Straight up beauty!!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":3w37przn said:
seahawk2k":3w37przn said:
I love how SEC fans troll non SEC topics just to gloat about their superiority. As an avid football watcher, I will say that the SEC is the best conference and has deserved every national championship they've won. It remains silly to me how arrogant about their football superiority when it often comes at the loss of the academic integrity of the school. But, academics doesn't really matter down there does it? I love watching the SEC, but fans of the SEC? Not so much.

Hey, if it makes you feel better at night that your kids are actually "student athletes", and yes I put that in quotes for a reason. More power too you. I'm 36, been around the NFL and NCAA for a long time.

BREAKING NEWS: 80%+ I would say are idiots. Dumb as shit, been passed along. Worst role models ever. Don't actually attend class or take their own tests/turn in their own papers.

MY ADVICE: watch for entertainment.

Quit watching these guys as people that you care about and think are educated. As people that you care what they say. They are morons. More often then not you are listening to someone who is educated as much as a homeless person and if you listen to someone who is dumber than you....

In fact, your opinion of the SEC education makes me laugh at how disconnected you are from just about every major conference in college football. Unless you are Ivy League, Independent, or Military College level; I have no faith in your "SUPERIORITY" in academics.

I do watch for entertainment. I find that by and large, academics in college football is in fact a joke, but the truth is, its hilarious and pretty sad how the SEC practically sticks their chest out about the fact that as bad as the rest of academics in football is, they have been for quite some time, significantly worse. Dream big!

I am quite familiar that some of the athletes(80%?? Only in the SEC) are illiterate fools. I went to a WSU when they owned the JC circuit for recruits and actually fielded a talented and pretty good team. There were idiots and there were smart kids. Your delineation of the ratio is, in my opinion, inaccurate.

Considering 95% of college football players even get a sniff of the pro game, I do actually think its mildly relevant that they have something to fall back on, you don't. Difference of opinion.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
You guys can have your little stadium redo. At the end of the day its just a place to watch a football game just like every other school in the country has. But check out the new Oregon football ops center. Coaches office, locker room, player lounge, meeting area's, weight rooms, etc, etc. My guess is that the inside and all the amenities will make the Seahawks V-Mac center look like a little league locker room. Set to open in another month or two:

1001005 zpsf1f023ca

3 zpscbce521d

2 zps361ab4f9

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2fz4dqzu said:
Throwdown":2fz4dqzu said:
That Phil Knight money

Fo'sho.
Damn - does Phil just build whatever he wants or does he have to donate to the school and then they handle all the plans and bids?

CPHawk

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1ymrjgup said:
JSeahawks":1ymrjgup said:
Throwdown":1ymrjgup said:
That Phil Knight money

Fo'sho.
Damn - does Phil just build whatever he wants or does he have to donate to the school and then they handle all the plans and bids?
Depends on the project, but I think this was all him.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Looks a little better than the football opps building going up in Pullman that they are squeezing between the practice fields and the stadium. Anytime you can reduce the capacity of already the smallest stadium in the conference, you have to jump on it.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
seahawk2k":14whtsq2 said:
I do watch for entertainment. I find that by and large, academics in college football is in fact a joke, but the truth is, its hilarious and pretty sad how the SEC practically sticks their chest out about the fact that as bad as the rest of academics in football is, they have been for quite some time, significantly worse. Dream big!

I am quite familiar that some of the athletes(80%?? Only in the SEC) are illiterate fools. I went to a WSU when they owned the JC circuit for recruits and actually fielded a talented and pretty good team. There were idiots and there were smart kids. Your delineation of the ratio is, in my opinion, inaccurate.

Considering 95% of college football players even get a sniff of the pro game, I do actually think its mildly relevant that they have something to fall back on, you don't. Difference of opinion.

I didn't say illiterate. I said morons. And yes, 80%..maybe slightly less are morons. My bro was a Pi Kappa Alpha at Wazzu, and I hung around and partied with all the dumb ass football players over in Pullman. Don't try and tell me what I don't know. Hey, if you want to plead some kind of superiority of academics in Pullman be my guest. Pullman accepts anybody. They fit in just fine by SEC standards. Now if you were Stanford, UCLA, UW or Berkley...I might back off but Wazzu hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hit the bricks jabroni

seahawk2k

Reaction score
jabroni? Is it 1999?

I think you are painting in broad strokes here.

I wasn't holding WSU up as an high end academic institution, I was speaking of it as a standard Pac 12 university. But its fun to change my point to fit your argument isn't it? Can you read? Put down your Keystone Light, hop back in your insult time machine and watch some Reading Rainbow until you understand what I actually was saying.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2baj68rh said:
Sweet JV Stadium.

Signed the SEC
So you're a fan of the entire conference? Not just one school?

What a bandwagon tool

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":34jalnhn said:
That Phil Knight money
Typical duck reaction to a thread about the new UW stadium "hey look what our rich daddy is doing for us!! We don;t need to earn tradition, he can just buy it for us!"

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2y1a2mqk said:
Throwdown":2y1a2mqk said:
That Phil Knight money
Typical duck reaction to a thread about the new UW stadium "hey look what our rich daddy is doing for us!! We don;t need to earn tradition, he can just buy it for us!"

You're right, we should just stick it to the tax payers like UW and osu do.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought they raised the money themselves after they got shot down by the state. Of course, that makes less headlines than them asking the state, because it goes against the narrative.