Surprise rival for seahawks...

RamzFanz

Reaction score
60niners":2250uoo8 said:
JSeahawks":2250uoo8 said:
RamzFanz":2250uoo8 said:
The number one reason I see the Rams having a great season at this point:

The new offense is able to make plays consistently in camp against that devastating defense. They aren't taking it easy either. There's been several D vs O heated exchanges and big hits.

You guys win July! Woot! Congratulations.
Lol seriously.

I bookmarked this thread... Definitely going to revisit this one after a few games. We'll see how many Nostradamuses we really have amongst us.

Oh yea...... I said us alright.

Let's revisit who we are talking about when I refer to the Rams Defense BEFORE Ogletree:

Rams vs Niners 2012:

8 sacks 325 total passing yards by Kappy with 0 TD's. Rams 1-0-1

Rams vs Hawks 2012:

8 sacks 3 interceptions 1 TD by Wilson. Rams 1-1-0

Seems the Rams' new O MAY be the real deal when they are throwing, and FINALLY catching, on the money 50, 60, 70 yard TD passes in tight coverage against that D to 5 different receivers and 2 TE's. No? You disagree? :roll:

RedAlice

Reaction score
60niners":1yoayyxn said:
RedAlice":1yoayyxn said:
It will be beyond fun and I mean "fun" to visit the many and multiple threads re Rams this season. Have at your "us."

Don't be all scared and hide out on a Hawk board later.
Oh I'll be here either way. I registered a while ago when my team was below .500 and I had all the optimism in the world so I came here to flex my knowledge.

Probably the same phenomenon you guys are experiencing right now :p

Not really. Rams have been through so many bad years recently, that there is no comparison. The bandwagon a*ho%%% probably won't join until this year or so. Any current Rams' fan is a real fan.

And you get no extra "yay for you" points for joining this board in 2009. I didn't even know there were boards at that time.

eta: but, nice on being here no matter what. me too. I am so curious to see how this season goes.

60niners

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2iuw082r said:
Let's revisit who we are talking about when I refer to the Rams Defense BEFORE Ogletree:

Rams vs Niners 2012:

8 sacks 325 total passing yards by Kappy with 0 TD's. Rams 1-0-1

Rams vs Hawks 2012:

8 sacks 3 interceptions 1 TD by Wilson. Rams 1-1-0

Seems the Rams' new O MAY be the real deal when they are throwing, and FINALLY catching, on the money 50, 60, 70 yard TD passes in tight coverage against that D to 5 different receivers and 2 TE's. No? You disagree? :roll:
If you're asking whether I agree with your assertion that the Rams are going to finish the season above the 49ers in the NFCW, based on the fact that they're practicing well at camp; then the answer is no. I don't agree with that assertion for one second. There are 32 team's fans that right now that believe their favorite team is going to make a playoff run... And we all know it's just not going to work out that way. Training camp tends to give us tons of hope, and "every team has improved".

Maybe the Rams will have a better season this year, maybe they won't. Their defense is very good, but their defense wasn't the issue last year. Until proven otherwise, I am convinced that the reason the 49ers could not best the Rams last year was because they were out-coached. Clearly the beans were spilled when Dahl admitted that the defense had tells from the right guard on what types of plays were coming. So the Rams knew what plays were coming and they still could only manage a tie, and then BARELY eek out a win with scant amounts of time left in overtime. Great on the Rams coaching staff; terrible on the Niners coaching staff. I don't believe that the Rams are talented enough to win the division just yet - my assertion based on proven talent. This coming season might very well prove that, but as of this writing, nothing is proven yet.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
60niners":vpp4buxj said:
If you're asking whether I agree with your assertion that the Rams are going to finish the season above the 49ers in the NFCW, based on the fact that they're practicing well at camp; then the answer is no. I don't agree with that assertion for one second. There are 32 team's fans that right now that believe their favorite team is going to make a playoff run... And we all know it's just not going to work out that way. Training camp tends to give us tons of hope, and "every team has improved".

Maybe the Rams will have a better season this year, maybe they won't. Their defense is very good, but their defense wasn't the issue last year. Until proven otherwise, I am convinced that the reason the 49ers could not best the Rams last year was because they were out-coached. Clearly the beans were spilled when Dahl admitted that the defense had tells from the right guard on what types of plays were coming. So the Rams knew what plays were coming and they still could only manage a tie, and then BARELY eek out a win with scant amounts of time left in overtime. Great on the Rams coaching staff; terrible on the Niners coaching staff. I don't believe that the Rams are talented enough to win the division just yet - my assertion based on proven talent. This coming season might very well prove that, but as of this writing, nothing is proven yet.

Nothing is ever proven when looking forward. My point was simple, I love that the Rams O is playing just as well as its D when this would NOT be expected. What else do I have to judge by?

Here's what is proven looking back: The Niners couldn't beat the Rams last season when the Rams' offense was horrible. Not even in candlestick park.

Here's what is unproven looking forward, but is my opinion: The Niners are looking very thin at WR. The Rams have a depth of talent on O that they haven't fielded for probably 10 years. The Rams added an OLB in Ogletree that may just make 8 sacks look low and be the key to sweeping the Niners this season.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
This should be moved to the NFL forum. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods in this board. Not even the 49ers board I frequent has to deal with this crap. Guess we can tell who the most feared team in the NFCW is (I'm not talking about the 49ers or Seahawks or Cardinals).

RamzFanz

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":1fld8bwf said:
This should be moved to the NFL forum. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods in this board. Not even the 49ers board I frequent has to deal with this crap. Guess we can tell who the most feared team in the NFCW is (I'm not talking about the 49ers or Seahawks or Cardinals).

The discussion is about why the Rams should be feared by the Seahawks more than the Niners.

Obviously, the Rams have the better D. Add Ogletree to last seasons D and... omg

What most people are missing is the Rams are going to present a completely different offense. Fast paced - spread - just like Bradford excelled at in the past. The weapons are many. Maybe the best TE tandem in the league with Cook and Kendricks. Tavon Austin and Givens. Pettis, Bailey, and Quick all looking very good.

The running game is in question, but not really. The talent and depth is there and so is the coaching. The improved line and passing game should be able to make opportunities for the run pretty common.

The big difference is the Niners are essentially the same only with less talent and the Rams D is improved and it's a whole new O. IF the O pans out to be even 1 TD per game better than last season, Rams would have swept the NFCW and gone to the playoffs.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
RamzFanz":1wgc2ibl said:
SoHo9erFan":1wgc2ibl said:

The discussion is about why the Rams should be feared by the Seahawks more than the Niners.

Obviously, the Rams have the better D. Add Ogletree to last seasons D and... omg

What most people are missing is the Rams are going to present a completely different offense. Fast paced - spread - just like Bradford excelled at in the past. The weapons are many. Maybe the best TE tandem in the league with Cook and Kendricks. Tavon Austin and Givens. Pettis, Bailey, and Quick all looking very good.

The running game is in question, but not really. The talent and depth is there and so is the coaching. The improved line and passing game should be able to make opportunities for the run pretty common.

The big difference is the Niners are essentially the same only with less talent and the Rams D is improved and it's a whole new O. IF the O pans out to be even 1 TD per game better than last season, Rams would have swept the NFCW and gone to the playoffs.
Blah, blah, blah. Sure, you guys actually get to field a halfway decent team this season. Doesn't mean you should expect a playoff birth. I am willing to bet you $1,000 dollars they will have a worse record than the 49ers. Swear to god. We can do it over paypal or something. I'm sure we can figure a legitimate way to make this bet worth. If you're so confident you should be willing to do it.

How did the 49ers lose talent?? I'm not disagreeing, I just want to see how knowledgable you are about other teams outside the Rams. Because, as of right now, every fanbase in the league is behaving like you are. Everyone is ultra confident in TC, but by Week 10 I guarantee you that you won't be as optimistic as you are right now.

60niners

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":3bnxv445 said:
RamzFanz":3bnxv445 said:
SoHo9erFan":3bnxv445 said:

Blah, blah, blah. Sure, you guys actually get to field a halfway decent team this season. Doesn't mean you should expect a playoff birth. I am willing to bet you $1,000 dollars they will have a worse record than the 49ers. Swear to god. We can do it over paypal or something. I'm sure we can figure a legitimate way to make this bet worth. If you're so confident you should be willing to do it.

How did the 49ers lose talent?? I'm not disagreeing, I just want to see how knowledgable you are about other teams outside the Rams. Because, as of right now, every fanbase in the league is behaving like you are. Everyone is ultra confident in TC, but by Week 10 I guarantee you that you won't be as optimistic as you are right now.
You two should make the bet and the proceeds go to the winner's charity of choice.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
60niners":1czsl2u5 said:
You two should make the bet and the proceeds go to the winner's charity of choice.
Sounds good to me. He or she would never accept.

hawker84

Reaction score

Than who?

the Cardinals, because surely you're not referring to the Niners or Seahawks....

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Proceeds should go to .net since it made the bet possible.

If it weren't for the schedule I think it's a fair bet but that schedule very well could make the difference.
I'd probably throw $20 the Rams will sweep the Niners or I'd go $50 the Niners won't sweep the Rams.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
hawker84":3cg0h19k said:

Than who?

the Cardinals, because surely you're not referring to the Niners or Seahawks....

So the Rams beat the Niners and Hawks with their OFFENSE? The Rams OFFENSE outplayed the Hawks and Niners D?

RamzFanz

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":pq6lvxk3 said:

As if Crabtree wasn't enough? Dude, they are using UDFA QB's as wide receivers they are so desperate right now. Go look.

OK, I have $50 for seahawks.net if you do for ramsondemand.com.

The bet I'll offer is this: Rams win more division games than the Niners.

Bet?

RamzFanz

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/T3_UNFZHSQU

Do you even know who he is? 2,920 yards and 17 TDs in the SEC? (in his senior year, not college career)

When your finished, consider that Bailey, the "other" Rams rookie WR had 25 TDs and 1,600+ yards in the SEC. (in his senior year, not college career)

That's over 4.520 combined yards and 42 TDs.

That's not considering that Givens, Cook, and Kendricks are all proven threats and Pettis and Quick have massive potential this season.

Give Bradord a few seconds of protection and a serviceable running game and it's gonna be fireworks.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
RamzFanz":1jyn72n8 said:

Do you even know who he is? 2,920 yards and 17 TDs in the SEC? (in his senior year, not college career)

When your finished, consider that Bailey, the "other" Rams rookie WR had 25 TDs and 1,600+ yards in the SEC. (in his senior year, not college career)

That's not considering that Givens, Cook, and Kendricks are all proven threats and Pettis and Quick have massive potential this season.

I dont know those players, have they played a down in the NFL yet?

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3ksslq1o said:

Yes, in training camp, and they are lighting it up. They aren't mincing words, everyone agrees, they're the real deal and against an impressive pass D.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2xhsikdc said:

ESPN just downgraded Niners and Hawks' WR's to 4th and 3rd in the NHC-W respectively. At least someone's paying attention.

"Williamson: I don't feel confident about it because there are giant unknowns. Brian Quick is one of them. They are so young. You hear all these great things about Austin Pettis, but he hasn't played much. Tavon Austin is an unknown. Stedman Bailey is an unknown. I like what's there. I don't think any of them are going to have Larry-like numbers. It'll be week to week. But if I had to take all the Rams' wideouts or all the Seahawks' wideouts without Harvin, I would take the Rams. There is a lot of talent there."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... r-injuries

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
RamzFanz":3d7kv30t said:
Coug_Hawk08":3d7kv30t said:

Yes, in training camp, and they are lighting it up. They aren't mincing words, everyone agrees, they're the real deal and against an impressive pass D.

They have had one week of padded practice, and you are ready to crown 'em? Every team has camp heroes, it rarely translates to kicking butt in the season. Heck, doesnt even guarantee a roster spot on most squads. Games are what matter. They have played 0 games.

At least wait until preseason to start talking crazy. Its a bit premature right now.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
RamzFanz":266mit6p said:

Give Bradord a few seconds of protection and a serviceable running game and it's gonna be fireworks.

Perhaps you meant the Big East instead of the SEC? There's a rather large dropoff.

Have the Rams never picked up a rookie first round WR that didn't live up to expectations or something? Good luck hoping they both break NFL single season receiving yardage records and TD records simultaneously, based solely upon their Big East numbers and fan wishes.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1qthm4ki said:
RamzFanz":1qthm4ki said:
Coug_Hawk08":1qthm4ki said:

They have had one week of padded practice, and you are ready to crown 'em? Every team has camp heroes, it rarely translates to kicking butt in the season. Heck, doesnt even guarantee a roster spot on most squads. Games are what matter. They have played 0 games.

At least wait until preseason to start talking crazy. Its a bit premature right now.

"Williamson: I don't feel confident about it because there are giant unknowns. Brian Quick is one of them. They are so young. You hear all these great things about Austin Pettis, but he hasn't played much. Tavon Austin is an unknown. Stedman Bailey is an unknown. I like what's there. I don't think any of them are going to have Larry-like numbers. It'll be week to week. But if I had to take all the Rams' wideouts or all the Seahawks' wideouts without Harvin, I would take the Rams. There is a lot of talent there."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... r-injuries