Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't get the automatic hate for enemy fans coming here, either. If you come to hate an enemy poster because of things they've been saying or whatever, that's different; but seeing a non-Seahawks fan here and ragging on them to leave without having seen even one post by them, that's just...I don't get it.

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
Agreed.

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure it wasn't what either of us were expecting at first haha.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
bubbrubb":1ppzgu8a said:
I'd much rather have Kaep's antics (if you even wanna call em that) over Sherm's. Kaep is a classy guy that likes to party...so what?

The problem is the position and the importance of the payer. I like Sherman and don't always like his talking but he is a corner back and no matter how good, the team could survive without him. He is also a team leader and backs his mouth up so it is easier to accept but if he were to start to struggle and kept talking, he would lose the fans real quick.

Kaep is the QB and suppose to be the top level team leader and is constantly doing things that make him look immature. His players are even stepping in and counseling him like you would a young player on the team not like you should expect from the guy who is suppose to be the absolute leader and field general.

If he were our QB I would love his highlight reel but would be very worried about his future because the guy is giving reasons to question if he is mature enough for the game and if he continues with those antic's he will slowly lose the support of his team mates, especially if he struggles at all.

Point though is if my QB was doing the things Kaep is it would bug me one hell of alot more than a CB talking some trash.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Alkasquawlik":2ikympnz said:
His NFL accolades as a player include a Pro Bowl nomination, NFL Comeback Player of the Year, runner up in the NFL MVP (1995). He is also in the Colts' Ring of Honor and has the second highest completions for the Bears as well, behind Jay Cutler. 14+ seasons too. Would've played in the Super Bowl too, if not for a dropped Hail Mary pass.

Maybe not the HIGHEST level, but to say it was at the "most average level" the whole time shows your bias against the Niners and Harbaugh. I would consider his career to be above average when compared against all the other NFL players in the league at the time.

Shrug.

You misread the emphasis that doesn't come through on the interwebz. Not the "most average level", but "At the most, average..." It's just that a comma wouldn't work in my sentence as written. I don't think I'b brag about being second to Cutler in just about anything, myself. That's like being slightly worse than Romo.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jk0p55b said:
I don't get the automatic hate for enemy fans coming here, either. If you come to hate an enemy poster because of things they've been saying or whatever, that's different; but seeing a non-Seahawks fan here and ragging on them to leave without having seen even one post by them, that's just...I don't get it.

No fan base takes on the image of its exceptions.

Giedi

Reaction score
HawksFTW":28luryo8 said:
Giedi":28luryo8 said:
heyu123":28luryo8 said:
Well, considering everyone here loves Sherman I'm sure they'd love Kaepernick too.

the only reason he is hated here is obviously because he is a Niner. If he was a Hawk he'd be defended and loved.
This is true. There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers. His name is BJ daniels and I'm pretty sure he'll be the 3rd QB. He'll be a big fan favorite there if or when Kaepernick doesnt do well.

I like Daniels and all, but to call him a Russell Wilson clone is a bit much.
Height, weight, very good speed (not as good as Russell) and I haven't seen his arm yet, but on paper (i.e. what journalists have said) it's pretty strong. Russell is going to be very productive this year if you guy's keep Harvin healthy and the rest of the young WR's and TE's you have continue to improve.

Giedi

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1yoztdnz said:
Giedi":1yoztdnz said:
heyu123":1yoztdnz said:
Even if Russell Wilson played for the 49ers? I highly doubt it
I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.

When did Harbag ever play at the highest level? He was in the NFL alright, but his play was at the most average level the whole time, while his douchebaggery just grew and grew. And if RW would be so much more advanced than he is now, how is it that The Crappernik took a year and a half to be not quite as good or advanced?
Harbs has developed some very good QB's. I think if Harbaugh had Russell as his QB, he'd have given the whole playbook to Russell at the outset instead of waiting till half the season was over before taking off the training wheels.

As for Harbaugh the QB, 14+ years in the NFL is a ton of experience, plus all the different offensive systems he's been in will help him design a system perfectly tailored for Russell. Again, nothing against Bevell and Smith, but if he can take a journeman QB and turn him into a Conference championship QB, imagine what he could do with somebody like Russell.

Giedi

Reaction score
Decimation":2rhwk3ob said:
Giedi":2rhwk3ob said:
There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers.
Thanks for the laugh.
I wouldn't laugh too hard if I were you. Harbaugh has a lifetime winning percentage of .700+ Pete is a d@mn fine Defensive Coach, but it's a quarterback centered league now and while Pete was a pretty good defensive coach for the 49ers under Seifert and learned the ins and outs of the WCO under Seifert, his particular QB heritage isn't as rich (in my opinion) when compared to Harbaugh's pupils.

Just an opinion. Don't string me up yet! :mrgreen: At least wait till the regular season!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'd rather not listen to this after a defeat.

[youtube]lcP-OttWjv4[/youtube]

Of course, given the choice of Kaepernick over a bunch of other prospective starters like Matt Flynn or Brandon Weeden - and I'd go for Kaep. But thankfully I/we don't have to consider that. We have a QB who lives, breathes, sleeps Seahawks football and doesn't waste his time chatting up 5/10's and wearing his pants off his arse.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Giedi":1h397vy9 said:
Decimation":1h397vy9 said:
Giedi":1h397vy9 said:
There is a russell wilson clone on the 49ers.
Thanks for the laugh.
I wouldn't laugh too hard if I were you. Harbaugh has a lifetime winning percentage of .700+ Pete is a d@mn fine Defensive Coach, but it's a quarterback centered league now and while Pete was a pretty good defensive coach for the 49ers under Seifert and learned the ins and outs of the WCO under Seifert, his particular QB heritage isn't as rich (in my opinion) when compared to Harbaugh's pupils.

Just an opinion. Don't string me up yet! :mrgreen: At least wait till the regular season!

Harbafreak is a gold mine of laughs that only grows stronger as time passes. We love the guy.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Giedi":4cbhm5ov said:
I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.

This is a frankly laughable and weak suggestion, dripping in filthy 49ers homerism.

For starters, Russell Wilson just equalled the record for touchdown passes in a season by a rookie. Equal with Peyton Manning. He beat the other two storied rookie QB's, including Andrew Luck who threw many more times in a pass happy offense and happens to be a Harbaugh protege.

How much better exactly could Wilson be realistically?

If you're going to tell me he could've done even better, I need to know how exactly. I need specifics. I watched all of his game's last year and he couldn't have achieved any more. And if it wasn't for others letting him down in Atlanta with that shocking first half performance, we would've had another Niners-Hawks game in the Bay. The fact it was even remotely possible by the end of the divisional round was all down to Wilson.

And if QB coaching ability is enhanced in such a fashion by experience in the league, why aren't all the top NFL head coaches all former top quarterbacks? Why is Kaepernick - as brilliant an athlete and dynamic playmaker that he is - still a dear in headlights at times when he faces pressure? Immediately looking down at the line instead of keeping his eyes downfield, he was consistently distracted under duress last year - the one big flaw to an otherwise sensational first year as a starter. But surely he should have flawless technique by now having enjoyed two years under Harbaugh's leadership?

For what it's worth, you'll struggle to find one glaring issue with Wilson's game.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":3elu9jrx said:
IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove. Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.

No offense, but this isn't really true. Carroll's said, a few times, Kaep was high on their board as a RUNNER, nothing about being a QB. In fact, he kind of called like "we'd draft him as an athlete"...they didn't see a true option as a passer.

I know the trend is to give in, and say respect Kap on the field. But I dont, at all. Harbaugh's an offensive mind that rivals any, ever. Add to Harbaugh's brilliance a ready made roster, complete with OL, and I'd QB 4 wins on that squad.

Kap's a Don Majkowski, a Bosworth, a Jim McMahon, Kordell, a fluke, a gimmick. Any QB could win 12 games with Harbaugh and that OL. ANY QB.

Kap adds the athlete element...great...good luck.

XOXO

JJ Stokes

NinerLifer

Reaction score
pehawk":3u479ipl said:
kearly":3u479ipl said:
IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove. Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.

No offense, but this isn't really true. Carroll's said, a few times, Kaep was high on their board as a RUNNER, nothing about being a QB. In fact, he kind of called like "we'd draft him as an athlete"...they didn't see a true option as a passer.

I know the trend is to give in, and say respect Kap on the field. But I dont, at all. Harbaugh's an offensive mind that rivals any, ever. Add to Harbaugh's brilliance a ready made roster, complete with OL, and I'd QB 4 wins on that squad.

Kap's a Don Majkowski, a Bosworth, a Jim McMahon, Kordell, a fluke, a gimmick. Any QB could win 12 games with Harbaugh and that OL. ANY QB.

Kap adds the athlete element...great...good luck.

XOXO

JJ Stokes

No wonder some of you are over confident on your chances next season if you guys share this guys opinion.

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't really care who doesn't share that opinion, they're wrong.

XOXO

"This Guy"

pehawk

Reaction score
Kap, like Marino, will retire with no Lombardi's BUT a real cool record (all time rushing yards as a QB). The Dolphins hat makes total sense now.

Hawk Strap....?

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Yep.

To make it simple for our 49er friends. Wilson is Montana, Papaki is Favre.

Wilson is Brady, Papaki is Peyton Manning.

That OLine of SF is better than the old Fouts line, he will get away with a lot. But a true legend is unique and redefines greatness.

Papaki will rush for 190 yards in a blowout.

Wilson will rush for 15 yards and 4 first downs.

It is all about will and heart. Russell Wilson has no peer.

pehawk

Reaction score
I personally would've gone "Wilson is Aikman, Papki is Farve". Makes more sense, you know, like career years and all. But, I understand you had to throw out logic so a CERTAIN portion of this community could follow along.

Dave Krieg was also better than Harbaugh as a player. I'm saying that for no other reason than Mudbone should be interjected into any and all threads AND it’s apropos since a new member professed his love for Harbaugh the Colt and Bear (no Charger references?).

Yours Truly,

Jim Drunkenmiller