Heads up for Portland/Vancouver area fans

kearly

Reaction score
Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner will be hosting some kind of event in Vancouver (WA) on Friday that's open to the public. I just heard about it from my brother.

They'll be on tour in Vancouver Friday through Sunday.

Part of the event is a movie night on Friday. 8pm at the Marshall Community Center.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to get them to come by my studio. Trying to get BB on a track haha.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
It's really cool that they're doing this. It even looks like they're hitting up some very small towns along the way. We were driving back from Sunriver, OR last Monday and I heard on a local station that they were making a stop in Goldendale, WA. It is a very small town...I'm sure this event is a big deal for them.

I found a link:
http://www.goldendalesentinel.com/story ... /2706.html

The Radish

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":1bvy6kv2 said:
It's really cool that they're doing this. It even looks like they're hitting up some very small towns along the way. We were driving back from Sunriver, OR last Monday and I heard on a local station that they were making a stop in Goldendale, WA. It is a very small town...I'm sure this event is a big deal for them.

I found a link:
http://www.goldendalesentinel.com/story ... /2706.html

Hey if they went to Wasilli,(which they do) then Goldendale can't be far behind. lol

They perhaps were there to see the telescope.

:les:

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Just waiting for their stop-off in Astoria, OR.

They are more than welcome to visit us in the "mini-San Francisco" of Oregon.

Mouth of the Columbia. Best fishing/crabbing/clamming in the USA. Sports fanatics!!!!!!!!

What's NOT to love?!?

Seaman

Reaction score
Just drove by. There's quite a few little kids. Not the place for a single guy. Saw a guy with a 12 jersey up on stage and a large blow-up big screen. You guys aren't missing much!

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I just got back from it. Browner didn't say a word, most of the talking was done by a team rep wearing #12. Richard Sherman did take the mic and gave some props to the 12thman, but it was all over in probably 60 seconds. They did say that they'll be at Big Al's on Sunday and will be giving out autographs there.

Really, if you didn't go you didn't miss much, though Blitz and two of the cheerleaders were there for fans to take pictures with (I took a picture with my brother and Blitz).

We actually got there before 7pm but contrary to what we were told the event didn't really start until maybe 8:20 or so, which meant a lot of standing around and waiting. At some point right after 8 o'clock some guy walks right up to us out of the blue to greet us, he was probably 3 feet away when I realized it was Tony Ventrela. He's basically exactly like you'd think he'd be like in real life in every way. Still, it kind of blew me away that I'm just standing there and literally the very next second I was talking to Tony Ventrela who appeared out of nowhere. He was the only person at the event that gave autographs, turns out he's a lefty.

If you didn't go you didn't miss anything, but I'll probably still remember it 30 years from now and that's not something I can say about any other day I've had in the last month. I think it was worth going to.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Paschtorian":38o446yd said:

Mouth of the Columbia. Best fishing/crabbing/clamming in the USA. Sports fanatics!!!!!!!!

What's NOT to love?!?
Best razor clamming is on the Long Beach peninsula my friend.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Paschtorian wrote:

What's NOT to love?!?

Best razor clamming is on the Long Beach peninsula my friend.

From what I have heard (over the past few years),.......

..........you are correct sir.

The mouth of this river is loaded with everything a person needs to survive.

Wodan

Reaction score
Went to Goldendale WA to see Browner and Sherman. It was just embarrassing. The town missed the opportunity to organize such a nice event in an appropriate way. Both players left without given any autographs. If I was a player I would never come back there. I guess I have to sign my football by myself. :cry:

Wodan

Reaction score
Thank God I don't live there, but went up there to see the players. They only stopped there because a Seahawks promoter is building a house up there. Poor Tony Ventrella had a hard time to get the microphone working. Somebody showed up in a niner jersey and another asked the players if they liked his Bronco jersey. No security around the stage. The players had to wait in the car for 15 min so those dummies had time to clear the stage. It was just embarrassing. Both players looked around and probably thought " what the f...?". At least I saw them pretty close hehe. They looked smaller than on tv haha.