Surprise rival for seahawks...

hawk45

Reaction score
rideaducati":2w4s80jk said:
I totally agree with the OP. The more I look at the niner team, the more I see them fighting with the cards for third in the division.

If you look at the teams that the niners beat, you'll see that every one of them was either just plain bad or one dimensional. The teams they lost to were balanced. Well, they play a lot of balanced teams this season and I think they'll have troubles.

Seriously? They nearly won the championship. Good grief.

Calling the 9ers a threat to the Hawks is actually premature, the Hawks are a threat to the 9ers, who remain the division favorite until unseated by actual play, not just on paper.

Saying the Rams are the number one runner up to the Hawks and having the 9ers at third in the division is so delusional I'm speechless. Hardouche made a deep run with Alex Smith for crying out loud, so even if Krapper regresses they'll stay lethal. Bradford...too early to give up on the guy but he has yet to prove anything on the field. And again, our secondary mitigates QBs a lot better than Bradford.

I don't think anyone should sleep on the Rams, but not as a contender for the division. Just as a team very capable of ruining your night if you take them lightly.

m0ng0

Reaction score
hawk45":jj0b0g7i said:

Calling the 9ers a threat to the Hawks is actually premature, the Hawks are a threat to the 9ers, who remain the division favorite until unseated by actual play, not just on paper.

Saying the Rams are the number one runner up to the Hawks and having the 9ers at third in the division is so delusional I'm speechless. Hardouche made a deep run with Alex Smith for crying out loud, so even if Krapper regresses they'll stay lethal. Bradford...too early to give up on the guy but he has yet to prove anything on the field. And again, our secondary mitigates QBs a lot better than Bradford.

I don't think anyone should sleep on the Rams, but not as a contender for the division. Just as a team very capable of ruining your night if you take them lightly.

+1

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawk45":28210427 said:
rideaducati":28210427 said:
I totally agree with the OP. The more I look at the niner team, the more I see them fighting with the cards for third in the division.

If you look at the teams that the niners beat, you'll see that every one of them was either just plain bad or one dimensional. The teams they lost to were balanced. Well, they play a lot of balanced teams this season and I think they'll have troubles.

I guess we'll see.

Offensively, they'll be about the same, I think it will be their defense that will end up letting them down.

bubbrubb

Reaction score
man...nfc west is gonna be hella good. I could see an argument for all 4 teams being on top....but yes I agree STL is gonna be stout. I think Bradford is great...will show it this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bubbrubb":38q279q9 said:
man...nfc west is gonna be hella good. I could see an argument for all 4 teams being on top....but yes I agree STL is gonna be stout. I think Bradford is great...will show it this year.
We will win Percy or no Percy, even though I am on record that if things turn right for St. Louis and things turn bad for the Ninners second place isn't a fantasy but to make that reality Bradford has to step up big time.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":thljiyct said:
I am on record that.........if........things turn right for St. Louis........and..........things turn bad for the Ninners second place isn't a fantasy...........but........... to make that reality Bradford has to step up big time.

Wow. You really went out on a limb there...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3n7m94qa said:
KCHawkGirl":3n7m94qa said:
I am on record that.........if........things turn right for St. Louis........and..........things turn bad for the Ninners second place isn't a fantasy...........but........... to make that reality Bradford has to step up big time.

I am insane but not stupid. What's your issue with that given in the NFL forum I predicted St. Louis in second place. It's a reach and fact is Kaepernick has to regress while Bradford makes the big boy jump. Not likely both happen but totally possible.

Fanatics

Reaction score
m0ng0":2qjhk4hj said:
hawk45":2qjhk4hj said:

+1
Make that another +1. I can recall before last season everyone here talking about how the 9ers played an easy schedule and after winning the division would be in trouble because now they are playing a tougher one. I still see the 9ers as the number 1 threat in the division.

In the NFC, I believe Atlanta beat us by jumping out to such a big lead and then the team relaxing at the end thinking the game was over, the team that worried me more in last years playoffs was Washington. It seemed early on with his wheels (RGIII) we could not slow the guy down, he makes the team a threat if healthy. Once we knew he was not a threat to extend the plays the game was over.

I just hope the NFCW doesn't beat us down too much, to make noise in the playoffs. The West is going to be tough to get through unscathed and mentally sharp. This is why the bye is so important but if the west plays out like I believe it will, no bye will be coming from the west. We will have to earn the title of World Champions.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":8sz08tfr said:
bestfightstory":8sz08tfr said:
KCHawkGirl":8sz08tfr said:

I am insane but not stupid. What's your issue with that given in the NFL forum I predicted St. Louis in second place. It's a reach and fact is Kaepernick has to regress while Bradford makes the big boy jump. Not likely both happen but totally possible.

I think his point was that anyone can make a 100% accurate and safe prediction by saying if X and Y go exactly this way, then Z could very well happen..

Fanatics

Reaction score
Johnny":1xf0l077 said:
I love our division now, Every game played inside our division is going to be a good game. This division can put 3 teams in the playoffs this year..
I guess yes, it could happen but I really have a hard time seeing it. Our division is now stacked with talent across all teams and I believe we beat/bruise/annihilate each other to the point that 3 teams making it will be nearly impossible.

I am just hoping that we have not waited all of this time, long off-season, just to see over-confidence hurt us at the start of the season. If the team believes the clippings, they could be woke up quickly.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Fanatics":3gdqfhg6 said:
m0ng0":3gdqfhg6 said:
hawk45":3gdqfhg6 said:

+1
Make that another +1. I can recall before last season everyone here talking about how the 9ers played an easy schedule and after winning the division would be in trouble because now they are playing a tougher one. I still see the 9ers as the number 1 threat in the division.

So then it must be safe to say you believe the Ravens are the best team in football right? They beat the Niners to win the championship and until someone knocks them off, they are the current champs.

This is not predicting anything. It is no different than saying teams that lose the super bowl don't make the playoffs the next year so the Niners are weak.

So I'm going -1 because we aren't talking about last year and the Niners aren't fielding the same team that won the division last year. The only consistent is that teams that lose the super bowl don't make it back.

In the NFC, I believe Atlanta beat us by jumping out to such a big lead and then the team relaxing at the end thinking the game was over, the team that worried me more in last years playoffs was Washington. It seemed early on with his wheels (RGIII) we could not slow the guy down, he makes the team a threat if healthy. Once we knew he was not a threat to extend the plays the game was over.

The start of the Washington game had as much to do with field conditions as it did the health of RGIII. There is a reason Schnieder won't fix that field. He knows his team has a distinct advantage playing on a surface regularly that opponents (especially ones who don't play there but once every few years) will have a learning curve to figure out how to play on the surface. Karma equals it out for him by losing RGIII. If he wants to keep his QB on the field he needs to put a real surface in there and lose the advantage of jumping up early while teams adapt.

I agree about the Atlanta game but a 10:00am start compiled to the second week of travel after losing your best DE and your kicker (which played a huge role later in that game with a short low trajectory kickoff on the final drive that helped to put Atlanta near the 40 yard line) all while Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle and uncharacteristically coughed up the ball on a critical drive that might not have happened if he were playing healthy. Credit Schneider for part of that as well. Do we suffer multiple key injuries on a decent field? It was the worst game injury wise for us all year.

I just hope the NFCW doesn't beat us down too much, to make noise in the playoffs. The West is going to be tough to get through unscathed and mentally sharp. This is why the bye is so important but if the west plays out like I believe it will, no bye will be coming from the west. We will have to earn the title of World Champions.

On this we agree.

Largent80

Reaction score
"A bolstered offensive line".

The line needed more than bolstering. Hell, they looked bad against our non pass rush.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If anyone thinks any divisional game is going to be any easy game they are not paying attention. Each of our divisional rivals is capable of beating our team if the Hawks aren't ready or if they are asking the opponent for granted.

The Rams are a significantly stronger team than they were last year, and so are the Cardinals. I think the 9ers will be capable of being beaten by either the Cards or the Rams but think we match better against them tan we did last year. The differential on divisional games is going to shrink this year and they are going to be good lose games. That Sid I could see the Hawks hang a shellacking on at least one of them if they aren't prepared to match our physicality. Somehow I don't think any team except the Rams can do that with any consistency. The Rams are getting stronger but maybe not in a relative way.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
hawk45":1i3df650 said:
rideaducati":1i3df650 said:

"Delusional," you say? (Attack the post and not the people, remember?) Though said to be "speechless," you seemed to recover rather instantly from that to keep going.

Listen, I've watched the NFL for decades and have seen plenty in regards to teams on the rise and divisional standings shakeups from year to year. Should non-playoff teams and fans perhaps all just forget about the season if it's all just going to finish like last year or close to it? Off-season moves don't make any difference? Teams like the Rams shouldn't bother competing? Are they delusional to think they have a chance as an NFL team to compete with other... NFL teams? "Come on, man." (and that show segment hasn't even started yet)

Opinions/ Predications are just that. Too, "seriously"... there are actually rationales for posted opinions.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I haven't missed a home game since I moved down here to AZ in 2001. Home game for the Cards no less. Don't forget about the red birds. They always play us tough down here.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
This is an excellent forum. A lot of reasonable and knowledgeable posts. Nothing like Niners' forums.

It's nice to see knowledge and respect for what the Rams are doing places other than in the Rams' forums.

NFC-W is going to be the highlight of the NFL this season and NOT because of the Niners!