Surprise rival for seahawks...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Adding Fisher, and all those draft picks they have, they should be good for awhile. They are a hard hitting team, and are no joke. It has been many years of crap for them, but I get the feeling they will be as much competition as the Niners the next 4 or 5 years.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":17lcsm9h said:
I like Arians in Pittsburgh, good offensive mind. I don't care about last year.

But Bowles, on the other hand... the Cards took the guy behind their defensive excellence last year and booted him out the door. And then Arians replaced him with a guy who was AWFUL in Philly. I see the Cards taking a massive step back defensively this year.

As for the Rams/49ers, I'm more worried about the 49ers offense - even without receivers - than anything run by a combination of Fisher/Schottenheimer and led by Bradford. On the flipside, the Rams' D-line is monstrous... but it won't single-handedly win games for them. Sure, the Rams may have improved overall... but so did we.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
3 Team race, although I still think the Rams might be one year away from being there w/the Hawks and Niners. That being said, how quickly this division has changed from NFC Worse to by far the best in the NFC.

pehawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":qo2qc5or said:
pehawk":qo2qc5or said:
I like Arians in Pittsburgh, good offensive mind. I don't care about last year.

But Bowles, on the other hand... the Cards took the guy behind their defensive excellence last year and booted him out the door. And then Arians replaced him with a guy who was AWFUL in Philly. I see the Cards taking a massive step back defensively this year.

That move actually made me like Arians more. It was VERY ballsy. A move which, at a cursory glance, looks 50 Shades of wrong (thats for kearly...his favorite book is 50 Shades of Gray...true bill). But, the locker room would've been divided, IMO. And, my gut tells me Horton players will have a very quick burnout rate (even though I like the dude).

I will agree the Bowles hire was a headscratcher. It was a Holmgren move; establish the HC's identity by removing any DC/OC which is simply coordinating as an interview for a HC gig.

The Cards will be a pest...

AvengerRam

Reaction score
hypnosis-intro.gif

The Rams are not a threat...

You have nothing to worry about...

Take them lightly...

Don't gameplan...

Rest your starters...

pehawk

Reaction score
Knock it off, Avenger. Dont come in here trying to be charming and cordial, sir. Be more like the 49er fans.

hawker84

Reaction score
I too think it's a 3 team race, however i'm not quite convinced about SF as i was a few months ago.. Where SEA and STL obviously got stronger in the offseason, i don't see where SF did really.. They have huge question marks at WR and the denfensive backfield, is JS healthy, and if so will he be as effective.. If not will Aldon be as effective..

they're experimenting with VD and the WR position, it's never a good thing when you have to move your star TE to WR, is it?

Gore is older, where they have a great stable of backs, gore is the one that's killed us for the last 2 years.

Kap, great talent, passionate about the game and is a good student of the game, i think all this offseason crap will fade away when the season starts. I feel the on field stuff, slow reads, getting the play called on time will come with experience. I think he'll do just fine...

I watched NFL Sound effects last night of the SB, great competitors on that team, but you can rattle their cage if you come out and punch them in the face like BAL did. I'll give it to them and especially PW, they don't ever stop fighting..

Just on the situation with their WR's and DB's alone i give us the edge, and i think they're going to have a problem with STL as well> purely speculation though..

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You think after one of these:

welker-hit-10-14-12.gif

that Austin and Bailey aren't going to think twice about running across the middle? The greatest slot receiver of our generation had to come out of the game after facing the Legion of Boom, and until proven otherwise, the rookie duo doesn't have that level of toughness.

As for Arizona, Palmer has the yips. He's going to make a lot of costly mistakes against our team.

Edit: That .gif is mesmerizing, isn't it?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
pehawk":s5sbxaiy said:
Knock it off, Avenger. Dont come in here trying to be charming and cordial, sir. Be more like the 49er fans.

Bite your tongue.

As if Whiner fans were not annoying enough... now they have the media drooling all over their QB.

I know its straying a bit from the topic, but I thought I'd share this with you guys. Here are the "out of the gate" stats of two NFL QBs:

QB1: 138-214 (64.5%), 1,826 yards, 14 TDs, 6 Ints., 101.5 passer rating, W/L: 6-1 (.857)
QB2: 136-218 (62.4%), 1,814 yards, 10 TDs, 3 Ints., 98.3 passer rating, W/L: 5-2 (.714)

I think we can agree that these are pretty comparable stats. However, while QB1 received a fair amount of attention, QB2 was treated like a future Hall of Famer.

QB1: Marc Bulger
QB2: Colin Kaepernick

Feel free to quote these stats to any Whiner fan who tells you that Kaepernick is a Top 10 QB in the NFL after seven starts.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well Avenger, one thing we can all agree on, we hate the flippen Niners!! I hope your Rams knock the snot out of Klapperding and Hairball BOTH times you play.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I don't think AZ is quite up to the top of the NFCW level yet, but they signed Winston today. I really think they will surprise some people. Their Oline will be immensely better than last year (how could it not?). Winston, Cooper are going to be big upgrades allowing them to shuffle the other guys around. Palmer is so much better than Skelton/Kolb/Lindley that I'd argue it's like going from TJack to RW. Palmer isn't that good, but those other guys are just that bad. I really think they could possibly end up 7-9 or 8-8 even if they sneak up on some teams early.

So not a top rival, but they could be a lot better than everyone thinks this year.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'd also add Bulger doesn't have a progeria head (even though he was from West Virginia).

Les, Mark, Mods, please make Avenger Ram our "Token Ram" guy. I like the cut of his jib.

sutz

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2c445tve said:
hypnosis-intro.gif

You have nothing to worry about...

Take them lightly...
Don't gameplan...

Rest your starters...

As if that's going to wo-o-r-r--- :zzzzz:

J/K....you might lull some fans to sleep, but Dangeruss doesn't sleep, he just re-charges. :)

BTW, Welcome back! Gonna be a :duel: this year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rich, that thread reads like an example of why people should donate money toward research to cure Down syndrome.

pehawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3lfcira0 said:
Seems our opinions vary from that of 9er fans. Grabbed a link of a thread titled "Hawks and Rams over rated" on the webzone. pages of fun. Not every post is retarded but by in large the inmates are running the assylum.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... overrated/

And by "inmates" you mean minorities, right? Clever.

I must admit its getting harder to pinpoint all of the racism you guys spew. Its hard work, but I remain dedicated to the cause.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
One hit from Browner or Chancellor and we'll see how effective those little rookies are. Going to get a rude welcome to the NFL courtesy of the legion of boom.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
pehawk":2igsa8gh said:
RichNhansom":2igsa8gh said:
Seems our opinions vary from that of 9er fans. Grabbed a link of a thread titled "Hawks and Rams over rated" on the webzone. pages of fun. Not every post is retarded but by in large the inmates are running the assylum.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... overrated/

And by "inmates" you mean minorities, right? Clever.

I must admit its getting harder to pinpoint all of the racism you guys spew. Its hard work, but I remain dedicated to the cause.

Huh? Well the majority of that fan base rides the short bus so not sure what you mean.
Hopefully you just missed the sarcasm button.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I give Rams 1% chance on winning against Hawks. This year is going to be last year we see Bradford as their starter.