, Harbs was fine with it.

You could have had them both with a 4th and a 7th. Same draft you took Taylor Mays.

Facts Jack. Check your shit.
That's some ownage right there! :th2thumbs:

dbsn2420

Reaction score
When Keap was drafted by SF, I thought the Hawks missed an opportunity, until Wilson arrived. No way I would rather have Keap over Wilson now, this season will pan out those reasons why.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Giedi":tgg8qw9r said:
heyu123":tgg8qw9r said:
I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.

When did Harbag ever play at the highest level? He was in the NFL alright, but his play was at the most average level the whole time, while his douchebaggery just grew and grew. And if RW would be so much more advanced than he is now, how is it that The Crappernik took a year and a half to be not quite as good or advanced?

heyu123

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2t7ei888 said:
Giedi":2t7ei888 said:
heyu123":2t7ei888 said:

When did Harbag ever play at the highest level? He was in the NFL alright, but his play was at the most average level the whole time, while his douchebaggery just grew and grew. And if RW would be so much more advanced than he is now, how is it that The Crappernik took a year and a half to be not quite as good or advanced?

Well, not that I necessarily agree RW would be more advanced. But, there is no level higher than the NFL so he is technically correct. He didn't say he was elite or anything, just that he played.

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2sttkb5i said:
Giedi":2sttkb5i said:
heyu123":2sttkb5i said:

His NFL accolades as a player include a Pro Bowl nomination, NFL Comeback Player of the Year, runner up in the NFL MVP (1995). He is also in the Colts' Ring of Honor and has the second highest completions for the Bears as well, behind Jay Cutler. 14+ seasons too. Would've played in the Super Bowl too, if not for a dropped Hail Mary pass.

Maybe not the HIGHEST level, but to say it was at the "most average level" the whole time shows your bias against the Niners and Harbaugh. I would consider his career to be above average when compared against all the other NFL players in the league at the time.

Shrug.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So what you're saying, Alka, is that Matt Hasselbeck's a better QB than Jim Harbaugh ever was? Hasselbeck went to the Pro Bowl 3x and did play in a Super Bowl, plus he has a better career QB rating, way more passing yards, a better TD-int ratio, and a better completion percentage?

Just sayin', before you go propping up Harbaugh as a player too much.

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":325wuuu2 said:
So what you're saying, Alka, is that Matt Hasselbeck's a better QB than Jim Harbaugh ever was? Hasselbeck went to the Pro Bowl 3x and did play in a Super Bowl, plus he has a better career QB rating, way more passing yards, a better TD-int ratio, and a better completion percentage?

Just sayin', before you go propping up Harbaugh as a player too much.

Sure. I always felt Hasselbeck never got the recognition he deserved for how good of a player he was. Consumate professional as well.

If Luck ever gets injured, Indy has a decent stop gap at QB to continue playing at a high level.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Whoa. A reasonable and intelligent response. Alright, I'm impressed; and I admit I wasn't expecting as much.

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2cza48j2 said:
Whoa. A reasonable and intelligent response. Alright, I'm impressed; and I admit I wasn't expecting as much.

Not all Niner fans are rude and ignorant, contrary to popular belief ;)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Alkasquawlik":1xkmpenk said:
Not all Niner fans are rude and ignorant, contrary to popular belief ;)

I know. :) Just used to that being the norm for 'em around here, haha. You should have seen how many 49ers fans got banned within days of being approved during the season last year around here...It was astronomical.

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
I saw, and I can imagine how irritating it is/was. 5 SUPER BOWLS!!!!! Almost as bad as 42-13!!! that I see on every social media outlet ha.

I've lurked all year, figuring out who the personalities are and what not, before starting to jump into the fray.

Excited for the upcoming season, September cannot come soon enough!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I freely admit the 42-13 thing is stupid, and I've asked several times for people to stop saying it around here, but it didn't help much at the time. At least it's not mentioned too much, anymore.

Also, if you find it hard to earn credibility here, don't take it personally. We literally had two 49ers fans on here for years, and that's it. Then, Harbaugh shows up in San Francisco, and now the place is filled with 49ers fans. You can guess what kind of impression that leaves on us, many of which have been here for a long time (this forum predates the oldest registration dates you see by years, but on another URL, by the way) and were sitting here talking about how much things sucked when we went 4-12 in the last year of Holmgren's tenure, and 5-11 the next with Mora, etc.

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":392qvrde said:
Also, if you find it hard to earn credibility here, don't take it personally. We literally had two 49ers fans on here for years, and that's it. Then, Harbaugh shows up in San Francisco, and now the place is filled with 49ers fans. You can guess what kind of impression that leaves on us, many of which have been here for a long time (this forum predates the oldest registration dates you see by years, but on another URL, by the way) and were sitting here talking about how much things sucked when we went 4-12 in the last year of Holmgren's tenure, and 5-11 the next with Mora, etc.

No worries, I've been on forums enough to know not to take things personally and to have a sense of humor, it's just the internet. Plus, I know I'm in enemy territory, so I've got to tread lightly. I've seen the threads that people have made about Marvin49 and whatnot haha.

I gotta say that the big upswing for both the Niners and Seahawks in recent years have brought out a bunch of irrational homers on both sides that make certain discussions embarrassing/irritating. Such is the case when the teams are winning, so I'll deal with it. Better than sucking and being the laughingstock of the league.

I actually venture into this forum more so than the webzone. I know a lot of posters here always berate certain Niner fans, and ask them "why are you here on another team's forum blah blah blah", and the same thing happens over on the WZ. It actually gets tiresome reading the same fan-boy/homeristic posts in the webzone, especially during the awful offseason, and it's nice to get a different perspective on things from another view point. Plus, I'm an NFL fan in general, so I like to know what's going on with other teams, especially a heavyweight in my team's division. Helps my fantasy knowledge as well haha. Although I gotta say, I read some of the posts that some people make here and it makes me rage :lol: